The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DunderMiffles
Just completed my e-tray. I got to fsac last year and missed out narrowly but will be surprised if I pass that e-tray, I left 3 unanswered, I wasn't disciplined enough with my timing which is just unforgivably stupid.

I'm in the same boat as you in regards to e tray! Hopefully we hear back soon 😓
Reply 561
Just completed the initial tests which I found challenging but I expected as much. Hopefully it won't be long before I hear if I get to the etray
Reply 562
Original post by ryan.m
Just completed the initial tests which I found challenging but I expected as much. Hopefully it won't be long before I hear if I get to the etray

Checked my email also immediately which says e-tray unlocked
Original post by Mimma
Unsuccessful person from FSAC last year here.

I thought I'd reapply because last year they told me that I could "bank" my first analytical assessment centre but I'm genuinely confused now since everything seems to have changed...

Last year you chose between analytical and non-analytical schemes, while this year you can apply to almost all if you wish. If so, why do most streams have a second assessment (presumably an assessment centre) but some like the Generalist one have one stage less. It doesn't make sense as it isn't dependent on the category of the scheme either...

If someone in theory passes the first assessment centre but fails the second one can he get in a scheme that required only the first?

I think that the final assessment centre refers to the FSB that some streams have, same as last year. Also, probably the numerical tests for the commercial and finance streams. They're the only two streams required to do the numerical tests this year, at the end rather than at the start for all streams last year.
Original post by IllmaticDragon
Did my E tray today. Barely finished. So hard!

Did not get to check the background information as much as I would have liked, so a few of my responses were not based on the facts, so probably getting rejected. How long does it take to get the rejection or acceptance to come through?

Also, I read that an alt route into the civil service is applying for Administrative Officer grade positions normally. Has anyone else heard this? Would they accept a fresh faced graduate?

If you get through to FSAC, but narrowly miss out then they may offer you an EO role. HMRC do exactly the same, I'm starting with them in a month or two after not getting through on their graduate scheme last year, still applying for the FS now though.
Original post by naszam
Na you're not the only one. I did mine on 29th as well and no update since :smile:

On Twitter, the FS team are advising people who've been waiting longer than two weeks to email Parity.
Reply 566
Finished the e-tray a few hours ago - omg was it hard!!! not expecting that amount of info tbh
I spent far too much time reading and completely ran out of time at the end...didn't answer some emails and guessed others. That's probably me out now :frown: oh well, I'll try again next year!
Original post by fersty
Finished the e-tray a few hours ago - omg was it hard!!! not expecting that amount of info tbh
I spent far too much time reading and completely ran out of time at the end...didn't answer some emails and guessed others. That's probably me out now :frown: oh well, I'll try again next year!

The e tray is around an hour right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 568
Original post by gingerwizard
The e tray is around an hour right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

80 minutes
Original post by fersty
80 minutes

Ahh I guess I am thinking 60 minutes once the 20 minute reading time has been factored in which everyone seems to recommend. Thanks!
Original post by naszam
Na you're not the only one. I did mine on 29th as well and no update since :smile:

No news is good news I suppose!
image.png
Just did my e-tray this morning; wow that was intense!

Managed to finish it with about 5 minutes to spare so had a bit of time to go back through a few of my answers. Was much more difficult that I expected; so much information to process at the start and there were a lot of questions where all of the answers seemed fairly similar to each other. I felt it was relatively easy to select the least effective option but not so easy to pinpoint the most effective option!
Reply 572
The etray was so hard :frown: Oh well, waiting game again now.
Just finished the rest but my ever so faithful Internet decided to cut out just as I pressed submit. I'm actually so angry, I have to do it again?! So furious.

Edit: just gave them a ring, I have to email them and they'll give me an extension. I don't want one, I really just wanted it over and done with.

Anyway, the actual test was... Okay. Challenging, I had a few minutes at the end but decided not to use them. I guess if I'll be given another shot there's that, but it feels so unfair.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 574
So I just finished the e-tray that was hard, I managed to finish with like 2 minutes to spare. I kept second guessing myself I don't have much faith that I passed but just have to wait and see now. Arghhh the dreaded wait commences now.
Gosh, people finding the etray hard is really putting me off from getting it out of the way lol

Hoping the pass boundaries will be low this time round
Original post by Diffusion
Gosh, people finding the etray hard is really putting me off from getting it out of the way lol

Hoping the pass boundaries will be low this time round

Honestly, it isn't as hard as it is challenging. For a lot of it, it really is based heavily on the background info whilst others you just make your own judgement. I don't consider myself the brightest person but I managed to work through it so I'd go for it.
So I've been trying to access my e-tray for the last couple of hours and the page won't load. Nothing wrong with my internet and tried desktop as well as laptop. E-tray expires in 2 hours. FML.

I called them and they said they were having technical problems so I'm just going to have to watch the deadline pass and hope they sort something out :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I got to the very end of the Etray exercise and pressed sumbit and then an error message appeared. If anyone is thinking of doing it today I would hold off until tomorrow. Called the FastSteam and they said the Etray provider are having major issues and their server has gone down. They don't know if my results will have been recorded or if i will need to do it again, sounded like complete chaos on the phone!
Original post by Saramills
I got to the very end of the Etray exercise and pressed sumbit and then an error message appeared. If anyone is thinking of doing it today I would hold off until tomorrow. Called the FastSteam and they said the Etray provider are having major issues and their server has gone down. They don't know if my results will have been recorded or if i will need to do it again, sounded like complete chaos on the phone!

Oh thank God, it wasn't just me. Since it's happened to at least three of us, they should surely give an extensions. The first round of invites to the E-Tray for sent out this time last week so I guess it went down because we were all rushing to get them done haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending