The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Received an Interview Invitation for Electronic and Information Engineering! :smile: - Anyone else receive interview invitations for EEE or EIE?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
anyone heard about mechanical?
Anyone here preferring Imperial to Oxbridge?
Original post by oShahpo

thats what people who dont get into oxbridge say
imo for physics
camb > imperial > oxf

if you would like to do a natural science course then yeah go for camb. if you love physics and hate chem come to icl :wink:

btw, imperial is amazing since it is super international and people actually give a **** about your personality here. so they don't judge only your maths on the interviews, they also judge your social aspects, which is great bc how will you do research without being able to talk to people
Original post by KloppOClock

Not really. I didn't even bother applying for Oxbridge because imperials aero course was clearly superior in my opinion. It's not about the uni, but the course.

Not entirely true, no one is unsuccessful at this stage. It's just their opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by oShahpo

You know, I really have no clue!! Both are really good and I think anyone who gets into either has done well

Course: Computer Science

GCSEs: 5A* 6A and 1B

AS: A, A, B (Maths, F. Maths and classics - I barely got a B in classics lol)

A2 Predicted: A*A*A* (Maths, F. Maths and Physics)

Just got an email saying I am invited for an interview on the 2nd of November...... I really need to prepare lol.. anyone else got the same day?

Also, what are you wearing, how are you preparing?
(edited 7 years ago)

That's the kind of logic that can prevent you from getting into either
Reply 370
Original post by ArafatQ

Just got an email saying I am invited for an interview on the 2nd of November...... I really need to prepare lol.. anyone else got the same day?

Still waiting for an interview for Computing, hoping I get one soon :tongue:
I would wear smart casual and prepare by looking over your personal statement or explaining to someone who doesn't know anything about maths a difficult maths question so they somewhat understand it :biggrin:
Original post by ArafatQ

Sorry I know this doesn't answer your question, but when did you apply? xD
Original post by Logic938
Received an Interview Invitation for Electronic and Information Engineering! :smile: - Anyone else receive interview invitations for EEE or EIE?

What grades did you get?
Just joining in!

Course: Civil engineering MEng
GCSEs: 11A* 1A
AS (achieved): AA (Maths, French)
A2 (predicted): A*AAA (French, Maths, Physics, English Lit)

For my A2 predicted grades (for maths and physics), my teachers and I decided on not setting it to an A* as we agreed that it would be more realistic than setting the goal too high. Was this a good idea? I'm a little worried that this has hindered my chances of getting in.
Original post by BeatrizEstrada
imo for physics
camb > imperial > oxf

if you would like to do a natural science course then yeah go for camb. if you love physics and hate chem come to icl :wink:

btw, imperial is amazing since it is super international and people actually give a **** about your personality here. so they don't judge only your maths on the interviews, they also judge your social aspects, which is great bc how will you do research without being able to talk to people

They don't judge your social aspects in the interview, I am afraid to say. They judge your maths, physics and your willingness (further reading and stuff). I was as awkward as a scared mongoose in my interview and it didn't seem to have any negative impact at all.

(having applied last year).

I already have high enough grades to guarantee an offer from Sidney Sussex (as they place more emphasis on grades than any of the other colleges), yet I didn't bother applying and decided to stick with Imperial.
While Imperial is a damn lot uglier than Cambridge, and I mean A LOT uglier, it has a professional feel that you don't feel anywhere else. Also, there aren't any decent classical music venues in Cambridge.
Original post by oShahpo
I already have high enough grades to guarantee an offer from Sidney Sussex (as they place more emphasis on grades than any of the other colleges), yet I didn't bother applying and decided to stick with Imperial.
While Imperial is a damn lot uglier than Cambridge, and I mean A LOT uglier, it has a professional feel that you don't feel anywhere else. Also, there aren't any decent classical music venues in Cambridge.

i wasnt being serious btw
i wasnt being serious btw

Regardless, I think it's a common misconception that Oxbridge overpower any other university in the UK. I mean, they aesthetically do, but other than that, for physics, Imperial's physics > NatSci at Cambridge (but Cambridge's Maths with Physics > Imperial's physics, but you have to take the STEP exam).
Mechanical engineering interviews?
Original post by metrize
Mechanical engineering interviews?

Nope wby

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending