The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caravan_Palace
Just finished the rest but my ever so faithful Internet decided to cut out just as I pressed submit. I'm actually so angry, I have to do it again?! So furious.

Edit: just gave them a ring, I have to email them and they'll give me an extension. I don't want one, I really just wanted it over and done with.

Anyway, the actual test was... Okay. Challenging, I had a few minutes at the end but decided not to use them. I guess if I'll be given another shot there's that, but it feels so unfair.

I had this EXACT problem. the lady on the phone said the 'answers are there somewhere on the system' so I shouldn't have to do it again. Also sent them an email with screenies of what was happening.

As for the test, Read the background info carefully.
Yes I got the e-tray invite on the first day they went out and stupidly left it until the last day. The woman on the phone mentioned that it was because people were 'leaving it to the last minute'. oops.

But it sounded like they're willing to give extensions, but won't be able to get back to us today because of how many people are ringing in with the same problem.
Original post by Cardiffbluebird
I had this EXACT problem. the lady on the phone said the 'answers are there somewhere on the system' so I shouldn't have to do it again. Also sent them an email with screenies of what was happening.

As for the test, Read the background info carefully.

I hope so. If I have to do it again I'll feel that I'll be held to a higher standard which of course is completely fair, but I wouldn't want that since it diminishes my chances of getting through.

And yes, the background info is so so so important. We're not allowed to give specifics but there were a few questions where all the answers sounded right but you really had to look at the background info otherwise you'd get it wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completed the E-tray, clicked submit and it took me to a cubiks login page. Couldn't go back to the E-tray. The message i'm getting is this;

'This assessment was started but not completed, possibly because you closed your browser before completing the assessment. You will need to contact the person that invited you to this assessment to arrange completion.'

Does anyone have an email for the fast stream so I can contact someone?
anyone else still waiting for the e-tray? =/
Original post by cschahal
I completed the E-tray, clicked submit and it took me to a cubiks login page. Couldn't go back to the E-tray. The message i'm getting is this;

'This assessment was started but not completed, possibly because you closed your browser before completing the assessment. You will need to contact the person that invited you to this assessment to arrange completion.'

Does anyone have an email for the fast stream so I can contact someone?

I had the exact same problem! Email : [email protected].
This is so frustrating!
Reply 586
Original post by stochasticking
I had the exact same problem! Email : [email protected].
This is so frustrating!

Just completed it myself after sitting here for 80mins and got the same message - "annoying" is an understatement. I've contacted them team and they said they experienced a server down time and everyone was affected. They said to email explaining what happened and that they would reset the e-tray. I suggest anyone who is in the same position send an email too so they know.
Original post by mab_90
Just completed it myself after sitting here for 80mins and got the same message - "annoying" is an understatement. I've contacted them team and they said they experienced a server down time and everyone was affected. They said to email explaining what happened and that they would reset the e-tray. I suggest anyone who is in the same position send an email too so they know.

If anything this is very beneficial to you as you will have seen the content already in detail and have a significant upper hand on people taking it for the first time. I would of thought this much was an obvious advantage of taking it again, surely?
Just finished it though, alot harder than I expected and didn't spend enough time reading through the content in detail prior to taking on the questions. Managed to complete 22 out of 24, and guessed the 23rd one which was probably a bad move. Was a pure guess as well given the question was all about costings and total spends. Oh well, gave it a good go. Wholly don't imagine I will get through after that, with one more minute I'm sure I could of answered the last two. All the best to everyone else.
It's a huge advantage. Surely they can't allow the results of those doing it twice to skew the passmark upwards? This needs to be raised with the fast stream team so I would encourage you all to message them to ensure this doesn't happen.
Original post by mab_90

They told me the exact same reason over the phone I hope they get back to me soon, they didn't necessarily say they would reset the e-tray to me, if my answers are all saved they may just submit it for me. Well, that's what I'm hoping anyways. Good luck.
They gave me an extension for the E-tray, phew!!
Reply 592
Original post by gingerwizard
If anything this is very beneficial to you as you will have seen the content already in detail and have a significant upper hand on people taking it for the first time. I would of thought this much was an obvious advantage of taking it again, surely?

Perhaps in knowing some of the content but not so much when it comes to deciphering which responses are most effective. I found that the least effective responses were easier to point out but for the most effective ones, for most questions it always boiled down to 2 options.
Reply 593
Original post by Syrianprince

How do you know? Have they reset it when you log in or have they just communicated that they will.
Original post by Syrianprince

When did you send the email requesting it?
Original post by mab_90
Perhaps in knowing some of the content but not so much when it comes to deciphering which responses are most effective. I found that the least effective responses were easier to point out but for the most effective ones, for most questions it always boiled down to 2 options.

There is no doubt in my mind that if I sat the test again tomorrow morning, I would get a higher mark than whatever I've achieved this morning as I've effectively had double the amount of time to consider all the information.
Original post by boingboing17
There is no doubt in my mind that if I sat the test again tomorrow morning, I would get a higher mark than whatever I've achieved this morning as I've effectively had double the amount of time to consider all the information.

i agree, i should've probably waited till today to do it and then got an extension lol
those of us who completed the test prior and were worrying about an unfair advantange this is the reply i received from the fast stream team:

"Thank you for your message A different set of E-mails would come up if the e-tray is reset, so knowing the content would not be an issue as it would not be the same."
Original post by zakiah nasir
those of us who completed the test prior and were worrying about an unfair advantange this is the reply i received from the fast stream team:

"Thank you for your message A different set of E-mails would come up if the e-tray is reset, so knowing the content would not be an issue as it would not be the same."

I'm thankful, since even though I'll have to do it again doing the same one is unfair on others; hopefully this one is the same level of difficulty as the original.

I emailed them early morning and still no reply. I may have to shout at them over the phone...
Original post by zakiah nasir

Hmm. It's still an advantage in my view as these people will have had sight of the source material beforehand so will have a better idea of which documents to look at when answering the questions.

Very frustrating; hope this doesn't skew the results but if I don't pass then it would be nice to know we were all on a level playing field. Btw I'm not blaming those who have had this happen to them; on the contrary, you have to endure another 80 minutes of hell!

Quick Reply

Latest