The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Do lse take extenuating circumstances into account?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Bella909
Anyone apply for History and International Relations??

Sending mine off next week, appplying for just IR not IR& History. Good luck!
Original post by Rabia.Nishat
Do lse take extenuating circumstances into account?

Yes, they do.
How long does the initial assessment for applications to government and economics take?
How long does it take for the initial assessment for your application to finish?
Whats the initial assessment? :confused:
I sent off my application on Friday and still haven't received a conformation for receiving my application is that normal?
Reply 326
Original post by no need name
How long does it take for the initial assessment for your application to finish?

Three days ago which was a Thursday, they have rejected a batch of students in the initial assessment.
The initial assessment should take no longer than 2 weeks. Assuming a batch of applicants have received their initial assessment email on 10/10, hopefully LSE will issue the 8 weeks email by tomorrow. :smile: Then, the game of elimination begins. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I got the confirmation email on the 11th but haven't had anything since... Does this mean they haven't properly started looking at my application?
Original post by Heheboy
Three days ago which was a Thursday, they have rejected a batch of students in the initial assessment.
The initial assessment should take no longer than 2 weeks. Assuming a batch of applicants have received their initial assessment email on 10/10, hopefully LSE will issue the 8 weeks email by tomorrow. :smile: Then, the game of elimination begins. :frown:

If it helps I actually received my 8 weeks email an hour or so ago! (I've applied for International History) so they should be coming out soon. I was an early applicant, though.
Reply 329
Original post by meganm0ore
I'd love to study International Relations, but think I screwed up some of my AS exams (MATHS!!)

I screwed up mine but if it is not cashed it they won't know?
Reply 330
Original post by greys-anatomy
Whats the initial assessment? :confused:
I sent off my application on Friday and still haven't received a conformation for receiving my application is that normal?

Me too! I guess its normal then?
Reply 331
Hi I applied for Maths with Economics at LSE at about 9/30.
I only recieved a confirmation letter 10/10 for the inital assessment and today I got an email that it was passed for further consideration.

I got 4As for AS which is maths further maths chemistry and economics and predicted 4A*s with an A*in a political/economics related epq, and average 99% in my maths/fmaths modules sooo Im really hoping to get in!!
Reply 332
I haven't received an email yet can someone tell me what the initial assessment is?:smile:
I submitted my application on October 12th, but I haven't got any email that my application was taken for initial assessment or something, can someone explain what's that mail?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 334
Original post by phyllischan
If it helps I actually received my 8 weeks email an hour or so ago! (I've applied for International History) so they should be coming out soon. I was an early applicant, though.

Sorry, did you mean that you have received the 8 weeks email?
Original post by Heheboy
Sorry, did you mean that you have received the 8 weeks email?

Yes. They said that my application has been released to the admissions selector for History and I'm now being considered in competition with other applicants.
Reply 336
Original post by phyllischan
Yes. They said that my application has been released to the admissions selector for History and I'm now being considered in competition with other applicants.

Haha same as mine! I just received the email 10 minutes ago
Basically, the LSE admissions assessment is a two-stage process. After your application has been received you'll get an email detailing this. In the first stage your application is put through checks, e.g. to see if your predicted grades stand up to the typical offer, what your personal statement is like, etc. Then you'll get a further email if you progress to the second stage, which is when they compare you competitively to other applicants. After around eight weeks or more you either get declined or given an offer.
I think it's possible that you could get declined after the initial assessment - but only if your profile really doesn't match what they're looking for.

Hope this helped somebody :smile:
Original post by Heheboy
Haha same as mine! I just received the email 10 minutes ago

Do you have any idea when will the next pool of students be taken for initial assessment. I had applied on October 12th

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got the 8 week email today for International Relations! I feel they will get back to me around Christmas and January.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending