The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lol at people blaming Zlatan for smiling after the game....i mean sure we lost but it doesn't mean everyone should be miserable *****.

Just have to take it on the chin and move forward(it is a painful loss tho :frown: )!
RK's meltdown >>>
We are dead :frown: ... Can anyone really save us now. We are fast becoming the next AC Milan/Liverpool.
Original post by Fizzel
I don't see how he's relevant when he's broadly does a similar thing to Carrick who is barely getting a game. We don't need him anyway, not with Herrera playing in his current role.

If we're going to play a two man midfield, then we have to play someone who can properly take control of the game from midfield; Basti is the only guy in our squad who can actually do that. Some will say Carrick can too, but nah, he's someone who starts attacks rather than someone who makes the game his own.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also, Jones (regardless of his fitness) and Blind should be our starter CBs, Bailly to come back in for Jones when he's fit / not in Africa. Smalling 4th choice.
Original post by Lúcio
You mean the same Burnley that beat Liverpool and Everton, and would've held Arsenal if not for a controversial late winner?

Fortunately you're playing them at Old Trafford because they're exceptional at home.

That's why I wrote it gets "a bit easier" :wink:

Would rather play them than Liverpool, Chelsea and City.
Original post by sr90
To be honest I'd take Giggs. Accept we're not an elite club anymore, let him clear out all the **** and completely start over from scratch. I'd happily give someone a few years if he showed some identity or an idea of what he's working towards. Mourinho just looks like an old man trying to relive his youth.

There are plenty of young managers out there who have actually got experience, all Giggs has done is sit and watch a manager fail.

Original post by Rk2k14
De Gea is definitely going. Surrounded by utter ****.

Where? He can't force a move in Summer with two years left and there aren't a lot of top clubs in the market for a 'keeper/
The knee jerk in this thread is very amusing.

Jose just lost a game 4-0, against Chelsea as well? His ego is hurting.

There will be casualties and hopefully Fellaini is one.
Original post by zKlown

Is it knee-jerk though when you consider Mourinho has had a worse start than Moyes?
lol. United post-SAF are just the gift that keeps on giving..

Surely you just have to stick with mourinho now through thick or thin? I mean, you had moyes, but he did not have a good enough history to tide him over his settling in patch.. then you had LVG who had the history but was deemed past-it, and was canned as soon as he fell bellow expectations.. now you have a top manager with a great and recently good history, who before this season would easily have been in most peoples top5 managers in the world.. if not top2-3 for many.

Where do you go after this?

Honestly, for me - you need to stick with him for 3-4 seasons. Forget sacking the boss if you dont get top4 for a year.. just let a decent manager (which you have) see through a proper settling and transitional period..
#POGBOUT

New Striker
Martial Mata New RW
New CM Herrera
Shaw Bailly New CB New RB
Dave

Ridiculous how much work the starting 11 needs
Dirty anonymous in the thread when his boy fails to step up yet again...
Reply 4413
Original post by zKlown

Casualties are those who don't believe in mourinho.

At least you guys understand the ******** I had to go through last season under this fool.
Original post by swirly
#POGBOUT

New Striker
Martial Mata New RW
New CM Herrera
Shaw Bailly New CB New RB
Dave

Ridiculous how much work the starting 11 needs

Mkhitaryan is all I'm saying. He has all the potential to be just as good as Ozil (as a playmaker + scoring goals).
Original post by trapking
Mkhitaryan is all I'm saying. He has all the potential to be just as good as Ozil (as a playmaker + scoring goals).

Maybe. Maybe doesn't have enough pace to play on the wing in the PL though. But Pogba needs to go. He's like Fabregas, he may look good at times, but he's not good enough to start in a consistent title winning side. He could hide at Juve as they played a 352 and all he had to do was pass run around a bit and pass it to Pirlo.
Original post by trapking

How would you play Pogba and Mkhitaryan in the same team without giving up what little width we already have?
Original post by SCIENCE :D
How would you play Pogba and Mkhitaryan in the same team without giving up what little width we already have?

Effective communication.

Jose: 'Oi Mkhitaryan stay wide you puta'

Jose: 'Oi Paul track back you useless scunthorpe'

It's all in the communication pal.
Original post by swirly
Effective communication.

Jose: 'Oi Mkhitaryan stay wide you puta'

Jose: 'Oi Paul track back you useless scunthorpe'

It's all in the communication pal.

lol but is Mkhitaryan not much better when playing more centrally? I didn't really watch much of him at dortmund. Plus does this mean are front 4 would most likely be

Ibra
Martial/Rashford Mata Mkhitaryan

Would there be enough pace in that attack?
Original post by fallen_acorns

Honestly, for me - you need to stick with him for 3-4 seasons. Forget sacking the boss if you dont get top4 for a year.. just let a decent manager (which you have) see through a proper settling and transitional period..

I dont understand this attitiude at all. Managers should have an automatic right to be in charge, if they cant perform, tough ****, get lost. Thats not to say that managers should be sacked after any bad result but you bave to deliver on the obkectives set for you, just like any other employee.

We are what, 5 months into Mourinho's stewardship and what progress has been made? None. Does it look like progress is coming? No. Why should he keep his job if he cant do what was asked of him?

Compare that to Pep at City, Conte at Chelsea and Klopp's start at Liverpool. At all three clubs there have been teething problems but they have always looked like they are going somewhere, like the manager has a plan beyond scrapping a result each weekend. The players on the pitch look like they are learning and improving. The total opposite is true of Mouronho's United.

Is sacking Mourinho going to solve all the clubs problems, of course not, is keeping him in the job when he looks incapable of fulfilling going to help, definitely not. There are big systemic issues with how United is being run and until that changes the club is condemning itself tp decades of irrelevance.