The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Freaking out right now, i remember entering choices in the pearson vue website a few weeks ago but i just checked the additional information part and there is no choices listed (no fields to enter choices either).

Anyone else had this problem?
I emailed them but worrying now for its after the deadline...
Original post by Louise427
Freaking out right now, i remember entering choices in the pearson vue website a few weeks ago but i just checked the additional information part and there is no choices listed (no fields to enter choices either).

Anyone else had this problem?
I emailed them but worrying now for its after the deadline...

Just checked and the same happened to me. Don't worry I assume this is normal and just shows that the deadline has passed and choices can no longer be changed. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply 7622
Original post by Ninjakam119
Just checked and the same happened to me. Don't worry I assume this is normal and just shows that the deadline has passed and choices can no longer be changed. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

My choices have also disappeared overnight so i assume it's normal.
Anyone applied to Leeds, Liverpool, Bristol or Plymouth for Dentistry? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Liverpool dentistry
Hey Guys,

Anyone heard anything back from Queen Mary's or KCL (other than the automated confirmation regarding receipt of applicaiton)?

I have applied to Queen Mary's both graduate and undergraduate and KCL undregrad.

Any info would be great- I just can't stand this waiting game...

Also, just a question while we are all waiting:
I have predicted A*'s in both chemistry and biology A-levels (don't have GCSE's, but don't need them either as I didn't go through the education system in the UK) and a UKCAT of 683. Have a 1st class degree (not science related subject!) and work experience of 1 week in hospital (loved it soooo much) and 1 week in primary care.
Do I have a chance with any of the courses above?

thank you!
Original post by ArtScience
Hey Guys,

Anyone heard anything back from Queen Mary's or KCL (other than the automated confirmation regarding receipt of applicaiton)?

I have applied to Queen Mary's both graduate and undergraduate and KCL undregrad.

I have predicted A*'s in both chemistry and biology A-levels (don't have GCSE's, but don't need them either as I didn't go through the education system in the UK) and a UKCAT of 683. Have a 1st class degree (not science related subject!) and work experience of 1 week in hospital (loved it soooo much) and 1 week in primary care.

thank you!

You really shouldn't expect to hear anything else till around January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
You really shouldn't expect to hear anything else till around January

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh! I thought they would contact us much earlier and the interviews would take place in December and January. Is that not the case then?
Oh! I thought they would contact us much earlier and the interviews would take place in December and January. Is that not the case then?

that is the case, i have no idea what he's talking about
Hey Guys,

thank you!

UKCAT doesn't even send our results to the universities till first week of november! so no, you are unlikely to hear anything from them anytime soon. i would also expect that there would be significant processing time. i personally am not expecting anything till possibly the third week of november at least. and interviews span a period of several months so i would think that its possible to get a reply only in january for a later interview date.

By contacting us I thought you meant re interviews, they'll probably send us something before then but if you're waiting for an invitation for interview it will most likely be in January or after. Maybe December if the University gives out interviews then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CutieTootsie
that is the case, i have no idea what he's talking about

SW2 1PX

Thank you!
Original post by jaysinn
UKCAT doesn't even send our results to the universities till first week of november! so no, you are unlikely to hear anything from them anytime soon. i would also expect that there would be significant processing time. i personally am not expecting anything till possibly the third week of november at least. and interviews span a period of several months so i would think that its possible to get a reply only in january for a later interview date.

Thank you! So it's about another month at least before they would get in touch.
Do you think I would have a chance with any of my choices?
Original post by ASTK98
By contacting us I thought you meant re interviews, they'll probably send us something before then but if you're waiting for an invitation for interview it will most likely be in January or after. Maybe December if the University gives out interviews then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Original post by skittles17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me I've applied to Liv and Plymouth Dentistry as a gap year student
When do the universities get given everyone's UKCAT scores?
Original post by Sniperdon227
Yeah me I've applied to Liv and Plymouth Dentistry as a gap year student

Keep me updates if you get any emails from either pls! So far Liverpool have sent me an acknowledgement email but I've received nothing from Plymouth 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had an interview for mid november, what u say isn't true.
Original post by YouHaveProblems

Wow- you have an interview for mid Nov? How exciting! Which uni is it? Is it medicine?
Original post by YouHaveProblems

What I said is true for the majority of Unis as far as I know. Only a couple of Med schools hand out interviews in December, the rest hold interviews from January onwards. Which med school interviewed you in November lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending