The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspoonfulofsoph1
When do the universities get given everyone's UKCAT scores?

In the first week of November
Did anyone else who applied to UCL get an email asking for additional information on their work experience?
Can anyone tell me if any medicine unis would consider my application if i switched from imperial to that uni today? Or is the 15th deadline really strict for all of them
Original post by NuclearFallout
Can anyone tell me if any medicine unis would consider my application if i switched from imperial to that uni today? Or is the 15th deadline really strict for all of them

The deadline is pretty strict. Had you submitted your application before the 15th, you would still have been able to switch through track but I think it's too late.

Sorry, but yesterday would've been the last day you can switch, that is if you applied exactly on 15th. If you applied earlier than last date to change would be a week after that date.
Original post by Mo_elheramy
Sorry, but yesterday would've been the last day you can switch, that is if you applied exactly on 15th. If you applied earlier than last date to change would be a week after that date.

I applied the 13th, the site said I had a week to change choices on the site myself and then I would have to phone them for another week after that if I wanted to change. The woman I spoke to said I had till the 26th to phone up and change but i don't know if the uni itself will consider my application if its late, if you get what I mean
Original post by ASTK98
What I said is true for the majority of Unis as far as I know. Only a couple of Med schools hand out interviews in December, the rest hold interviews from January onwards. Which med school interviewed you in November lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know Manchester interview that early - somebody on my Access course last year got an offer from Manchester in December - but you are correct, the majority of med schools take their time
I applied the 13th, the site said I had a week to change choices on the site myself and then I would have to phone them for another week after that if I wanted to change. The woman I spoke to said I had till the 26th to phone up and change but i don't know if the uni itself will consider my application if its late, if you get what I mean

Yeah I understand, but I would play it safe and not change if I were you. Good luck!
Original post by Sniperdon227
Yeah me I've applied to Liv and Plymouth Dentistry as a gap year student

Js I got an acknowledgment email from Plymouth today and they said we will find out about interviews by December the latest

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I tried to do this too but I rang the uni I wanted to change to and they said they would consider my application to be late so I would suggest you don't try changing your choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Js I got an acknowledgment email from Plymouth today and they said we will find out about interviews by December the latest

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did not get this email. Maybe Dentistry is different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by CutieTootsie
I did not get this email. Maybe Dentistry is different?

They're probably sending the email out in batches dw you'll get it soon ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477322812.402482.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
They're probably sending the email out in batches dw you'll get it soon ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477322812.402482.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool! Do you reckon Medics and dentists get taught some of the same lectures in the first year then? That's quite cool! Imagine if we both got in 😝 typical "I met you on tsr" story

Original post by CutieTootsie
Oh cool! Do you reckon Medics and dentists get taught some of the same lectures in the first year then? That's quite cool! Imagine if we both got in 😝 typical "I met you on tsr" story

Maybe! Aww it would be well cute 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hamza_33
Does anyone think an average of 697 is low? It's borderline 700 seeing as I was 2090 overall.

not low mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7655
will King's College give me an interview with 645 and band 3 in ukcat???????? kinda worried
I just applied because I loved the open day and it is like my dream uni. My other choices are realistic though like UEA, Barts and UCL(BMAT).
I got 8A* 3A 2B - B in english language
AAAB Maths, Bio, Chem I got A and then B in Economics
I am carrying on all four A levels
Predicted A*A*AB
Predicted A in EPQ

My personal statement is really good according to my teachers
Original post by 11...
will King's College give me an interview with 645 and band 3 in ukcat???????? kinda worried
I just applied because I loved the open day and it is like my dream uni. My other choices are realistic though like UEA, Barts and UCL(BMAT).
I got 8A* 3A 2B - B in english language
AAAB Maths, Bio, Chem I got A and then B in Economics
I am carrying on all four A levels
Predicted A*A*AB
Predicted A in EPQ

My personal statement is really good according to my teachers

I don't think kings is the best choice with a Band 3, as they said they rarely give interviews to Band 3 candidates. Good luck though!
not sure if this is new information, but I thought I would share it:

I talked to Barts today (medicine) and they confirmed that they will not contact applicants regarding their interview before January.
At the same time they also said that they may start letting applicants know in December if they have been rejected.
Original post by ArtScience

I talked to Barts today (medicine) and they confirmed that they will not contact applicants regarding their interview before January.
At the same time they also said that they may start letting applicants know in December if they have been rejected.

i saw ur old post... u have a 1st with 687 UKCAT?

good chance for Barts...last year they interviews 660 with 1st classes xx
Original post by ArtScience

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending