The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
Has anyone heard back from Nomura?

Also does anyone know where I can find out graduate salaries for the various indicated programmes?

Thank you.

@Breakingbank has

Glassdoor, but the data is out of date for the most part. Banks don't typically publish compensation to the public.

Rough guide for most banks:

front office is £50k base + bonus
back office/middle office is ~£35-45k + small bonus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
@Breakingbank has

Glassdoor, but the data is out of date for the most part. Banks don't typically publish compensation to the public.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much, your help in this forum has been invaluable so far - I follow quite a bit.
Has anyone heard back from Nomura?

Also does anyone know where I can find out graduate salaries for the various indicated programmes?

Thank you.

Do you mean after the tests or after the phone interview? Because I applied for global markets and had a phone interview last Wednesday but haven't heard back yet...
@Breakingbank has

Posted from TSR Mobile

47 ~~K :s. hopefully i'll get the second offer and it will be a bit higher
with the pound being so low it makes you think twice honestly :frown:
Thank you very much, your help in this forum has been invaluable so far - I follow quite a bit.

I saw the attached on another thread about 6 months ago. Check Glassdoor as well.
Anyone got called by Point72? What is the call like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
Anyone got called by Point72? What is the call like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hr competency based only if u'r talking about the first one.
Original post by savonarollla
hr competency based only if u'r talking about the first one.

Thanks mate. They called you without warning, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you'd hope that with cable levelling out that the US banks would start upping the salaries eg $65k in us reflected to £60k in uk
Original post by jchap9776
you'd hope that with cable levelling out that the US banks would start upping the salaries eg $65k in us reflected to £60k in uk

hah, **** us.
I think there is no better time to be american than today and this is a very broad statement. i sure envy those guys.
Emerging markets have proved to be ****.
Europe is dying.
The aspirational fella only has the US to look up to but they are so strict on visas :frown:
hah, **** us.
I think there is no better time to be american than today and this is a very broad statement. i sure envy those guys.
Emerging markets have proved to be ****.
Europe is dying.
The aspirational fella only has the US to look up to but they are so strict on visas :frown:

lol,its so true

Internship wise yh, some are below 50, but I have yet to see a sub 50 full time offer for fo at a BB/EB/balance sheet bank.

Tbf, some banks pay out bonuses in USD so they might adjust that way

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Internship wise yh, some are below 50, but I have yet to see a sub 50 full time offer for fo at a BB/EB/balance sheet bank.

Tbf, some banks pay out bonuses in USD so they might adjust that way

Posted from TSR Mobile

The HR said that the 47k corresponds to the FT base. we're talking US BB here.
You're right about that but it only concerns Asso's & + who get paid in USD.
but they won't benefit from it, what will happen is that they will get converted at some average ******** rate of the moment.
but they won't benefit from it, what will happen is that they will get converted at some average ******** rate of the moment.

HR must be smoking something good then, because e.g. JPM paid 47k for interns but ft was 50.

How are you certain it's only Assocs & co that get paid in USD?

Tru, still good money for the UK tho tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HR must be smoking something good then, because e.g. JPM paid 47k for interns but ft was 50.

How are you certain it's only Assocs & co that get paid in USD?

Tru, still good money for the UK tho tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok well maybe there is this 3k diff for interns. why the **** tho' O.o

source: another forum with more senior folks.

good money for London tho' ? is this money you can save on ? buy a flat on ? :frown:

Pretty sure I know which bank this is and I was also told 47k

At the end of the day, 3k difference is really nothing considering you're still getting paid 47k upon graduation and it's still US BB so the career opportunities will help you increase salary in the long run - it could also be the case their sign on bonus is higher and bonus in general more favourable
(edited 7 years ago)
Just got an impromptu call from Evercore, anyone else? Wouldn't be surprised if I don't get the FtoF interview tbh
Reply 4657
Original post by olly_price
Just got an impromptu call from Evercore, anyone else? Wouldn't be surprised if I don't get the FtoF interview tbh

Info on the call? Was it someone from Dartmouth or Evercore themselves? And is this for summer of grad? Congrats btw
Reply 4658
Anyone had their first round with JPM FT Credit Risk?
Original post by Yhanna
Info on the call? Was it someone from Dartmouth or Evercore themselves? And is this for summer of grad? Congrats btw

I think an HR person from Evercore. Really easy mate just finding out about you and why you applied there. I was just in quite a bad mood so sounded quite boring I think and then when she asked why Evercore one of my 2 reasons was that it's a boutique so the hours are less than a BB hahahah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending