The Student Room Group

Wanting to marry a Muslim girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mrsingh105
But the thing is I've already found someone. Just because she isn't Sikh doesn't make a difference.

How many times have you asked this question? I remember several threads with the same question, almost the same wording too :s-smilie:

IIRC, you've haven't spoken to her have you? And you're not a practising Sikh so even if you did have to convert (which, considering she's a devout Muslim if she wears the Abaya, you'll 99% have to) can't see why it'd be a big problem

(That's if I have the right person...:tongue:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Hmmm?

But they'd love me

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol idk
Reply 22
Smh
Original post by Hydeman
You can't be serious about this...

hahahahaa why tag me Hyde? XD

Spoiler

Reply 24
Original post by Poooky
How many times have you asked this question? I remember several threads with the same question, almost the same wording too :s-smilie:

IIRC, you've haven't spoken to her have you? And you're not a practising Sikh so even if you did have to convert (which, considering she's a devout Muslim if she wears the Abaya, you'll 99% have to) can't see why it'd be a big problem

(That's if I have the right person...:tongue:)

Nope, this is the first thread.

I actually have spoken to her and she's friends with one of my friends. Now I would consider myself friends with her. I just haven't got to ask her about marriage yet.

And I don't believe in practicing or non-practicing. I follow my Sikh spirituality so I can identify myself as who I want!
As a Sikh girl, I think you're very wrong my good sir :u:

Depends "how sikh" the girls you're talking about are tbh :-/

If she does the panj bania every morning I severely doubt she is going to fit your description.
Reply 26
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
As a Sikh girl, I think you're very wrong my good sir :u:

Depends "how sikh" the girls you're talking about are tbh :-/

If she does the panj bania every morning I severely doubt she is going to fit your description.

I've just found it very tough to meet Sikh girls that do that though.
I'm sure there are some that practice properly. But since there are so few Sikh girls in this city anyway, then how am I supposed to find them?

Most Sikh girls I met did get up to **** that. Like going to nightclub and drinking.
I've just found it very tough to meet Sikh girls that do that though.
I'm sure there are some that practice properly. But since there are so few Sikh girls in this city anyway, then how am I supposed to find them?

Most Sikh girls I met did get up to **** that. Like going to nightclub and drinking.

Are you at uni? How old are you?

Tbh wait a few years and I'm sure your family will find you the kind of girl you're looking for...:redface: I think that maybe it seems like there are few sikh girls because there is nothing they where to define they are practicing sikhi properly, unless they are fully baptised which in that case they would be wearing a dastaar. Where as it's not too difficult to spot Sikh men because of their turbans etc...

Tbh they aren't "Sikh" if they do get up to that, because that stuff isn't exactly permissible :-/
Nope, this is the first thread.

I actually have spoken to her and she's friends with one of my friends. Now I would consider myself friends with her. I just haven't got to ask her about marriage yet.

And I don't believe in practicing or non-practicing. I follow my Sikh spirituality so I can identify myself as who I want!

Fair enough :smile: Sorry for getting you mixed up with someone else!

If you don't mind me asking, if you follow Sikhism spiritually now, if you were to convert would that be by name only? Surely you can't change your belief system at whim? :redface:
Reply 29
Are you at uni? How old are you?

Tbh wait a few years and I'm sure your family will find you the kind of girl you're looking for...:redface: I think that maybe it seems like there are few sikh girls because there is nothing they where to define they are practicing sikhi properly, unless they are fully baptised which in that case they would be wearing a dastaar. Where as it's not too difficult to spot Sikh men because of their turbans etc...

Tbh they aren't "Sikh" if they do get up to that, because that stuff isn't exactly permissible :-/

No really, there are not that many in this place. This uni has a very small Sikh population. I am guessing you live in Birmingham or Leeds somewhere like that.

This city isn't like that, and barely has any.
Reply 30
Original post by Poooky
Fair enough :smile: Sorry for getting you mixed up with someone else!

If you don't mind me asking, if you follow Sikhism spiritually now, if you were to convert would that be by name only? Surely you can't change your belief system at whim? :redface:

Well Sikh spirituality and Islamic spirituality seem very similar. So no, it wouldn't be by name only. And she might not require me to convert, so it really depends on her.
No really, there are not that many in this place. This uni has a very small Sikh population. I am guessing you live in Birmingham or Leeds somewhere like that.

This city isn't like that, and barely has any.

I actually don't, I live just outside of London and even here I don't see that many practising Sikhs :-/

I guess thats life eih....

There is a very small Sikh population anyway tbh. Small compared to other religions.
Reply 32
Well Sikh spirituality and Islamic spirituality seem very similar.

Lol what?
Reply 33
I actually don't, I live just outside of London and even here I don't see that many practising Sikhs :-/

I guess thats life eih....

There is a very small Sikh population anyway tbh. Small compared to other religions.

There are a lot in London itself.

But if you are from outside, you'd probably know how it's like. And yes, that's why I don't see the need to restrict marriage to a certain group.
Well Sikh spirituality and Islamic spirituality seem very similar. So no, it wouldn't be by name only. And she might not require me to convert, so it really depends on her.

I see, thanks :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by TheBBQ
Lol what?

Well if you look at the reality, it is.

Not at all, islam considers a lot of our methods such as meditation a pathway to inviting jinns etc.

It's not very similar at all :s-smilie:
Original post by TheBBQ
Lol what?

How is life? :smile:

I made rice the other day, or in other words, I can now be married :smile:
Well if you look at the reality, it is.

I don't understand- you want to ask for her hand in marriage, but you haven't even got to know her properly?

Sorry if I'm just assuming but that's what I've got from reading this thread.
I've just found it so hard to meet Sikh girls that dress modestly, don't drink or go out to nightclubs, and don't sleep around. There are a few, but not many at all, and the ones that I have met that don't do that stuff, I wasn't interested in.

I've met a girl who I want to marry that's a Muslim girl. Wears the hijab, abaya, prays five times a day, highly educated.

I REALLY want to marry this girl. I'd do anything to marry her.

How many Muslims would require the person they want to marry to convert before getting married? I would prefer to not do that, but if it means that I have to in order to marry her, then I will consider it.

An insincere conversion is invalid, so to any Muslim girl who cares about her faith (which this girl you describe sounds like), you becoming a Muslim by name will hardly increase your chances as you will still be a non-Muslim technically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending