The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering since I did Further Maths AS and dropped it this year, do I still need to enter the raw unit marks onto the SAQ?
Original post by pandasandpens
Just wondering since I did Further Maths AS and dropped it this year, do I still need to enter the raw unit marks onto the SAQ?

Wait - raw or UMS? If UMS then you MUST declare it! Raw marks (for reformed subjects only) do not need to be included.
Reply 62
Hi there,
I've already applied for emmanuel (they have slightly lower bmat weighting) - I am an eu student. Anyway, does anyone know why does each college use the bmat score differently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joannn
Hi there,
I've already applied for emmanuel (they have slightly lower bmat weighting) - I am an eu student. Anyway, does anyone know why does each college use the bmat score differently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't even know they did...where do you guys find this information? It's like gold.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by CutieTootsie
I didn't even know they did...where do you guys find this information? It's like gold.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1775130

Check this out, it's not official information but after talking to my friends at Cambridge I it's actually quite true

Posted from TSR Mobile
What colleges have you all applied to?? :biggrin:
Reply 66

Emmanuel :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jesus :smile: u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Queen's :biggrin:
Queen's :biggrin:

Awesome :smile: do you know when we will start hearing about interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I believe they can only give interviews after receiving everyone's BMAT score, so probably late november we will hear if we get an interview or not!
Awesome :smile: do you know when we will start hearing about interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lementation
I believe they can only give interviews after receiving everyone's BMAT score, so probably late november we will hear if we get an interview or not!

In previous years some applicants were invited to interview before the BMAT results came out (although I think this is because they are the strongest applicants on paper)

I saw this in a thread where guys like us were anxiously waiting for results, but a few got interviews before they found out how badly they did. Luck buggers 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you guys preparing for the interview?
Good evening, y'all,
as far as interview dates go, the exam board releases BMAT scores on Nov. 25th I believe, and they usually do interviews between 5th and 12th of December. I think that would be prudent to keep early December free just in case you get called in at short notice.

On another note, Jesus Christ, reading all of your grades makes me think that I'm a madman for even applying!

With love, Z
Original post by AZS_06783
Good evening, y'all,
as far as interview dates go, the exam board releases BMAT scores on Nov. 25th I believe, and they usually do interviews between 5th and 12th of December. I think that would be prudent to keep early December free just in case you get called in at short notice.

On another note, Jesus Christ, reading all of your grades makes me think that I'm a madman for even applying!

With love, Z

Hey!! I believe universities get it earlier than us - 23rd I think! I think interviews depend on the college too- Clare have said 5-9 December.

About your final point-
A) I'm sure your grades are fab
B) TSR is notorious for having students with disproportionately high grades/stats! Self belief is so important (I feel like a hypocrite because I know this yet worry myself about the very same issue!)

X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by I can do this
Hey!! I believe universities get it earlier than us - 23rd I think! I think interviews depend on the college too- Clare have said 5-9 December.

About your final point-
A) I'm sure your grades are fab
B) TSR is notorious for having students with disproportionately high grades/stats! Self belief is so important (I feel like a hypocrite because I know this yet worry myself about the very same issue!)

X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally me, everyone has such amazing stats on this thread especially UMS and I just feel mediocre In comparison, Going to try and remain positive
Original post by isabella1999
Literally me, everyone has such amazing stats on this thread especially UMS and I just feel mediocre In comparison, Going to try and remain positive

SAME! :biggrin:
Hi guys, I got 12 A*s at GCSE, predicted 3A*s (Maths, Chemistry and Biology) and my average UMS for my Maths AS is 90 do you think I stand a chance of getting in? The person doing all the Medicine admissions at my school said I shouldn't have applied cause they want 95 UMS minimum so idk :s-smilie:
Reply 78
Original post by cutekitten2017
Hi guys, I got 12 A*s at GCSE, predicted 3A*s (Maths, Chemistry and Biology) and my average UMS for my Maths AS is 90 do you think I stand a chance of getting in? The person doing all the Medicine admissions at my school said I shouldn't have applied cause they want 95 UMS minimum so idk :s-smilie:

Your stats are brilliant. Honestly, they're very good. Maybe Oxford would have been a better choice, due to their GCSE weighting. But, it all depends on your BMAT performance - perform well in that and in my opinion, it's very likely you'll get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kozmo
Your stats are brilliant. Honestly, they're very good. Maybe Oxford would have been a better choice, due to their GCSE weighting. But, it all depends on your BMAT performance - perform well in that and in my opinion, it's very likely you'll get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so lol! I'm actually failing the BMAT rn so I need to do some more revision I guess! Which college are you applying to? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending