The Student Room Group

Numeracy WJEC

Who's sitting the WJEC numeracy exam next week? Any thoughts? Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Yep I am. I have no idea what the exam will look like - have your teachers got much of an idea? According to mine, the grade boundaries should be fairly low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by JacobPowell
Yep I am. I have no idea what the exam will look like - have your teachers got much of an idea? According to mine, the grade boundaries should be fairly low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The grade boundaries will be lower because it is a new paper for everyone.
WJEC have released some example papers for it. The link I provided wouldn't work for some reason.
(edited 7 years ago)
Our school has been a bit nervous about the whole thing, what with it being completely new. I really do hope the boundaries are low. Are you guys both sitting higher tier? How did you find the specimen papers?
Reply 4
Original post by PixelatedOwl
Our school has been a bit nervous about the whole thing, what with it being completely new. I really do hope the boundaries are low. Are you guys both sitting higher tier? How did you find the specimen papers?

Yeah I'm sitting higher, are you too? I did a few of the specimen papers in school and plan to do all of them today. I'll tell you what I think. Also how much revision are you both doing?
Original post by Abusive
Yeah I'm sitting higher, are you too? I did a few of the specimen papers in school and plan to do all of them today. I'll tell you what I think. Also how much revision are you both doing?

Yep, doing higher. I can't revise much because I'm not entirely sure how to revise? I've done the only specimen papers and I've already sat my maths GCSE last summer through fast track, so I've done all the regular maths past papers. Run out of things to do!
Reply 6
Yep, doing higher. I can't revise much because I'm not entirely sure how to revise? I've done the only specimen papers and I've already sat my maths GCSE last summer through fast track, so I've done all the regular maths past papers. Run out of things to do!

Just redo the papers. That's what I've started doing. How did your maths go last year?
Original post by Abusive
Just redo the papers. That's what I've started doing. How did your maths go last year?

Really well, I had an A* with 199/200, but my issue with the numeracy is that sometimes I don't get what the question is asking. It's not clear.
Reply 8
Really well, I had an A* with 199/200, but my issue with the numeracy is that sometimes I don't get what the question is asking. It's not clear.

That's terrible only 199? Just kidding, great job. Good luck with your numeracy too. I get what you mean about it not being clear as well, sometimes they can be confusing :smile:
Original post by Abusive
That's terrible only 199? Just kidding, great job. Good luck with your numeracy too. I get what you mean about it not being clear as well, sometimes they can be confusing :smile:

Thanks :smile: yeah, I know, I really slacked xD good luck to you as well. May the boundaries be ever in our favour...
Bump
Um what exactly is numeracy GCSE? I have never heard of it
Original post by RedSquirrels
Um what exactly is numeracy GCSE? I have never heard of it

Basically just normal mathematics but without the pure things (e.g. Circle theorems).

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find it?
How did everyone find it?

Awful! Ugh i did intermediate and I think I messed it up a bit!
Really nervous I won't even get a C :frown:
I'm worried about the higher paper I sat. I think I did ok.....
Original post by CresentHan
Awful! Ugh i did intermediate and I think I messed it up a bit!
Really nervous I won't even get a C :frown:

I'm sure it wasn't that bad, what did you find tricky?
Original post by MastInvincible
I'm worried about the higher paper I sat. I think I did ok.....

Want to compare answers?
I'm sure it wasn't that bad, what did you find tricky?

The Loci one, the graphs ugh i was stuck on the wardrobe one too!
Did any one sit higher tier today??? I though the higher tier exam was really difficull. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest