The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Its amazing how many fans have turned against Smalling after a bad performance. He was immense last season and deserves to start especially as now Bailey is out.

In the PL now we have games against so called "lesser teams", the only hard games are Arsenal and Spurs at Home and possibly Everton. So if we get our act together and win against the lesser teams we will have 23 more points, with anything in the hard games counting as a bonus. Then we'd have 37 points which is Top 4 standard depending on how other teams perform. I'm not saying we will win all those games but am saying that a good run of form renders results like yesterday meaningless.
Original post by Diego Costa
There are plenty of young managers out there who have actually got experience, all Giggs has done is sit and watch a manager fail.

Where? He can't force a move in Summer with two years left and there aren't a lot of top clubs in the market for a 'keeper/

Was referring to the fact that he's one of the best keepers in the world but for multiple seasons he's been been carrying a team full of passengers who are more concerned with the pay check.
love that city are on a 5 game streak without a win, equalling peps worst ever streak.. and yet your such good neighbors that youd take the heat off them by being an even bigger **** show
Original post by Rk2k14
Was referring to the fact that he's one of the best keepers in the world but for multiple seasons he's been been carrying a team full of passengers who are more concerned with the pay check.

You said he was definitely going, Based on the previous performance De Gea deserves some flak for the first goal too.
You said he was definitely going, Based on the previous performance De Gea deserves some flak for the first goal too.

Yeah RK's just gunna RK I guess, he posts to get a reaction rather than trying to make sense

I think we can get a few mistakes slide for 3 unbelievable seasons.

Do see him leaving for Madrid, especially if we don't get top 4.

Edit: Stick to Youtube videos pal.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
I think we can get a few mistakes slide for 3 seasons of GOATness.

Given the timing it seemed you were basing it on this performance, during which he was also poor.

The earliest De Gea could leave for Madrid is January 2018 and it's not unfeasible Man Utd improve in the half season between then and not getting top four. Mourinho sides always have outstanding second seasons.

Also, Keylor Navas has been Real's best player in the previous two seasons and Zidane wisely decided to back him last Summer which is why he didn't move there and De Gea was suddenly happy to stay at Man Utd.
Given the timing it seemed you were basing it on this performance, during which he was also poor.

The earliest De Gea could leave for Madrid is January 2018 and it's not unfeasible Man Utd improve in the half season between then and not getting top four. Mourinho sides always have outstanding second seasons.

Also, Keylor Navas has been Real's best player in the previous two seasons and Zidane wisely decided to back him last Summer which is why he didn't move there and De Gea was suddenly happy to stay at Man Utd.

Top 4 looks like it will be the closest ever given how fair few teams have done well.

Thats never stopped Madrid from going for a Galactico.
Original post by Rk2k14
I think we can get a few mistakes slide for 3 unbelievable seasons.

3rd time lucky? :colondollar:
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Its amazing how many fans have turned against Smalling after a bad performance. He was immense last season and deserves to start especially as now Bailey is out.

In the PL now we have games against so called "lesser teams", the only hard games are Arsenal and Spurs at Home and possibly Everton. So if we get our act together and win against the lesser teams we will have 23 more points, with anything in the hard games counting as a bonus. Then we'd have 37 points which is Top 4 standard depending on how other teams perform. I'm not saying we will win all those games but am saying that a good run of form renders results like yesterday meaningless.

I've never liked Smalling. Maybe it's his voice. There I said it.

Original post by Dirtybit
3rd time lucky? :colondollar:

I think its time to cut our losses with Pogba, and sell him in January to whichever Prem club will take him and hope we can recoup circa £25m. Thoughts
Original post by Kenan and Kel

I think its time to cut our losses with Pogba, and sell him in January to whichever Prem club will take him and hope we can recoup circa £25m. Thoughts

But Pogba's a top CM.

Madrid are idiots for not splashing the cash on him.
Original post by Rk2k14
But Pogba's a top CM.

Madrid are idiots for not splashing the cash on him.

Perez will never spend big money on a black player. The man is racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine thinking any other PL club would spend £25m on a midfielder who legit has less influence on a game than Charlie Adam.
Original post by swirly
Imagine thinking any other PL club would spend £25m on a midfielder who legit has less influence on a game than Charlie Adam.

Charlie Adam's left foot alone is worth £25m tbf

Imagine thinking this Pogba slander will get to me, Jesus Christ I'm not his dad :rofl:
Lets be honest though, Smalling was never good. He had a good season but he will never be a United standard player.

Form is temporary, class is forever.
Original post by Dirtybit
Imagine thinking this Pogba slander will get to me, Jesus Christ I'm not his dad :rofl:

What about this team.
De Gea
Valencia Bailly Blind Shaw
Herrera Carrick
Mkhitaryan Pogba
Rashford Ibra
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477327220.722769.jpg

I know it's formatting but the thought of Shaw doing a Gandalf down the right side made me laugh :biggrin:
Why is Pogba still playing as a no10?

Latest