The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jinxed that

Very worrying display from Aguero. Spending a lot of time miles out of the area
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Jinxed that

Worrying times for captaincy choices if he and Sanchez not scoring.

Edit: He's got a yellow card as well. This is looking like Everton game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Jinxed that

If he didn't have such good fixtures coming up i'd be tempted to remove him.

Sterling's doing nothing either. Only have Valencia in the later fixture so this'll be another dreadful week for me.
Original post by sr90
If he didn't have such good fixtures coming up i'd be tempted to remove him.

Sterling's doing nothing either. Only have Valencia in the later fixture so this'll be another dreadful week for me.

Relatively speaking it isn't too bad, as most of us are in 40 point range. You'll still just about cling on to top spot in TSR league from me once Valencia plays.

Happy with my team at the moment. Keeping up with 2 FTs so if it all goes wrong one week, I have he contingency in place to change things City's upcoming fixtures are fine so Aguero/Sterling will be ok. Sterling may be removed if he has 2 or 3 more no shows though as enough value in that price range.
Having captained Sanchez feels soooo much better now.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Relatively speaking it isn't too bad, as most of us are in 40 point range. You'll still just about cling on to top spot in TSR league from me once Valencia plays.

Happy with my team at the moment. Keeping up with 2 FTs so if it all goes wrong one week, I have he contingency in place to change things City's upcoming fixtures are fine so Aguero/Sterling will be ok. Sterling may be removed if he has 2 or 3 more no shows though as enough value in that price range.

I don't know how I'm still top tbh!

I think I'm over the worst of it though. City Liverpool and United now have much easier fixtures, I've cleared the **** out of my team and I've got replacements in mind incase certain players keep blanking. Onwards and upwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaw not featuring means Kingsley comes on with 6 points, sweet.
Original post by UnWise
Shaw not featuring means Kingsley comes on with 6 points, sweet.

Same for me except with Friend.

Really gotta get rid of Shaw - United's defence is awful and he doesn't even play...
30 points. Mane basically was Austin of last week - saving my GW.

Aguero captain fail.
Original post by Lúcio
Same for me except with Friend.

Really gotta get rid of Shaw - United's defence is awful and he doesn't even play...

I'll do just that after next gw (don't wanna drop him when they play at home to Burnley). Thinking Creswell or an Everton defender.

As shocking as Blind was today, surely Shaw must be getting back on...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UnWise
I'll do just that after next gw (don't wanna drop him when they play at home to Burnley). Thinking Creswell or an Everton defender.

As shocking as Blind was today, surely Shaw must be getting back on...

Shaw has just recovered from injury and wasn't match fit for yesterday. He has to start now anyway because Bailly is reportedly out for the season with knee ligament damage. We are, once again, down to the bare limit in defence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Shaw has just recovered from injury and wasn't match fit for yesterday. He has to start now anyway because Bailly is reportedly out for the season with knee ligament damage. We are, once again, down to the bare limit in defence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No point having a United defender anyway - Chelsea look significantly more solid so I'll go for one of them now.
Original post by Lúcio
No point having a United defender anyway - Chelsea look significantly more solid so I'll go for one of them now.

Southampton Spurs Everton and City in their next 5 games. Not for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Southampton Spurs Everton and City in their next 5 games. Not for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd be surprised.

I'll have Watford, Spurs, Chelsea with my cheap options as Middlesborough and Swansea.

Don't really like Karius in goal - Liverpool don't concede as many as people think but it's always 1 per game so we don't get those clean sheets :frown:
Original post by Lúcio

Chelsea's fixtures are messy so it remains to be seen whether it's a good idea or not really.

Williams of Everton has let me down, thinking of Lovren but you never know what to expect with Liverpool.
Pretty stunned I'm in the top 10 of this league when I barely pay attention to my team. @Lucio up your game pal :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
You'd be surprised.

I'll have Watford, Spurs, Chelsea with my cheap options as Middlesborough and Swansea.

Don't really like Karius in goal - Liverpool don't concede as many as people think but it's always 1 per game so we don't get those clean sheets :frown:

That's the problem, Karius never gets enough shots at him to get any save points. At least with a Liverpool defender you've got possible BPs or attacking points. Trouble is there's always a more urgent transfer you need to make than a GK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
That's the problem, Karius never gets enough shots at him to get any save points. At least with a Liverpool defender you've got possible BPs or attacking points. Trouble is there's always a more urgent transfer you need to make than a GK

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah exactly - Liverpool are pretty damn solid from open play but when we concede a chance (usually from a set piece), it's one that the keeper is never gonna save.

Yeah exactly; I need to lose Karius because of that reason but every week there's something better I could do...
I only got him in the first place because I needed a cheap keeper, I knew he was starting and I hoped he'd be quality :tongue:
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like how last week I could bring in a keeper as I couldn't think of anything else.

And in completely stuck this week too as I want to keep faith in Sterling for his next couple games.

Maybe A. Williams to Lovren?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Captain choice this week is a nightmare. I have no faith in Aguero after recent results and Walcott is sure to blank again since I brought him in and captained him last week. Costa and Lukaku aren't too bad a choice either.

Latest