The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by mehtj006
I'm doing business maths and stats. Got my 8 week just now. Let's see what happens.

Is the 8 week email from the acknowledgement stage or the initial review stage?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
I got my initial assessment mail a minute ago :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

which course bro? I still haven't received mine ;/
Original post by Nl1998

I second this @mehtj006 please tag me in the reply. cheers
Original post by Nl1998

Well,
First i got acknowlegement on 11th
Intial review on 15th
8 week email today.

So If that's answers your question.

Im applying already completed my a-levels acheiving A*AB in economics,maths,FM. Retaking one maths exam in 2017.
Reply 364
Well,
First i got acknowlegement on 11th
Intial review on 15th
8 week email today.

So If that's answers your question.

Im applying already completed my a-levels acheiving A*AB in economics,maths,FM. Retaking one maths exam in 2017.

What does the 8 week email say? I'm presuming you've got to the second stage
Reply 365
I got my initial assessment email like 2-3 hours ago. I'm applying for Maths AND Econ. Poor GCSE's with 4 A*'s 3 A's 1 B and 3 C's but I'm Predicted A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Economics (achieved AAAA at AS, History being my 4th subject).
I am applying for bsc finance but I have taken physics,chemistry,math,english and computer science in my 12th grade(you can compare that to your A levels). I am an international applicant from India. But i had economics in my 10th grade (so called GCSE) and I scored 95% (an A*). Will I be having disadvantage because I have taken computer science in 12th grade ?😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NoahMal
which course bro? I still haven't received mine ;/

Bsc finance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nl1998
What does the 8 week email say? I'm presuming you've got to the second stage

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This may take up to eight weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

That's the main chunk of the reply.
Reply 369
The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This may take up to eight weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next.

That's the main chunk of the reply.

Nice. Good luck!
Reply 370
When is the earliest you can receive an offer?
I applied on the 7th and still only have the acknowledgment email :s-smilie:
Reply 372
Same~
There are people getting early offers from Warwick so just wondering if anyone get early ones from LSE
Reply 373
Having received my acknowledgement email (confirming the application has been received) on the 18th, what should I be expecting next and when? (BSc Economics)
Original post by christy98
Same! Applied 13/10, received mine a few minutes ago :smile:

Yep same, I applied same date as you too :smile:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of applying to do International relations and history at LSE. I got AAC in maths, econ and further maths last year. but i'm retaking two modules for further maths to get the A i was predicted and am taking my AS history to A2 this year and am predicted an A.

since the entry requirements are AAA, should i bother applying?

PS i got in to UCL to do econ last year but messed up my grades :frown:
Can anyone chance me

Applying for Bsc Management

IGCSE: 6A*1A 1B

AS-level: AAAA (Math, bio, phy, chem)

A-level(predicted): A*A*A*A*

Now most people would say i have an amazing chance BUT, my personal statement is mainly about my passion for engineering(cause i have applied for engineering at my other choices. I have done my best to try to integrate business and management into my PS? Do you guys i have a chance. This was like my 5th choice
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
When it asks "Have you completed and been awarded a grade for any AS level subjects other than Maths?" by Maths they mean Further Maths as well right?

Yes, you need to mention the UMS marks for both Maths and Further Maths if you are applying for Economics.

Original post by Alexwwg
Regarding the questionnaire, if I did some of the A2 Mathematics modules in year 12 but I will resit it in June as well. Do I put those ums in? Or do I just leave it black?

Original post by BECK!!
No just the acknowledgement one so far Do u or anyone know whether I have to put grades in for exams that haven't been cashed in or I will retake?

Yes, you must even if you are retaking! You should right your current marks in UCAS and then also write the same module again and put the grade as "pending". This will show them that you achieved a certain grade, but you are retaking it.
If they find that you have hided a certain grade, it will not look good at all and they "might" even reject you.

About the not cashed in grades, do you mean the linear subjects which don't have AS anymore? If it is the linear grades, then I think they said you do not have to mention it, but your teachers can do in their reference. (I do not know much about the new syllabuses in A-Levels, since I already achieved my grades, so I can't help you much on that area, if thats what you were asking about) :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KingYusHalo
Can anyone chance me

Applying for Bsc Management

IGCSE: 6A*1A 1B

AS-level: AAAA (Math, bio, phy, chem)

A-level(predicted): A*A*A*A*

Now most people would say i have an amazing chance BUT, my personal statement is mainly about my passion for engineering(cause i have applied for engineering at my other choices. I have done my best to try to integrate business and management into my PS? Do you guys i have a chance. This was like my 5th choice

Your grades seem fine. LSE is picky on PS, so you that will disadvantage you. However, since Management is not very competitive relative to their other courses, you might still have a chance if your grades outshine the non-related PS compared to this year's Management applicants. :biggrin:

In general it is a bad idea to apply to a course which is not related to your other choices, since your PS will usually not look very good or suitable.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DziNe
Having received my acknowledgement email (confirming the application has been received) on the 18th, what should I be expecting next and when? (BSc Economics)

You should get a link to fill in a form about your Maths and Further Maths UMS and the grades in your other subjects in AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending