The Student Room Group

Barclays 2017 Graduate Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Having some technical difficulties with the site. I'm wondering if anybody is experiencing similar.

Firstly I can't find anywhere when I log on that allows me to view my application including it's status. So I'm having to reply purely on email correspondence to tell me where I stand.

Secondly, I just completed Business Insight Stage 2 this afternoon. I got an email confirmation shortly after. So it all went through. Then about an hour ago I got another email inviting me to Business Insight Stage 2 again. It's also painfully hard to find Barclays contact email on the website too. I've emailed them but haven't received a response yet.

I'm kind of hoping others may have experienced similar?
Yesterday I got through to the second assessment for the 2017 Banking Off-Cycle Internship Programme, and I was wondering what these video questions mean, will I have to record a response or are there just videos that present a question?
Reply 102
have u complete insight test 2?just got invited for the online video interview. I heard that the process is quite different this year.
Would much appreciate any help!thanks
Original post by 123engineer
I just got invited to do the online interview after completing the business insight test 1. Email is below. Is this similar to business insight test 2?

does anyone have any specifics like what they would ask you for the recorded interview? Why Barclays? or something similar?
I am pleased to inform you that following your application for 2017 Corporate Banking Graduate - ********, we would like to find out more about you, what motivates you and how you align to the Barclays Values and Capabilities. To do this, we would like you to complete an online interview. Please ensure you take the interview in a quiet place where you can focus on the questions without interruption. To access the interview, please click on the following link and input the same log-in details you used when you first applied to Barclays. As a reminder your username is: *******
Original post by volatilityskew2
no its not. I got a tel interview

How long does it take for you to receive an invitation for tel interview after the BI2 ?
I just got invited to do the online interview after completing the business insight test 1. Email is below. Is this similar to business insight test 2?

does anyone have any specifics like what they would ask you for the recorded interview? Why Barclays? or something similar?
I am pleased to inform you that following your application for 2017 Corporate Banking Graduate - ********, we would like to find out more about you, what motivates you and how you align to the Barclays Values and Capabilities. To do this, we would like you to complete an online interview. Please ensure you take the interview in a quiet place where you can focus on the questions without interruption. To access the interview, please click on the following link and input the same log-in details you used when you first applied to Barclays. As a reminder your username is: *******

Hi,

How did the interview go?
Hey everyone, has anybody done the video interview yet? Will be very grateful if can get some insight about the type of questions they ask and assess
The interview has a few questions similar to the first test, but this time its timed. Then a question about what you are most proud of about yourself. then some questions relating to information given like what would you advise ? youd have to present your case to a manager.

I found it difficult to concentrate because youre talking to a computer pretty much. So make sure you practice a lot by looking in the mirror and answering questions.
The interview has a few questions similar to the first test, but this time its timed. Then a question about what you are most proud of about yourself. then some questions relating to information given like what would you advise ? youd have to present your case to a manager.

I found it difficult to concentrate because youre talking to a computer pretty much. So make sure you practice a lot by looking in the mirror and answering questions.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! For the timed question, will we have to do mathematical questions, and explain the justification for it for the first part?
Barclays doesn't ask for a CV or CL in its application ? :O
Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
Barclays doesn't ask for a CV or CL in its application ? :O

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got this on the 9th of october, still to see if i made it to the second stage....

Thanks for completing the Business Insight assessment as part of the Barclays recruitment process. Regardless of whether you are successful in the recruitment process, we would like to take the opportunity to give you developmental feedback on your performance. Please see attached your candidate development report, with practical development suggestions on your results.
Reply 111
Original post by volatilityskew2
no its not. I got a tel interview

Hmm I was visited by recruiters on campus that claimed otherwise

When you said that the interview has a few questions similar to the first test, are you referring to Insight Assessment 1 or Insight Assessment 2 because after completing Insight Assessment 1 I got an email inviting me to do a Online Interview and got no email asking me to complete Insight Assessment 2 (or is it the case that Insight Assessment 2 is the same thing as the online interview? and that the next stage which is a telephone/video interview is different to this online interview?)

When you said that there are some questions relating to information given like what would you advise and you have to present your case to a manager- does this basically mean that we are asked questions about what we think is best to do in relation to a case study scenario?I would also like to know the same thing as marsking which is whether will we have to do mathematical questions (for the timed question), and explain the justification for it for the first part?

Also to anyone else who has this Online Interview did you get similar/the same questions to 123engineer?

The reason I am asking is because if other people also got the same/similar questions then I think it is more likely that everyone will get the same/similar questions

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
I have a question for anyone who has taken the online interview.

Now I understand that things change from the past however, I have found 2 different people's forum posts from November last year where they said the types of questions they asked and the latter poster mentioned examples of actual questions that were asked

To anyone who has done this video interview were you asked similar or the same questions to what is written in either of November 2015 posts?

Thanks

Forum Post 1 November 2015

"I can't really remember exact questions but they are a mix of strength and competency based questions. So my advice is to have some examples ready of times you've shown leadership, teamwork etc. But also Google some strength based interview questions...And just have a think about them so you won't be hit with anything too surprising!In terms of format, there is a video of a woman asking you a question, after which it gives you 15 seconds to 'think about your answer' then starts recording immediately! you have 2 minutes before it stops recording but you can stop the recording anytime after 30 seconds! You get one practice question at the start which you can watch back and re-record until your happy with it! then about 12 assessed questions I think!"

Forum Post 2 November 2015

"Hi guys I just did my Video interview 2 days ago. The format is 12 questions. Strength-Based. You get 15 seconds to think and a maximum of 2 minutes to answer. Your answer must be between 30 secs and this maximum.Some of the questions that I remember.What motivated you to choose your division and what challenges does it face?A client has asked you to do something unethical, what would you do?Something you achieved recently that your proud of?A time when you changed something that wasn't working?A time when you built a relationship with someone?Your manager has asked you to analyse a detailed spreadsheet for an important meeting tomorrow. How do you feel? how would you approach this?A time when you put the needs of the team before your own?"
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 114
Just got an email titled 'Online Interview' over two weeks after I completed Business Insight 1.

"I am pleased to inform you that following your application for 2017 Quantitative Analytics Off-Cycle Internship Programme Analyst [redacted], we would like to find out more about you, what motivates you and how you align to the Barclays Values and Capabilities.
To do this, we would like you to complete an online interview. Please ensure you take the interview in a quiet place where you can focus on the questions without interruption."
My question is: Is it the same as Business Insight 2 (i.e. Stage 3 as per http://joinus.barclays.com/apac/application-and-selection/) that everyone has been talking about or is it actually Stage 4? And for those who have done it, could you share what the interview entails? Thanks.
Reply 115
anyone hear back from barclays? I have completed business insight 2 for more than a week, still nothing from recruiter :frown:
Reply 116
Original post by drawar
Just got an email titled 'Online Interview' over two weeks after I completed Business Insight 1.

"I am pleased to inform you that following your application for 2017 Quantitative Analytics Off-Cycle Internship Programme Analyst [redacted], we would like to find out more about you, what motivates you and how you align to the Barclays Values and Capabilities.
To do this, we would like you to complete an online interview. Please ensure you take the interview in a quiet place where you can focus on the questions without interruption."
My question is: Is it the same as Business Insight 2 (i.e. Stage 3 as per http://joinus.barclays.com/apac/application-and-selection/) that everyone has been talking about or is it actually Stage 4? And for those who have done it, could you share what the interview entails? Thanks.

yes, it is business insight 2.
Have had so many problems with Barclays . First, tried to email them about reasonable adjustments to the business insight 2 and did get a response for about a month. Then I experienced technical difficulties. Website kept crashing during my video interview. This is really disheartening because I put a lot of effort in to get my application in early.
Anyone had their phone interview yet? Could shed some light on some of the questions asked? Thanks
Original post by Winniethebear
Anyone had their phone interview yet? Could shed some light on some of the questions asked? Thanks

How long did you have to wait to get invited to phone interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending