The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yhanna
Info on the call? Was it someone from Dartmouth or Evercore themselves? And is this for summer of grad? Congrats btw

And summer
Original post by olly_price
I think an HR person from Evercore. Really easy mate just finding out about you and why you applied there. I was just in quite a bad mood so sounded quite boring I think and then when she asked why Evercore one of my 2 reasons was that it's a boutique so the hours are less than a BB hahahah.

less hours, lol, what was your second reason then?
Reply 4662
I think an HR person from Evercore. Really easy mate just finding out about you and why you applied there. I was just in quite a bad mood so sounded quite boring I think and then when she asked why Evercore one of my 2 reasons was that it's a boutique so the hours are less than a BB hahahah.

Ahahahaha nice one. I'm pretty sure the hours at Evercore are longer than at BBs btw, but I might be totally wrong. Best of luck with the rest of the process mate
Original post by torres657
less hours, lol, what was your second reason then?

Hahaha, and the other reason was that I worked for a company that Evercore led a merger for and the company in question spoke pretty admirably about Evercore's process, efficiency and professionalism during the process.
Original post by Yhanna
Ahahahaha nice one. I'm pretty sure the hours at Evercore are longer than at BBs btw, but I might be totally wrong. Best of luck with the rest of the process mate

Haha yeah maybe they are. I did some time with Canaccord (also a boutique of similar size I believe) and everyone there kept going on about how boutiques are better to work for that BBs because you get weekends off but perhaps Evercore is different. Tbh I think I can write off this application because of that response alone hahaha.
Original post by Yhanna

Maybe they'll put through for honesty haha let's face it - anyone who says they're interested enough in banking to want to work weekends is either lying or a straight up weirdo
Just got an impromptu call from Evercore, anyone else? Wouldn't be surprised if I don't get the FtoF interview tbh

Was this a random call after you submitted your application?
Original post by katherine.l1995
Was this a random call after you submitted your application?

This was a random call about a month after my application submission.
would applying to more than 1 division at MS affect the chances of either of my applications?
Original post by wasteman shoes
would applying to more than 1 division at MS affect the chances of either of my applications?

nope actually
How long do MS take to get back to you after completing the online test?
Does anyone know after how long Citi respond to 1st round interviews?
Passed RBC interview :smile: "Under consideration" for AC now, fingers crossed!
Original post by AenigmaFx
Passed RBC interview :smile: "Under consideration" for AC now, fingers crossed!

confusing fkin email. does it mean you are going to get an AC or no?
Congratulations, what division? Can you say more about the interview?

But if you passed it you surely made it to AC?
Original post by volatilityskew2

I hope so lol. I think a lot of people have had this email and have heard back for an AC on 3rd nov. I got this email after passing their online tests too. Did you get this email?

Original post by kimaaan
Congratulations, what division? Can you say more about the interview?

But if you passed it you surely made it to AC?

I've said everything I could tell you about the interview in the PM, there really isnt much more to it. Just remember they are trying to judge your fit for the company not whether you are a super genius. But on the latter, that's what I'm hoping for, when I called they said my progression to next stage depends on how my interview went, so if I passed surely I've made it through heh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by volatilityskew2

I got this email about a week ago now and still no news. Had my first round two weeks ago.

I think they might be waiting to see if people from their last AC accept their offers or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gsbs2
sometimes days, sometimes mass rejection after 4 months

Took around a month/just over a month for me.
Original post by Commercial Paper
I got this email about a week ago now and still no news. Had my first round two weeks ago.

I think they might be waiting to see if people from their last AC accept their offers or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, hopefully still in the running!

Loooooooooooooool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending