The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

On e-trays I've done in the past, the correct 'Least Effective' answer has been distinguished between another answer which was deemed 'Inappropriate' - is the Civil Service test like this? It never made much sense to me but surely an inappropriate response is the least effective one... Feel like I could lose good marks if I took this approach when it isn't warranted ;c
Reply 541
Original post by FrodoBagginses
On e-trays I've done in the past, the correct 'Least Effective' answer has been distinguished between another answer which was deemed 'Inappropriate' - is the Civil Service test like this? It never made much sense to me but surely an inappropriate response is the least effective one... Feel like I could lose good marks if I took this approach when it isn't warranted ;c

YES! Could someone please answer this? I've been postponing doing the e-tray because of this!
Original post by FrodoBagginses

There are four options, you choose the one which is the "most effective" and the "least effective", so you only choose two out of four. It's based, as the name suggests, on the effectiveness of the answer. Unlike other tests there isn't always an answer which is obviously 'inappropriate' that you'd never choose that route unless you were heavily intoxicated. Rather, you base your decision on the background information to give the answer which is most effective in achieving the goals of your role. So just choose the one that you'd most likely do and the one you're least likely to.
Still not heard either way yet and sat the SJT on the 3rd. Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 544
Original post by hodgey111
Still not heard either way yet and sat the SJT on the 3rd. Anyone else in the same boat?

Im the same and did mine on the 2nd. Apparently we should hear by the end of this week
Has anybody started hearing back about E-Tray results?

I wonder if we'll be waiting as long as for the bloody SJT/Behavioural results! :angry:
I have just finished the e-tray with 22 minutes left to spare.

I don't want to second-guess myself but I still haven't pressed submit yet. This is terrifying. It was much more difficult than I anticipated.
did anyone else run out of time on the E tray? only managed to answer 21/24 and was rushing the whole way through. Not feeling confident :'(
Original post by zakiah nasir
did anyone else run out of time on the E tray? only managed to answer 21/24 and was rushing the whole way through. Not feeling confident :'(

I just finished mine, I ran out of time as well only completed 22 of the 24. I don't see how I could have done it faster, considering there was so much information to get through at the beginning.
Original post by armlesspotato
I just finished mine, I ran out of time as well only completed 22 of the 24. I don't see how I could have done it faster, considering there was so much information to get through at the beginning.

There was so much information!! Best of luck, lets hope we get through!
Anybody else get a feeling the first set of E-tray results will be Weds?

I feel like as that's the day after the expiry date for the first set of people given access to it and by that time they'll be able to set a pass score.
Completed my e-tray today. A bit concerned that I didn't use that much on the background info but I used what I thought was relevant. Oh well...got to wait and see I guess!
Mine expires tomorrow afternoon, so unless I take a day off tomorrow. I have to do it tonight. Been putting it off, everyone seems to have found it difficult and given no one has yet to fail the SJT there will be a huge cut after this exercise.
Original post by hodgey111

Yeah same here. Maybe they're doing it by department but the longer the wait goes on, the less optimistic I am about it.
Original post by ali204
Im the same and did mine on the 2nd. Apparently we should hear by the end of this week

Think I am winning with the longest waiting time... I took my tests on the 29th September and still haven't heard anything!
Reply 555
Unsuccessful person from FSAC last year here.

I thought I'd reapply because last year they told me that I could "bank" my first analytical assessment centre but I'm genuinely confused now since everything seems to have changed...

Last year you chose between analytical and non-analytical schemes, while this year you can apply to almost all if you wish. If so, why do most streams have a second assessment (presumably an assessment centre) but some like the Generalist one have one stage less. It doesn't make sense as it isn't dependent on the category of the scheme either...

If someone in theory passes the first assessment centre but fails the second one can he get in a scheme that required only the first?
Reply 556
Original post by ABBIE09
Think I am winning with the longest waiting time... I took my tests on the 29th September and still haven't heard anything!
Na you're not the only one. I did mine on 29th as well and no update since :smile:
Original post by naszam
Na you're not the only one. I did mine on 29th as well and no update since :smile:

Same here!
Does anyone know whether they also take into account your online tests when deciding whether your through to the E tray? E.g. If you did really well in the online tests and just average in E tray would this be considered? Hope that makes sense.
Just completed my e-tray. I got to fsac last year and missed out narrowly but will be surprised if I pass that e-tray, I left 3 unanswered, I wasn't disciplined enough with my timing which is just unforgivably stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending