The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A 2017 Exam Thread (New A Level)

OCR Chemistry A, A Level Exam Dates

H432/1 Periodic table, elements and physical chemistry (2h 15min) Tue 13 June pm

H432/2 Synthesis and analytical techniques (2h 15min) Mon 19 June am

H432/3 Unified Chemistry (1h 30min) Tue 27 June am Unofficial Markscheme

Couldn't find a thread that had already started for the OCR Chemistry A exam for year 2, but I think it's a good idea to be thinking about the exam right through the year for top grades!

Spec:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171720-specification-accredited-a-level-gce-chemistry-a-h432.pdf

Specimen papers:

Let's work together! Know any great resources for revision? Let me know and I'll update this post.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm also doing the OCR chemistry paper this year! How did you find the AS papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Hi I'm also doing the OCR chemistry paper this year! How did you find the AS papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

they were okay, i made so many silly mistakes but still managed to get As on both papers, what about you?
Original post by CutieTootsie
they were okay, i made so many silly mistakes but still managed to get As on both papers, what about you?

Wow I'm so jel, well done! I got a high B and a low B in each paper so unfortunately it averaged out to a B 😭 I'm aiming for an A though so ik just happy we did the AS exams because now I know where I stand so I can push harder for that A! If you don't mind me asking, how do you revise for chemistry? I did revision posters and past papers so I was really disappointed when I got a B 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow I'm so jel, well done! I got a high B and a low B in each paper so unfortunately it averaged out to a B 😭 I'm aiming for an A though so ik just happy we did the AS exams because now I know where I stand so I can push harder for that A! If you don't mind me asking, how do you revise for chemistry? I did revision posters and past papers so I was really disappointed when I got a B 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

The AS don't matter at all so you still can get that A!
For each test I had throughout the year I made cue cards from the spec. Then before the summer exams I went through them all (which was long and frustrating) but it's efficient revision because I didn't do any past papers and got an A on each paper in biology and chemistry, so it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The AS don't matter at all so you still can get that A!
For each test I had throughout the year I made cue cards from the spec. Then before the summer exams I went through them all (which was long and frustrating) but it's efficient revision because I didn't do any past papers and got an A on each paper in biology and chemistry, so it works!

Thank you for the optimism and the advice! I think cue cards are the way to go because they seem quiet popular on TSR x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for the optimism and the advice! I think cue cards are the way to go because they seem quiet popular on TSR x

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile: how are you finding A2 chemistry?

No problem :smile: how are you finding A2 chemistry?

It's good but I hate the rates topic with the Arrhenius equation and rate constants so I need to do focused revision on that topic lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's good but I hate the rates topic with the Arrhenius equation and rate constants so I need to do focused revision on that topic lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't been so focussed this year due to UCAS and admissions tests, so you're one step ahead of me 😂

I haven't been so focussed this year due to UCAS and admissions tests, so you're one step ahead of me 😂

Nah I had my first chemistry topic test the day after my ukcat so I flopped it and got a C and my next topic test is the day after my bmat so the pressures on to redeem myself 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah I had my first chemistry topic test the day after my ukcat so I flopped it and got a C and my next topic test is the day after my bmat so the pressures on to redeem myself 😭😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg mine is the day after too. It's important to do well in the BMAT though, we can always catch up on topics over Christmas or something

Omg mine is the day after too. It's important to do well in the BMAT though, we can always catch up on topics over Christmas or something

Yeah that's what I think too because we only have 1 chance at bmat so is of more importance atm. I'm going to try ask for an extension for the test though because I need to get an A in it fingers crossed 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's what I think too because we only have 1 chance at bmat so is of more importance atm. I'm going to try ask for an extension for the test though because I need to get an A in it fingers crossed 🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too 🙏🏾

If anyone has the AS paper, could you be kind enough to email it to me because I really have to improve my grade. I will be grateful. Thanks!
Original post by coconut64
If anyone has the AS paper, could you be kind enough to email it to me because I really have to improve my grade. I will be grateful. Thanks!

What did you get? I have the paper but they've got my answers all over them :/ don't think its what you're looking for though

What did you get? I have the paper but they've got my answers all over them :/ don't think its what you're looking for though

I am actually doing the a level exam but really want to do more practice. is it possible for you to download from your schools website ? my teacher will never give it to me, even though I just want to improve. thanks
Original post by coconut64
I am actually doing the a level exam but really want to do more practice. is it possible for you to download from your schools website ? my teacher will never give it to me, even though I just want to improve. thanks

i don't have access to it, only teachers do. i actually paid for my original paper so that i can work on my mistakes
i don't have access to it, only teachers do. i actually paid for my original paper so that i can work on my mistakes

If you don't mind could you send me a most of the topics that were in each paper whenever you have spare time (if we get any this year lol) xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't mind could you send me a most of the topics that were in each paper whenever you have spare time (if we get any this year lol) xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure, dm after the BMAT to remind me

So there is no way you can get it from your teacher ? Sorry to bother you but I really wanna do well that's why. If u can't then, dw. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending