The Student Room Group

Can I (girl) send him a second text if he hasn't replied?

He asked me out on a date but then had to pull out last minute for a legitimate reason. We aren't free on the same day for a while. I don't want it to just fade to nothing though. I last replied to his text today but it was a very closed reply. Can I send him a text tomorrow asking a question if he hasn't replied to my message?

I've never done this before guys usually chase me I don't know what the protocal is
Original post by Anonymous
He asked me out on a date but then had to pull out last minute for a legitimate reason. We aren't free on the same day for a while. I don't want it to just fade to nothing though. I last replied to his text today but it was a very closed reply. Can I send him a text tomorrow asking a question if he hasn't replied to my message?

I've never done this before guys usually chase me I don't know what the protocal is

I think it's fine to double text when you have a question. But I wouldn't message him that, maybe say that you want to replan something. Just try not to look clingy
Reply 2
Original post by not light
I think it's fine to double text when you have a question. But I wouldn't message him that, maybe say that you want to replan something. Just try not to look clingy

by question i mean ask him how his evening went
by question i mean ask him how his evening went

Lol how old are you? Yeah I guess so, if you guys are serious I'm sure a text isn't gonna hurt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone genuinely actually follow these BS texting 'rules'...
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

Yh ik it's bs but I actually follow these rules when texting girls. You just look clingy if you don't follow it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh ik it's bs but I actually follow these rules when texting girls. You just look clingy if you don't follow it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, it depends what you say which makes it 'clingy'.
Not really, it depends what you say which makes it 'clingy'.

Nah if you reply too fast you just seem eager
Girls which I've used the rule on Ive had longer convos with, better replies and so on.
Following the rules makes you look less eager, more desirable and let's them know u have a life of your own

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah if you reply too fast you just seem eager
Girls which I've used the rule on Ive had longer convos with, better replies and so on.
Following the rules makes you look less eager, more desirable and let's them know u have a life of your own

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how it goes, I've dated before :colonhash:

And, I just find texting rules to be a bit immature, if I like someone, their texting won't seem clingy to me really.
Reply 9
Lol how old are you? Yeah I guess so, if you guys are serious I'm sure a text isn't gonna hurt

Posted from TSR Mobile

none of your business and not relevant to the question.

obviously we arent serious as i said he's only asked me on a date
none of your business and not relevant to the question.

obviously we arent serious as i said he's only asked me on a date

Its slightly relveant, if you two were adults you wouldn't be asking a question about such a frivolous thing 😂😂
Reply 11
Text if you want to know if he's available to meet up.

Texting protocols are silly, that's some secondary school rubbish.
Original post by UWS
Text if you want to know if he's available to meet up.

Texting protocols are silly, that's some secondary school rubbish.

WORD
Second texts from the girl's side are usually banned by most major network providers.
It's against the law, could face 5 years in jail.

"Guys usually chase me, idk what the protocol is"
Original post by Rhaenys10

"Guys usually chase me, idk what the protocol is"

Me too :rofl:
People over think texts too much, I don't think anybody's going to ever go "Oh my god she double texted me I can't date her good christ that's abhorrent"

Quick Reply

Latest