The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm NEWCASTLE and no news!
Original post by itsmyname
So so far nobody's been successful for any London locations. Something fishy going on here...

No I'm not bitter :-P Lol

I agree it's very strange. It seems if you can notify those who haven't been successful you can notify those who have been.

The only logical explanation is that they're still narrowing candidates down?

The wait continues..
I'm finding it's fishy. My friend also rejected at Stratford. :/
His competencies are normally A*
I'm waiting for someone to say they applied in London and ain't heard anything yet.
Original post by shk0560
I'm finding it's fishy. My friend also rejected at Stratford. :/
His competencies are normally A*
I'm waiting for someone to say they applied in London and ain't heard anything yet.

🙋🏼
Hi all, was rejected from Birmingham unfortunatley, good luck to those still waiting for responses !
Original post by Ronin1992
Hi all, was rejected from Birmingham unfortunatley, good luck to those still waiting for responses !

Sorry it wasn't the news you wanted. Did you receive your email yesterday? Or at some point today?
Original post by Sk80gse
Sorry it wasn't the news you wanted. Did you receive your email yesterday? Or at some point today?

It was yesterday, around 8 pm
Original post by Ronin1992
It was yesterday, around 8 pm

Thank you.
Reply 468
has anyone attended the hco competency interview before
Reply 469
Original post by hco786
has anyone attended the hco competency interview before

Hey, I know someone who has previously attended. They ask the examples of the competencies assessed, I think they state in the email what competency they are going to assess you on. You are also allowed to bring some notes with you. This person was also asked some motivational questions like why HMRC, why this role etc. and some general questions about themselves (their background, prev job, degree etc.). Hope this helps.
Reply 470
thanks a lot priya ive got my interview on 31st oct some guys will be having it next week lets see what they post ater the interview
Reply 471
anyone from cardiff here having their interviews next week
Reply 472
Original post by hco786
thanks a lot priya ive got my interview on 31st oct some guys will be having it next week lets see what they post ater the interview

You're welcome. Also this person told me that the interviewer will not have your online application so you could technically use the same competency examples as the ones you've used online. But this was for June 2016 campaign, I'm not sure if they have changed the process for October 2016 campaign. Good luck for you interview! Hope it goes well :-)
Reply 473
thanks a lot do you also work in the civil service
Original post by priya3
You're welcome. Also this person told me that the interviewer will not have your online application so you could technically use the same competency examples as the ones you've used online. But this was for June 2016 campaign, I'm not sure if they have changed the process for October 2016 campaign. Good luck for you interview! Hope it goes well :-)

The information pack we received states that the panel definitely won't have access to the competencies that we submitted with our applications, so as it says in the pack if it's your best example and demonstrates as many of the indicators for the competency as possible, then go for it.

It's exactly what I will be doing.
Reply 475
when is your interview
Original post by hco786
when is your interview

Wednesday the 26th. Feeling quite apprehensive about it actually, I don't feel there is much more preparation that I can do really.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 477
cool wish you all the best. have you prepared 3 examples for each competency. also have you prepared for motivational questionsliek why hmrc and why this role.
Original post by hco786
cool wish you all the best. have you prepared 3 examples for each competency. also have you prepared for motivational questionsliek why hmrc and why this role.

I have 3 examples prepared, which were the best I could possibly think of yea, Haven't prepared for any motivational questions or generic questions because I'm sure the pack says that they aren't used, which makes sense given the emphasis on the competencies. Also given the fact that we don't really know what business areas we'd be placed in, or what we'd even really be doing if we were successful I don't think I could describe how I would be a good fit for the role to be honest. No harm in having an idea about these things though.

When is your interview buddy ?
Reply 479
what your saying makes sense about the motivational questions but no harm in preparing a few points on skill sets you can bring to the role in general like you said. mine is on 31st oct in cardiff. what location are you . all the very best .

Latest