The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam, how've you been?

Original post by Leukocyte
Walaykumasalaam. Alhamdulillah not too bad, just tired. Wbu?

Original post by Tawheed
walaykumsalam, i am currently buried under coursework deadlines and work, but as Rasulullah s.a.w would say:
أَلْحَمْدُ لِلٌّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ كَـثِيراً عَلـى كُلِّ حَالٍ.
“Many praises be to Allah Lord of the Universe - in all conditions

[Al Kafi]

How are you doing?

Wow alhamdullilah I'm okay. I came back from Leicester - stayed their overnight because it was mum birthday so we all thought we do a 'surpirse' party for her as for like saying thanks for everything. It went sooooo good alhamdullilah. I've got college holidays as well so I'm planning to revise later on the week. :smile:
Original post by Tawheed
I have to agree with the users who have advised against a na mahram brother telling a female 'i love you for the sake of Allah'. I'm not passing a fatwa here, but women really do have a lot of issues in terms of their dignity, safety, privacy, and it's best not to do something that would give a possible wrong intention or meaning.

Anyone who has any sisters, or who is or has been married in the past before knows where i am coming from.

"Al-hamdu lillaah.May Allaah reward you, dear brother, for practicing the sunnah, as it has been related by Al-Miqdaam bin Ma’di Karib that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "If any of you loves his brother then he should inform him" (Tirmidhi, Hadeeth Hasan Sahih) Also, Anas ibn Maalik related: "I was sitting with the Prophet when a man came passing by, and he said, ‘Oh Prophet of Allaah, indeed I love this man (in a brotherly way)’; so he (the Prophet ) said, ‘Have you informed him of this?’; so the man said, ‘No.’; so the Prophet said, ‘Get up and go tell him.’; so he got up and went to him and said, ‘Oh so-and-so, by Allaah, indeed I love you for the sake of Allaah’; so he said, ‘May the One for whom you have loved me, love you (in return)." (related by Imam Ahmad and Abu Daawood and it is hadeeth sahih.)So I say to you: ‘ahabbak allaah ullaadhi ahbabtani feeh’ (May the One for whom you have loved me, love you, in return.)"

I was referring to that where it said brother i was wondering if it applied to sister too but then i realised you won't probably even know a sister enough to say that because they aren't you friends.
Original post by beautifulxxx
There are no silly questions in Islam. Ask anything, and know that you're benefitting people in the process because we learn new things with the answers provided.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but i didn't think about it i just said it because i would've thought about it and questioned knowing the person and any situation in which someone would just say that and all that jaz
(edited 7 years ago)
Amir a'-mu'minin [Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s] has been narrated to have said: The tongue of the wise man is behind his heart, and the heart of the fool is behind his tongue.

وقال عليه السلام : لِسَانُ الْعَاقِلِ وَرَاءَ قَلْبِهِ، وَقَلْبُ الاْحْمَقِ وَرَاءَ لِسَانِهِ

Source
Original post by ak143244
Wow alhamdullilah I'm okay. I came back from Leicester - stayed their overnight because it was mum birthday so we all thought we do a 'surpirse' party for her as for like saying thanks for everything. It went sooooo good alhamdullilah. I've got college holidays as well so I'm planning to revise later on the week. :smile:

May Allah give your mother a long life. Ameen. Ah that's sweet.
Lucky, we don't get holidays! Good luck revising.
Amir al-mu'minin [a.s], said to one of his companions during his sickness:

"May Allah make your illness a means for writing off your sins, because there is no reward for sickness but that it erases sins and makes them fall like (dried) leaves. Reward lies in saying by the tongue and doing something with the hands and feet. Certainly, Allah, the Glorified, admits into Paradise by virtue of truthfulness of intention and chastity of heart to whomsoever He wishes from among His creatures."

. وقال عليه السلام لبعض أَصحابه في علّة اعتلّها: جَعَلَ اللهُ مَا كَانَ مِنْ شَكْوَاكَ حطّاً لِسَيِّئَاتِكَ، فَإِنَّ الْمَرَضَ لاَ أَجْرَ فِيهِ، وَلكِنَّهُ يَحُطُّ السَّيِّئَاتِ، وَيَحُتُّهَا حَتَّ الاْوْرَاقِ، وَإِنَّمَا الاْجْرُ فِي الْقَوْلِ بِالّلسَانِ، وَالْعَمَلِ بِالاْيْدِي وَالاْقْدَامِ، وَإِنَّ اللهَ سُبْحَانَهُ يُدْخِلُ بِصِدْقِ النِّيَّةِ وَالسَّرِيرَةِ الصَّالِحَةِ مَنْ يَشَاءُ مِنْ عَبَادِهِ الْجَنَّةَ

Source

Alhamdullilah :smile: May Allah azwj give your mum a long life, and help you in your studies! Work hard brother and never put off what you can do today tomorrow. I know from my own experience that time just flies by so quickly, so it's best to pace yourself :smile:
May Allah give your mother a long life. Ameen. Ah that's sweet.
Lucky, we don't get holidays! Good luck revising.

Ameen,
How have you been?
Original post by Tawheed
Alhamdullilah :smile: May Allah azwj give your mum a long life, and help you in your studies! Work hard brother and never put off what you can do today tomorrow. I know from my own experience that time just flies by so quickly, so it's best to pace yourself :smile:

Ammen. Will do :smile:
Yeah true, time goes so fast..
Ameen,
How have you been?

Alhamdulillah well, thanks :smile:
What an imbecile
Asalamu'Alaikum guys, just joined, what's up?
حَدَّثَنَا خَالِدُ بْنُ مَخْلَدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ دِينَارٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عُمَرَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ إِنَّ مِنَ الشَّجَرِ شَجَرَةً لاَ يَسْقُطُ وَرَقُهَا، وَإِنَّهَا مَثَلُ الْمُسْلِمِ، حَدِّثُونِي مَا هِيَ ‏"‏‏.‏ قَالَ فَوَقَعَ النَّاسُ فِي شَجَرِ الْبَوَادِي‏.‏ قَالَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ فَوَقَعَ فِي نَفْسِي أَنَّهَا النَّخْلَةُ، ثُمَّ قَالُوا حَدِّثْنَا مَا هِيَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ ‏"‏ هِيَ النَّخْلَةُ ‏"‏‏.

Narrated Ibn `Umar:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said,

"Amongst the trees, there is a tree, the leaves of which do not fall and is like a Muslim. Tell me the name of that tree." Everybody started thinking about the trees of the desert areas. And I thought of the date-palm tree. The others then asked, "Please inform us what is that tree, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)?"

He replied, "It is the date-palm tree."

Original post by Mmmm Chocolate
What an imbecile
who?
Original post by NewMuslim786

Walaykum asalaam. Old member? If not, welcome.
The ceiling.
Tbh it's completely normal between sisters when we say that to each other. Proof @HAnwar and @h333, not dissing other girls out here but we normally say it to each other on Whatsapp. Alhamdulillah <3

No worries bro :yy:

<3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4916
Salaams everyone! Not been here for ages! How are you all doing?

Wa'alaykum Assalaam.
Good Alhamdulillah. Hope you are too :smile:

Original post by YouHaveProblems
Yeah, It was a silly question with no thought behind it I would've deleted it earlier if someone hadn't had already quoted it lol

No it is totally fine, nothing wrong with asking if you was unsure about something.

Alhamdulillah. May Allah swt bless your mum with a long life with strong imaan and may He shower His mercy on her. Ameen.

Original post by NewMuslim786

Wa'alaykum Assalaam :smile:
Welcome to the thread. Hope you are well.
How is his voice so nice Masha Allah

[video="youtube;kFUi3ikZFvk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFUi3ikZFvk[/video]
Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum Assalaam.
Good Alhamdulillah. Hope you are too :smile:

No it is totally fine, nothing wrong with asking if you was unsure about something.

Alhamdulillah. May Allah swt bless your mum with a long life with strong imaan and may He shower His mercy on her. Ameen.

Wa'alaykum Assalaam :smile:
Welcome to the thread. Hope you are well.

Hey :smile:
How was your day today?
Walaykum asalaam. Old member? If not, welcome.
The ceiling.

loooool thank u i needed that laugh 'the ceiling'😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending