The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YouHaveProblems
lol hahaahahaha no i was saying because it says that you are supposed to tell your brother you love them for the sake of allah does that apply to sisters to nothing weird.

I didn't realise the typo either thanks

Tbh it's completely normal between sisters when we say that to each other. Proof @HAnwar and @h333, not dissing other girls out here but we normally say it to each other on Whatsapp. Alhamdulillah <3

No worries bro :yy:
And if you are allowed, wouldn't that count as soft language because you aren't supposed to speak with soft language.

It would sound wrong tbh, so no please don't use that when speaking to the opposite gender. Keep it harsh and to the point. It's better to say I want good for you when trying to advice someone etc.
Original post by Leukocyte
Tbh it's completely normal between sisters when we say that to each other. Proof @HAnwar and @h333, not dissing other girls out here but we normally say it to each other on Whatsapp. Alhamdulillah <3

I still find it kinda awkward to say to a brother but beause we are supposed to tell them then u gotta do what u gotta do. I was just wondering if it applies to sisters too, i didn't really put much thought into the question though because you don't really get to love (same as brotherly love) a sister because they aren't ur friend anyway.
Reply 4883
Original post by Leukocyte

:love:
Lol it is so normal between sisters :u:
Original post by h333
:love:
Lol it is so normal between sisters :u:

:yep:
Original post by beyrouthi
Not everyone is sick in the mind :smile:

Yes, I believe I addressed that.
Original post by Warrior Gene
I am going to be blunt here and share my part from a man's point of view. Men think totally different from women and this women dont understand. Take any man and ask him how do you feel when you see a women (who in their eyes is attractive)? Some will deny this but majority of them would say that they feel very much attracted to them, their attraction is instant and a man's nature makes him overpower and dominate everything. Men who have shame/hayaa will not bother and mind their own business, but everyone must understand that there are many many people who are really sick wierdos and they see women as something weak and object of pleasure. Alot of people dont act upon their ill thoughts out of the fear of people around them or because of the law but when there is no one around they rob and kill the weak.

Wouldnt life be much easier, if you dont have to travel with your women folk? But since men understand the mentality of other men so they do what is necessary to protect their women from this evil, this is the reason why men are so strict about many things, when you care about someone, you dont care what they think of you all that matters is their safety and well being. Of course things have changed now but not as much as people think. May ALLAH protect everyone ameen.

If men really are that bad, maybe men shouldn't be allowed outside without a female guide to keep a watch on them? It sounds like men can't be trusted to go out by themselves.
Reply 4887
I still find it kinda awkward to say to a brother but beause we are supposed to tell them then u gotta do what u gotta do. I was just wondering if it applies to sisters too, i didn't really put much thought into the question though because you don't really get to love (same as brotherly love) a sister because they aren't ur friend anyway.

Nothing wrong with loving the other person for sake of Allah. But with the opposite gender, just keep it in the heart, not necessary to/shouldn't tell them.
Original post by The Epicurean
If men really are that bad, maybe men shouldn't be allowed outside without a female guide to keep a watch on them? It sounds like men can't be trusted to go out by themselves.

I look forward to seeing you atheists put this into practice. Please tell us how it goes :smile:

I was expecting this sort of reply. The thing is people would rather find mistakes than understand the context. The world isn't perfect, and I pray none of you have to face any evil.
(edited 7 years ago)

Muslim males are already prohibited from doing that.
You can't really say that a muslim woman is prohibited from being attacked or etc. because it's not her fault. That's why she can have a mahram with her.
None muslim men do bad things and so the way to combat that is allowing a muslim girl to have a mahram with her. This is a way to protect muslim women
(edited 7 years ago)
The Imām, Shaykh ʿAbd al Azīz ibn Bāz [رحمه الله] said:

❝So your brother is the one who advises you, reminds you, and alerts you. Your brother is not the one who gives you no thought, avoids you, or speaks to you with pretty words that lack real truth and sincerity. Rather, your brother, in reality, is the one who advises you, the one who admonishes you, and reminds you. He calls you to Allāh, keeps explaining to you the path to deliverance clearly until you follow it, and warns you about the path to destruction - he keeps explaining to you how evil its end is until you avoid it.❞

[Majmūʿ Fatāwá Wa Maqālāt Mutanawiʿah, (14/21) |Translated By Mikail ibn Mahboob Ariff]
Salaams everyone! Not been here for ages! How are you all doing? :smile:
Original post by ak143244

Wa'alaykumasalaam, how've you been?

Walaykumasalaam. Alhamdulillah not too bad, just tired. Wbu?
Original post by h333
Nothing wrong with loving the other person for sake of Allah. But with the opposite gender, just keep it in the heart, not necessary to/shouldn't tell them.

Yeah, It was a silly question with no thought behind it I would've deleted it earlier if someone hadn't had already quoted it lol

walaykumsalam, i am currently buried under coursework deadlines and work, but as Rasulullah s.a.w would say:
أَلْحَمْدُ لِلٌّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ كَـثِيراً عَلـى كُلِّ حَالٍ.
“All praise be to Allah Lord of the worlds - in all conditions

[Al Kafi]

How are you doing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, It was a silly question with no thought behind it I would've deleted it earlier if someone hadn't had already quoted it lol

There are no silly questions in Islam. Ask anything, and know that you're benefitting people in the process because we learn new things with the answers provided.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have to agree with the users who have advised against a na mahram brother telling a female 'i love you for the sake of Allah'. I'm not passing a fatwa here, but women really do have a lot of issues in terms of their dignity, safety, privacy, and it's best not to do something that would give a possible wrong intention or meaning.

Anyone who has any sisters, or who is or has been married in the past before knows where i am coming from.

Latest

Trending

Trending