The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Sorry, he then told me later that he doesn't attend that place*
Original post by Anonymous
Basically he told me he attends a certain university. He told me he doesn't but instead just takes courses there as part of the program, whereas his main university is really close but not quite as good. He said this to me at the start because he wanted to simplify things since it sounds confusing to try and elaborate on.

I can't help but feel he said that because he wanted to himself feel smarter though.

I think you should forgive him,
Ik he lied but it's not like he did something horrible and he did do it to simplify it but it does sound like he's trying to make him self sound smarter.
Reply 3
Title made me think he'd done something bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Basically he told me he attends a certain university. He told me he doesn't but instead just takes courses there as part of the program, whereas his main university is really close but not quite as good. He said this to me at the start because he wanted to simplify things since it sounds confusing to try and elaborate on.

I can't help but feel he said that because he wanted to himself feel smarter though.

Is that it? Maybe he was insecure about the uni he attended yes he should never have lied but i would say thats not really something to fight over or not to forgive.
Yh. I would forgive.I understand your concern as I don't like being lied to either but you did mention that he did this to simplify things.
Maybe he wasn't comfortable enough to tell you initially l?
Reply 6
Report him to the authorities immediately.
Reply 7
Oh wow, a RAPIST!
Reply 8
Maybe he wanted to impress you especially since it was in the beginning stages of your relationship. But I'm wondering for how long this lie has been going on for and will he lie to you again. No one is perfect and people lie, but that doesn't make it right to do so and talk to him about this. Did he ask you to forgive him? Has he lied before? Does he see anything wrong with what he did? Would he have liked it if it was you and would he forgive you? Communicate with him, if he is genuinely sorry and assures you that you can trust him, then forgive him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if you haven't had any other worries based on his honesty then make sure he understands that lying is not okay in a relationship and move on, he was embarassed or trying to impress you and he's come clean now, he didn't say anything which was a huge lie

if he's given you other reasons to worry then end it, you don't want a relationship wth someone who won't be honest with you
Original post by anonymous
basically he told me he attends a certain university. He told me he doesn't but instead just takes courses there as part of the program, whereas his main university is really close but not quite as good. He said this to me at the start because he wanted to simplify things since it sounds confusing to try and elaborate on.

off with his head

Latest

Trending

Trending