The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hco786
what your saying makes sense about the motivational questions but no harm in preparing a few points on skill sets you can bring to the role in general like you said. mine is on 31st oct in cardiff. what location are you . all the very best .

That's a good point Bud, I may have a think about it myself. I'm down for Edinburgh, all the best to to you too !
Preparation is never lost. I doubt you will be asked such questions it's not he civil service style but at the very least will get the brain working and give you good starting point/ideas for conversation. Three examples seems a lot for each competency. Definitely prepare that many but I expect you will only be asked if your first one or two don't quote meet the competency good behaviour indicators. My husband had an interview at this level a few years ago and that's what happened for him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just want to be put out my misery now! I'll be fine if I don't get through to interview but the wait is agonising!
Original post by Sk80gse
Preparation is never lost. I doubt you will be asked such questions it's not he civil service style but at the very least will get the brain working and give you good starting point/ideas for conversation. Three examples seems a lot for each competency. Definitely prepare that many but I expect you will only be asked if your first one or two don't quote meet the competency good behaviour indicators. My husband had an interview at this level a few years ago and that's what happened for him.

Sorry, I maybe didn't clarify myself that well. I have only prepared 1 concrete example for each competency, I'm of a similar thinking as you in that I believe they'll only ask subsequent questions for each competency if you don't hit enough of the behaviours so I've used the best possible situations to hit as many as possible. I do have rough ideas for backups on each competency but I won't be focusing as concretely on them as it all gets a bit confusing and muddled.

EDIT : Just realised you were referring to the chap above "HCo786", this is what I mean about getting confused, I feel like my heads melted with all of this preparation Haha !
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by daveireland20
Sorry, I maybe didn't clarify myself that well. I have only prepared 1 concrete example for each competency, I'm of a similar thinking as you in that I believe they'll only ask subsequent questions for each competency if you don't hit enough of the behaviours so I've used the best possible situations to hit as many as possible. I do have rough ideas for backups on each competency but I won't be focusing as concretely on them as it all gets a bit confusing and muddled.

EDIT : Just realised you were referring to the chap above "HCo786", this is what I mean about getting confused, I feel like my heads melted with all of this preparation Haha !

No problem. I will be doing the same as you, should I be fortunate enough to get an interview. Does the candidate pack indicate possible start dates?
Original post by Sk80gse
No problem. I will be doing the same as you, should I be fortunate enough to get an interview. Does the candidate pack indicate possible start dates?

Not concretely not buddy, but it does say the earliest you would be expected to "begin service" is early December. I imagine given the variances between interview times/schedules and locations its all a bit up in the air. Fingers crossed for you !
Reply 486
SK80GSE good luck
Monday!
Good luck to everyone waiting for emails.
I'm pretty sure you'll hear back today...
Sings *why are we waaaiiitttiiiinnnggg?!*
Just received an apology for delay and they hope to have results out in next 24 hours - Belfast post
Good luck everyone,

Just received an email:

Good Morning

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in issuing you with an outcome. We are working to issue the results as soon as possible and hope this will be within the next twenty four hours.

Please do bear with us and we will provide an update as soon as we are able.

Kind regards

HMRC Resourcing Support Team
Original post by YearningSoul
Good luck everyone,

Just received an email:

Good Morning

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in issuing you with an outcome. We are working to issue the results as soon as possible and hope this will be within the next twenty four hours.

Please do bear with us and we will provide an update as soon as we are able.

Kind regards

HMRC Resourcing Support Team

I haven't received that. Which location are you applying for?
Reply 492
I got that same email just after 10am
Reply 493
I received the same for belfast
Birmingham
Has anyone had the delayed email for Stratford yet?

I haven't received anything at all since they told everyone it would be the 17th/21st? Starting to worry the email isn't working or something!
I didn't get through for Belfast. My competencies were top notch- I've written so many and I'd say I have very strong written skills. I'm really shocked to be honest with you.
Original post by Eggs and Ham
I didn't get through for Belfast. My competencies were top notch- I've written so many and I'd say I have very strong written skills. I'm really shocked to be honest with you.

That really sucks. Did you just find out?
Still waiting on BELFAST but to be honest I'm not holding my breathe. This is my first time applying for hmrc and I rushed my competencies. My first one was good and related to identifying fraud but completely went wrong with 2nd competency so expecting rejection. Next time if there is one I'll nail it.
Original post by Eggs and Ham

They seem to be coming through in bits and drabs. This makes me even less hopeful of getting an interview.

Latest

Trending

Trending