The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yukicookie
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the one that got that email. I applied for the Gateway programme though, so that's probably why you haven't got it.

ohhh fair enough
[QUOTE=Miloinmyblood;68078128]Hey man, we've got a pretty similar taste in our universities!! Mine are:

Bristol
Manchester
Sheffield
Aberdeen (Instead of Dundee for me

All the best in your application :smile: Do you mind me asking your stats?

Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome. I'll dm you 🤓
Original post by swopnil
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/applicants/interviews-visits/interviews/medicine/

We all know what you're going through. But don't worry too much cutie! :smile:

Thank you , do you know roughly how long before interview dates they actually let you know if you've got one?
Original post by Boo_Ayres13
Thank you , do you know roughly how long before interview dates they actually let you know if you've got one?

I was told I had an interview invitation in late December and was asked to select one of the dates in February -- so more than a month.

But I have a feeling Bristol are going to do it slightly differently this year tho. The website tells that you will hear within 2 weeks of your interview about your outcome this year but last year most people had to wait until April to hear back.
Has anyone here done the Access to Bristol course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by swopnil
....but last year most people had to wait until April to hear back.

This isnt actually true. Most people were told Yes/No about 3 weeks after their interview last year, but a few people with borderline scores were instead kept on hold until April before a final decision was made.
Original post by returnmigrant
This isnt actually true. Most people were told Yes/No about 3 weeks after their interview last year, but a few people with borderline scores were instead kept on hold until April before a final decision was made.

Oh really? I thought only the top and bottom 20% were given offer/rejection immediately. While the rest us had to wait until everyone else was interviewed and ranked.
Original post by swopnil
Oh really? I thought only the top and bottom 20% were given offer/rejection immediately. While the rest us had to wait until everyone else was interviewed and ranked.

'I thought'..... ummm.
Original post by returnmigrant
'I thought'..... ummm.

What do you mean?

edit: pretty sure that's what I was told by them before my interview too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just received an email from Bristol! Did you guys receive it too?

It said that they have begun assessing your application and are awaiting UKCAT results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup, got mine about 2 weeks ago :smile:
Original post by Miloinmyblood

It said that they have begun assessing your application and are awaiting UKCAT results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

HAve not got this email, should I be worried? 😂
Original post by Emir Imran
Yup, got mine about 2 weeks ago :smile:

When did you submit your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 173

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish the UKCAT folks would send the results quicker... it's holding back our process haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
When did you submit your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that wasn't directed to me, but I submitted on 10/10 and received that email only about an hour ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got that email a week ago. Submitted my application at the end of September. It made me worried that I had not linked UKCAT to UCAS on the UKCAT website but I had. I actually rang them but they said email had been sent to folk by mistake - weird I thought.
When will Bristol start giving out interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Once they have processed the first phase of UKCAT results ........
Reply 178
Last year today, some people heard back from Bristol: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3637779&page=4

If only UKCAT would send their results a little quicker... maybe some of us will start hearing back starting next week.
Original post by rayrk
Last year today, some people heard back from Bristol: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3637779&page=4

Last year Bristol didn't use UKCAT.

Quick Reply

Latest