The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well I've had a lot of movement in the last few days. More movement in the last few days than there's been in the last 12 months. Seems they can't get it done quick enough now with both CSR and HMRC contacting ..So .... hopefully shouldn't be too much longer
Original post by kezxo
Was thinking why wa and it taking so long as most February staff have started.

The internal post at the same time as June external 1320 are getting start dates at the moment.

Hi Kezxo is this for the HO in Belfast i have start date for December was on the February campaign i was on Reserve list and then within weeks got provisional offer but took ages for formal offer to come through....
Got an email today asking me to bring ID into Moira House, but I did that on the 7th October.

I replied and asked if they needed ID in addition to the documents I handed in on the 7th, and they replied to say they would need to see what happened to the stuff I handed in almost 2 weeks ago, so I guess they have not started processing my application yet.

So I need now to wait and see if they have it, or I need to take it in again.
Original post by PapaSmurf46
Got an email today asking me to bring ID into Moira House, but I did that on the 7th October.

I replied and asked if they needed ID in addition to the documents I handed in on the 7th, and they replied to say they would need to see what happened to the stuff I handed in almost 2 weeks ago, so I guess they have not started processing my application yet.

So I need now to wait and see if they have it, or I need to take it in again.

Yea I'd say you'll need to bring it on a few times over the next 20 working days. These things can get lost in the post after all.
Original post by kezxo
Ive heard nothing about band O posts as yet and there's a girl in our office waiting to hear.

If you have a Band O post would you say it's likely/unlikely you'll be in post before Christmas?
Original post by Jamz115
Yea I'd say you'll need to bring it on a few times over the next 20 working days. These things can get lost in the post after all.

I got an email back to say that they have tracked my documents down, so I don't need to bring any more in.

I asked if they could tell me what part of the process I am at, and they said they could not, but once the documents arrive with CSR, then it should be completed within 20 working days.

So that would be mid November, before I get a formal offer. And then a period after that before I get a start date.

Looking unlikely to be this side of Christmas.
Original post by PapaSmurf46
I got an email back to say that they have tracked my documents down, so I don't need to bring any more in.

I asked if they could tell me what part of the process I am at, and they said they could not, but once the documents arrive with CSR, then it should be completed within 20 working days.

So that would be mid November, before I get a formal offer. And then a period after that before I get a start date.

Looking unlikely to be this side of Christmas.

Yea I'd imagine it won't be before christmas now especially those like us with EO posts. They will place the HEOs first I'd say. As long as they send me that message to say employment checks have been completed etc then that's all that matters. I'm content to wait until after christmas as I have a family member getting married over christmas and have leave booked at my current employer so it would be best if I don't have to go through that rigmarole with my new employer.
Reply 327
I am waiting on an o posting as well however as someone with the ACCA tax exams i was wondering if there is any benefit to having these? ie would some people get started at a higher pay point? Also, does anyone know if there are any opportunites to climb the ladder internally? I know this is slightly off topic but worth a try
Original post by Hhhmmm
I am waiting on an o posting as well however as someone with the ACCA tax exams i was wondering if there is any benefit to having these? ie would some people get started at a higher pay point? Also, does anyone know if there are any opportunites to climb the ladder internally? I know this is slightly off topic but worth a try

There's only 1 salary and it doesn't change bar a 1% change every year or somethin to do with inflation. If you want to " climb the ladder" so to speak you will have to apply internally for higher posts
I'm informed that everything has been slowed down deliberately as they basically bit off more than they could chew by recruiting too many staff at one time. This is nationwide. I'll count myself lucky to get a date before Christmas.
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
I'm informed that everything has been slowed down deliberately as they basically bit off more than they could chew by recruiting too many staff at one time. This is nationwide. I'll count myself lucky to get a date before Christmas.

Oh no!! How'd you find that info out?
Original post by Cass1988
Oh no!! How'd you find that info out?

Friend works there.
Just got this email...
image.png
Original post by Cass1988
Just got this email...
image.png

Woohoo! 😁 Let's hope my info was relative to the slow up we've all been experiencing already! Chuffed for you.....and me, because I'm usually about a week behind you, lol. Sounds like they realise you will have to give notice and are getting your desk ready, lol. Which reminds me, space at Belfast at a premium, lots of hot-desking going on. Let's hope you don't have to attend that Christmas party!
Hey Cass........guess what? I didn't get the email...........BUT the same message was waiting in my CSR portal just now, lol. Looks like I've caught you up at last!
Reply 335
Got the email too! Fingers crossed a definitive start date is imminent.
Original post by MikalM
Got the email too! Fingers crossed a definitive start date is imminent.

Fingers crossed. The email doesn't really give us anymore than we know already to be fair, let's hope it means something concrete and isn't just designed to placate for a while.
They've started calls already to ask you for your current notice period. I've had a call already today.

They are compiling a master spreadsheet of this info and will pass to recruitment. They will then send out formal offers with start dates on it but can't give me a timeframe.

If someone else speaks to them, can you ask if they are likely to be starting and posts before Christmas please?
Anybody else had a call asking for notice periods? I'm still waiting for the call, but like Cass says, might be a while given the amount of calls they are going to have to make.
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Anybody else had a call asking for notice periods? I'm still waiting for the call, but like Cass says, might be a while given the amount of calls they are going to have to make.

I haven't had the call. My checks aren't even showing as completed yet so I'm feeling well and truly left behind at the minute.

Latest

Trending

Trending