The Student Room Group

RE Christianity and Roman Catholism

One of my subjects i have to take for GCSE is a full course of Re, St. Mark's Gospel and Christianity Ethics, and it is compulsory. However, I am not really good at this, as my highest grade is C+, and yet i have tried so hard to revise. I am currently in year 11, and is there any efficient method that you guys have done in order to get a good grade. Everyone in my school are really good at RE except me. Help is needed please. Even a B grade would do fine. Thank you.
Learn some fundamental ideas about theologists and ethisists of the pasts such as Situation Ethics, and Thomas Aquinas' Natural Moral Law. Learn how to say things in a smarter way, including lots of fancy language for ethics that the examiner would like.
Reply 2
uhm, i don't think i have to know about thomas aquinas' natural moral law. My syllabus only covers unit2, and unit 5 in the aqa religious studies A. St Mark's Gospel and Christianity Ethics. However, occasionally my unit papers tend to be on Roman Catholism Ethics too. Is there any websides i can study from?

Original post by BobBobson
Learn some fundamental ideas about theologists and ethisists of the pasts such as Situation Ethics, and Thomas Aquinas' Natural Moral Law. Learn how to say things in a smarter way, including lots of fancy language for ethics that the examiner would like.
Original post by ePret
uhm, i don't think i have to know about thomas aquinas' natural moral law. My syllabus only covers unit2, and unit 5 in the aqa religious studies A. St Mark's Gospel and Christianity Ethics. However, occasionally my unit papers tend to be on Roman Catholism Ethics too. Is there any websides i can study from?

You don't have to know about it, but if you do know about it, the examiner is going to be impressed and it shows a deeper knowledge. Thomas Aquinas is at the HEART of Roman Catholic ethics
Reply 4
Lol thanks. I'll check up on him. BTW ironically, my school is called St.Thomas. XD I've learnt a bit about St.Thomas Aquinas and his laws on a war i think.
Original post by ePret
Lol thanks. I'll check up on him. BTW ironically, my school is called St.Thomas. XD I've learnt a bit about St.Thomas Aquinas and his laws on a war i think.

Yeah, indeed, Aquinas also did a lot on Just War theory. (Another good thing to talk about in Exams)

Quick Reply

Latest