The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
They had a headline the other day attacking Ched Evans for being disrespectful to women, yet immediately to the left of the article there was a photo of a half naked woman. You couldn't make it up.

They also recently slammed Emma Watson for speaking out against sexual assault against women. How that rag isn't defunct yet is a mystery.
Original post by Lúcio
The concept is exceptional but they're obviously over-emphasising the use of it's portability.
Most people who own it won't leave the house with it and the farthest they'll get it playing it on the toilet :tongue:

That being said, the idea that you can literally play it ANYWHERE is gamechanging, providing the battery life is sufficient. That and 3rd party games is huge because Nintendo haven't really done that before.

My biggest concern would be cost of the console in general and any potential replacement of parts. With how often you're moving and changing components, they need to either be sturdy or not ridiculously expensive to replace.

EDIT: Interestingly, it seems the Nintendo Switch home dock is only for charging and transferring to big-screen on the TV, meaning that this is more a portable than a home console. Risky changes but it will definitely play off if they do this right.

hmm I presumed the dock would add some power + up the graphics a bit for TV viewing? If not, and it is more portable, then no chance will it get the latest 3rd party games.. I know what you mean though, for most people the portability wont be usefull at all.. The big exceptions will be kids (when I was a kid, every long family trip = take the gameboy in the car etc. stay at grand parents = gameboy under the covers pretending to be asleep) - and for adultts like me who have huge commutes/regular flights.. the 11 hour flight back home would be much better with a proper console infront of me! I guess its just wait and see now.. until they tell us more its hard to say if this will be game-changing or just a slightly supped up handheld device that has a TV dock
The positive: TSR has stopped adding *** to my posts.. The negative: All my paragraphs are being removed for some reason, and my posts become just a block of text??? unless I go and edit them.. (This post was submitted in 3 sections)
Thoughts on Archies and Popolinos? @Rk2k14
Original post by fallen_acorns
The positive: TSR has stopped adding *** to my posts.. The negative: All my paragraphs are being removed for some reason, and my posts become just a block of text??? unless I go and edit them.. (This post was submitted in 3 sections)

Is this on the app?
Original post by sr90
Is this on the app?

nope - just using the website on my PC. Happens on all my computers as well.. Spread different internet connections at my office and my home.. Only thing I can think of is that its a china problem.
is this possible?

My wife wants a new phone for christmas, and my current contract ends in december. I extend my contract and take a new phone for my wife...

I keep using my old phone - and unlock the new phone so that my wife can use it on what ever sim she wants.. ??

(asking on here because we share a PC at work, and if I message people on any other social media she will see!)
Reply 9667
Funny because I'm pretty sure your wife knows you use the student room?

Also yeah pretty sure that's possible.

My phone broke and I bought a new phone and unlocked the sim, I didn't tell EE my phone messed up so they assume I'm still using that phone.
Putting a semi-decent effort into a Jared Leto style Joker this Halloween is the closest thing to a guaranteed to pull as you'll ever get. There's gonna be Harley Quinns everywhere and they'll be all over you, provided you aren't socially retarded.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Kylie Jenner is an absolute 10 these days, like fp to her surgeon. I imagine she'll one day go overboard and end up looking ridiculous but right now it's all good

Also can you have surgery to make your hips wider or does that just develop with age and genetics?

Check out the chick that did a track called bad intention with migos. Her named skipped my mind right now.

Then you'll know the wonders surgery can do. It's art sometimes.
John Stones with his first assist of the season then.
Original post by swirly
John Stones with his first assist of the season then.

YASSS <3
lol ffs Southampton

Edit: lmfaooo its been called off :rofl:
Original post by trapking
YASSS <3

rekt
Original post by swirly
rekt

double rekt.

:rofl: :rofl:
double rekt.

:rofl: :rofl:

Thoughts on Venus and Serena making it out of Compton being one of the greatest sporting stories of all time.
lol ffs Southampton

Edit: lmfaooo its been called off :rofl:

My brother's mad because he has Stones in his FPL team :biggrin:

Keeps saying it wasn't offside even though Aguero jumped for the ball, which will have affected defenders and the keeper.
Original post by Lúcio
My brother's mad because he has Stones in his FPL team :biggrin:

Keeps saying it wasn't offside even though Aguero jumped for the ball, which will have affected defenders and the keeper.

Tbf i didn't see it until the replay :lol:

Original post by swirly
Thoughts on Venus and Serena making it out of Compton being one of the greatest sporting stories of all time.

Both hot, both have a killer ghetto booty too.
Reply 9678
Original post by Dirtybit
Thoughts on Archies and Popolinos? @Rk2k14

Haven't been Archies for a long time but know its the ****.

Popolinos>>>

You been there?
City fans booing their own team given the position their even in smfh

Latest