The Student Room Group

Matalan Interview help!!!!

I have got an interview at Matalan tomorrow.I have never had a job or interview.
Any tips or advice.
what should I wear? (I am a college student)
Original post by 15asaddiqa
I have got an interview at Matalan tomorrow.I have never had a job or interview.
Any tips or advice.
what should I wear? (I am a college student)

Dress smartly. No jeans, no t-shirts, no trainers. They'll ask you general retail interview questions. They'll ask about your experience, your availability, that kind of thing. They may also ask you what you may do in certain situations, although this doesn't happen all the time. It depends on the store and the person conducting the interview. You'll likely be asked why you want to work there. They may also ask you about what you could bring to the job, and what you think the job will entail. Just stay calm, smile, and be polite. Answer their questions as clearly as you can, and don't just give loads of one word answers. Good luck!
Reply 2
Dress smartly, be confident, friendly and have open body language.

Research a little bit on matalan and examples of the interviews they've done. Make sure you understand what the job entails.

I recently had a team assessment for my job. Is yours just a interview or will you be on shop floor?
Reply 3
Original post by Ishax
Dress smartly, be confident, friendly and have open body language.

Research a little bit on matalan and examples of the interviews they've done. Make sure you understand what the job entails.

I recently had a team assessment for my job. Is yours just a interview or will you be on shop floor?

Thanks for the advice.
It's just an interview.
what do you mean by research on Matalan and how do i use it in my interview.
Reply 4
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Dress smartly. No jeans, no t-shirts, no trainers. They'll ask you general retail interview questions. They'll ask about your experience, your availability, that kind of thing. They may also ask you what you may do in certain situations, although this doesn't happen all the time. It depends on the store and the person conducting the interview. You'll likely be asked why you want to work there. They may also ask you about what you could bring to the job, and what you think the job will entail. Just stay calm, smile, and be polite. Answer their questions as clearly as you can, and don't just give loads of one word answers. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.
Reply 5
Original post by 15asaddiqa
Thanks for the advice.
It's just an interview.
what do you mean by research on Matalan and how do i use it in my interview.

Like it depends on what role you're going for and the type of questions they may ask you.
I have a screening online test (by phone call) for the company Matalan. What questions are they going to ask and how should i prepare?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending