The Student Room Group

Private Candidate AQA New Spec Practical Endorsement

I am looking for a centre/school where i can gain practical endorsement for biology and chemistry new spec! Please pm any locals schools you may know of if you don't won't to comment them below! Please comment!!!!!!

Also, can let me know any opinions/previous experiences at campbell harris or london brooks for practicals!

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I am in the same boat as you, need an institution for my a level bio that provides practicals as well.
Did you find any??
Reply 3
no luck yet! still searching. let me know if you find anything. its soo stressful!
Original post by zozozo99
I am looking for a centre/school where i can gain practical endorsement for biology and chemistry new spec! Please pm any locals schools you may know of if you don't won't to comment them below! Please comment!!!!!!

Also, can let me know any opinions/previous experiences at campbell harris or london brooks for practicals!

thanks

Pascals college, though I think today is the deadline
http://www.pascalscollege.co.uk

I have no experience of brooks but there was someone posting here a few days ago that they had let them down with their entries/practicals.

http://www.greenes.org.uk/a-level-science-practicals/ in Oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Thanks for the help. I've seen pascals before but that is very far from me.

Could you expand on the london brooks issue or direct me to the post?

& Oxford is also far :frown:

thanks for your help though, appreciate it a lot!

thanks

The AQA website lists schools that accepted private candidates when they called them. This does mean that you have to call the schools themselves to ask if they still do accept private cnadidates. I am also aware that there are companies which offer to do practical endorsments, but they charge an aweful lot of money, between £600 - £2000. From what I have been told, these companies can be found on the internet.
Reply 7
Hi

I have rang all the schools on the list in my area plus further but they dont take private candidates for the new Practical endorsement. Only written papers or old spec ISAs/EMPAs.

I have seen two centres online both charging £5000 for me and my sister but we don't know if they are good or not.

Anyways, thank you for your help :smile:
Thanks for the help. I've seen pascals before but that is very far from me.

Could you expand on the london brooks issue or direct me to the post?

& Oxford is also far :frown:

thanks for your help though, appreciate it a lot!

ArtScience was the user who posted the the problem.
You could send a private message

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
You do, you get a U AFAIK.
Depends what the reason is for taking the science A level in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want to do a science degree it will almost certainly be an offer condition.
For many top universities it is also a requirement even for non science degrees.
I don't get why so many people want to do it independently when an A level education is free but I guess they have their reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most people do it as part of a free A level they do at school or college.
I agree it seems superfluous for someone who doesn't intend to study science but I don't set the offer conditions and I can only tell you want I've seen in offers from several top universities already this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm more than 50% sure lol.

You're right, it is independent. But they've made it so you have to pass the practical to be able to pass the full A-level as previously you could fail the practical but still pass the A-level, but then on the other end of the scale you could do very badly in the exams but do well in the coursework to bump up your overall grade.
I won't be posting examples from offers I've seen but here is are example public statements. Anyone planning to offer reformed A levels without the practical endorsement should check with their prospective uni

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/download/entry-requirements.pdf

https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/imperial-college-london-reform-statement.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Hi everyone!

Just to let you guys know, I require a 'PASS' in practical endorsement to study medicine at university. It is a requirement alongside the grades.

I have emailed my chosen unis if it is required and the answer is

No pass in practical endorsement = No admission

It is definitely a requirement if you wish do study a course such as this.
Reply 16
Has anyone found a centre/school?
Did anyone find a centre?

Quick Reply

Latest