The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

I was shocked that the Jags were able to come back for that win
Reply 2561
Have fun tomorrow if you're going. I just hope both offenses manage to function enough for it to be an entertaining game. Unfortunately I have my doubts. You do get Craig David UK garage revolutionary pre-game though and Nicole Scherzinger is doing the Star Spangled Banner so you have the best music of any International Series game.
If we lose to the 9ers today, which I'm sure we will find a way to do, I'm out of here!
Reply 2563
Michael Crabtree being a good receiver again disgusts me as much as the Jags passing O having such struggles against the 32 ranked pass defence in the league. This O-Line are nearly Colts bad, it makes my brain hurt.

Malik Jackson makes himself the first person ejected for the 2x unsportsmanlike conduct penalty I think. This team only wins when it's opponent is trying harder to lose. BURN IT DOWN!

This officiating crew should also never see another down in the NFL, they've been as bad as the Jags today. I think there has been 25 penalties across the game, some of them dodgy they've also missed some easy calls. This has been an absolute disgrace by pretty much everyone involved not named Carr or Crabtree.

Jalen Ramsey ejected and you know what, it's not even a bad thing. I like that despite the game being dead as a door nail he's still a pissed off competitor. The Jags need a new QB that actually works doing orthodox NFL QB things because he's just not enough at that stuff.

The all time penalties record still stands but the penalty yards this season record is broken with 239. Previous was 230 last week with the same *****y officiating crew.
(edited 7 years ago)
Rather pleased with how my Jets did last night, missed the game driving back from London though, can't have it both ways.
Reply 2565
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Rather pleased with how my Jets did last night, missed the game driving back from London though, can't have it both ways.

The Jets could realistically be a wildcard this year. AFC in general is a shitshow.
Original post by Wattsy
The Jets could realistically be a wildcard this year. AFC in general is a shitshow.

Massive long shot, we've got at least two sure fire defeats to go. I'd seriously take 8-8 this season.

It'd be typical Jets to lose to the Browns next week.
Reply 2567
Massive long shot, we've got at least two sure fire defeats to go. I'd seriously take 8-8 this season.

It'd be typical Jets to lose to the Browns next week.

Well I'd take a coach firing and maybe a 1st round QB right now for the Jags so it could always be worse! It could even be worse than the Jags, you could be a Browns fan. I honestly don't know if they win at all this season. Their schedule is pretty unkind and they have one good player healthy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
Well I'd take a coach firing and maybe a 1st round QB right now for the Jags so it could always be worse! It could even be worse than the Jags, you could be a Browns fan. I honestly don't know if they win at all this season. Their schedule is pretty unkind and they have one good player healthy.

You had to make me feel bad for being disappointed the Vikings dropped to 5-1 this week.
Any Seahawk fans here?
Original post by Wattsy

I'd actually tipped the Jags to win AFC South this season, shame as I quite like them :frown:
Reply 2571
I'd actually tipped the Jags to win AFC South this season, shame as I quite like them :frown:

So did I. It's the Texans to lose now I think. Everyone else is flat out bad. I like the Jags a lot but the coaching staff needs some more hair specifically of the head variety. I don't really understand how an explosive offense can entirely fall off the horse. I think it's poor play calling combined with poor QB play which obviously lend themselves to each other like Vontaze Burfict and dirty play.
(edited 7 years ago)
From my 8 picks to win their division 4 are top and the other 4 are 2nd.
I think the Jets pretty much accepted this year would be a down year. They were in a bad spot because they had a bad QB, beloved by the locker room, and nobody credible enough to replace him and placate everyone. So they had to pay him and start him or risk losing the team entirely and having to rebuild with a new coach. That's my theory at least. Anyone could tell from Fitz's time in free agency that 1. the Jets didn't rate him and 2. neither did anybody else. Adding the fact that their actual QB of the future was almost certainly a project, not ready to step in in a situation like this, and they had a pretty ridiculous schedule, at least to start the year.

It really would take a miracle I think. The Jets are beaten up, and I think all four AFCW teams have looked better than them. And all three AFCN teams have a better chance to finish strong on account of their franchise players at key positions. In fact, the same pretty much goes for the Bills. Obviously the AFCS is trash, but as the Jets found out last year, you can't make the playoffs just by being better than the AFCS.
And that's just talking about going forward, it ignores the fact that they already have five losses! Sorry but you are tripping if you think a 2-5 team with a bad QB and an average gameday roster has any chance of making the playoffs. This is the kind of optimism that makes you think the Jags will be good this year just because they are 10x defending Bleacher Report draft grade champions.
Reply 2575
Original post by SmashConcept
And that's just talking about going forward, it ignores the fact that they already have five losses! Sorry but you are tripping if you think a 2-5 team with a bad QB and an average gameday roster has any chance of making the playoffs. This is the kind of optimism that makes you think the Jags will be good this year just because they are 10x defending Bleacher Report draft grade champions.

If they make the playoffs it will be as much about the state of the AFC as them getting hot in the home stretch. I'm not saying it's a big chance but they have a slim one and I'm not alone in that view.

The Jags were really supposed to be good this year, it was pretty mainstream view that they could challenge in the particularly weak AFC South. Just look at the talent level on the team, a regressing QB and coaches that can't win have really stalled their season but they still have great players and, this season unlike last season, they have them on both sides of the ball. The offense is just dysfunctionally bad right now.
Original post by ..DT..
If we lose to the 9ers today, which I'm sure we will find a way to do, I'm out of here!

You needn't have worried, we're trail blazing a path to 1-15 glory, full steam ahead with the brakes removed :lol:
Original post by MrDystopia
You needn't have worried, we're trail blazing a path to 1-15 glory, full steam ahead with the brakes removed :lol:

at 14-0 after 5 mins I was on edge of a breakdown. We start so so so slow. Thankfully quizz started moving and the defence shut down.
Reply 2578
If Gus Bradley still has a job on Monday then a Trump presidency and the end of civilisation must shortly follow.
Original post by Wattsy
If Gus Bradley still has a job on Monday then a Trump presidency and the end of civilisation must shortly follow.

Loved how he literally ran away when the reporter asked him if there would be a QB change.

Bortles winds up to his hip when he throws now. Same as Tebow did.

Quick Reply

Latest