The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Ughhh!

Been monitoring Fastpokemap in case someone I need comes up in walking distance. An Aerodactyl spawned within walking distance but I just noticed it with 1 minute left. If only I had seen it 15 mins ago! :frown:
Found a wild Dragonair today. =D

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477408638.007044.jpg

Absolute rubbish CP and IV but still happy. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Found a wild Dragonair today. =D

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477408638.007044.jpg

Absolute rubbish CP and IV but still happy. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

99 candies isn't shabby! Have you got something ready to evolve into a strong Dragonite or do you need the other 26 candies?

Can't wait for this Halloween candy boost - once it kicks in I can add Muk, Charizard, Blastoise, Omistar and Alakazam to my pokedex.

Will leave me with just 10 to add to pokedex. Also got lucky and after a dry spell, picked up 3x 10km eggs! When they hatch, they will also get double candies which could be awesome.

Perfect world, I'd hatch Chansey, Aerodactyl and Dratini. I'd be happy with Lapras and Snorlax so can power up my stronger ones.

In reality? I'll probably get a Jynx, Onyx and Scyther :facepalm:

Wonder what time the update will kick in. Midnight? Midnight USA time? Looking forward to the catch bonus too - there's a geodude nest which could get me to Golem quickly..
Original post by Zerforax
99 candies isn't shabby! Have you got something ready to evolve into a strong Dragonite or do you need the other 26 candies?

Can't wait for this Halloween candy boost - once it kicks in I can add Muk, Charizard, Blastoise, Omistar and Alakazam to my pokedex.

Will leave me with just 10 to add to pokedex. Also got lucky and after a dry spell, picked up 3x 10km eggs! When they hatch, they will also get double candies which could be awesome.

Perfect world, I'd hatch Chansey, Aerodactyl and Dratini. I'd be happy with Lapras and Snorlax so can power up my stronger ones.

Wonder what time the update will kick in. Midnight? Midnight USA time? Looking forward to the catch bonus too - there's a geodude nest which could get me to Golem quickly..

I might start loading up the game on my daily commute just because of the 4x candy thing over the next few days. At the very least I'll get 5-6 candy over the 4 days or so. Plus I can do some walking over the weekend to try and get some Pokemon to higher candies.

I think the most difficult Pokemon to evolve for me will be Grimer -> Muk. Only have 13 candies or so and I've never seen a Muk, I don't really fancy walking 24km for it though lol.
Original post by tomtjl
I might start loading up the game on my daily commute just because of the 4x candy thing over the next few days. At the very least I'll get 5-6 candy over the 4 days or so. Plus I can do some walking over the weekend to try and get some Pokemon to higher candies.

I think the most difficult Pokemon to evolve for me will be Grimer -> Muk. Only have 13 candies or so and I've never seen a Muk, I don't really fancy walking 24km for it though lol.

Yea it's worth it since such an increase. If you have any 5km eggs incubated you might get lucky with a Grimer hatch and get the double candies? I saw a Muk on tracker this afternoon but it looked like a 10-12 min walk and I was already on 46 Grimer candy.

What were the few you had left to obtain? I'm going to try and do Geodude and Bulbasaur tomorrow..
Yea it's worth it since such an increase. If you have any 5km eggs incubated you might get lucky with a Grimer hatch and get the double candies? I saw a Muk on tracker this afternoon but it looked like a 10-12 min walk and I was already on 46 Grimer candy.

What were the few you had left to obtain? I'm going to try and do Geodude and Bulbasaur tomorrow..

The Pokemon I still need are:
Victreebel (I'm on 109 of 125)
Golem (But I have enough candies for)
Vileplume (I have enough candies for)
Muk (11/50)
Raichu (25/50)
Marowak (39/50)
Omastar (27/50)

So it's not too far to go, but obviously progress stopped once I stopped playing the game. Definitely worth using on my commute though for the easy candies.

Which Pokemon do you have left?

Isn't shabby when I've only caught 12 dragon types in game too. Rest came from the buddy system. =D
So really, that's an extra 51 candies from the buddy system. =D
Walked 270km with Dratini so far. When I get to 124, will switch to using Garyados as my buddy for Magikarp candy. Have a 133CP Magikarp with 86% IVs, not great but am hoping for a couple more from eggs before I hit the 400 mark again.

Am currently sitting on 140 Magikarp candy...
Original post by tomtjl
The Pokemon I still need are:
Victreebel (I'm on 109 of 125)
Golem (But I have enough candies for)
Vileplume (I have enough candies for)
Muk (11/50)
Raichu (25/50)
Marowak (39/50)
Omastar (27/50)

So it's not too far to go, but obviously progress stopped once I stopped playing the game. Definitely worth using on my commute though for the easy candies.

Which Pokemon do you have left?

That's not many at all. Cubone/Marowak are extra spawns for this event so you should find those candies in one commute. You're in London right? Caledonian Park is an Omanyte nest and around 3 spawn every 15-25 minutes on the north side.

I'm missing the following:
Venasaur (70/100)
Vulpix (39/50)
Dugtrio (29/50)
Machamp (40/100)
Golem (24/100) - bottom right corner of Regents Park is a nest
Dodrio (28/50)
Chansey
Aerodactyl
Kabutops (35/50)
Dragonite (70/100)

Isn't shabby when I've only caught 12 dragon types in game too. Rest came from the buddy system. =D
So really, that's an extra 51 candies from the buddy system. =D
Walked 270km with Dratini so far. When I get to 124, will switch to using Garyados as my buddy for Magikarp candy. Have a 133CP Magikarp with 86% IVs, not great but am hoping for a couple more from eggs before I hit the 400 mark again.

Am currently sitting on 140 Magikarp candy...

Wow that's a lot of walking! I think I've only walked 320km in the total game..

The most painful thing about Gyarados is whether it will have good moves or not..
That's not many at all. Cubone/Marowak are extra spawns for this event so you should find those candies in one commute. You're in London right? Caledonian Park is an Omanyte nest and around 3 spawn every 15-25 minutes on the north side.

Venasaur (70/100)
Vulpix (39/50)
Dugtrio (29/50)
Machamp (40/100)
Dodrio (28/50)
Chansey
Aerodactyl
Kabutops (35/50)
Dragonite (70/100)

The most painful thing about Gyarados is whether it will have good moves or not..

My distance is a bit more than that. Then again, I walk to uni every day to get a bit of exercise in which adds at least 5k per day every day (even weekends).

Leave my phone running with POGO on to just do something in the background. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forgot to add screenshot of the badge. =l

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477463363.537972.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
My distance is a bit more than that. Then again, I walk to uni every day to get a bit of exercise in which adds at least 5k per day every day (even weekends).

Leave my phone running with POGO on to just do something in the background. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn that is impressive!

I've had a good morning :biggrin:
- Added Golem to my pokedex
- Would be ready to add Venasaur to my pokedex with one more catch but caught a massive Bulbasuar (89% and CP 802) which will evolve into a CP 1952 Venasaur so will need a few extra candies for that!
- Also hatched a Snorlax which gave me around 50 candies with the boost bonus :biggrin: Powered up my higher CP one to 2430 and should pass CP 2500 later this week when I hit level 28 (only 25k XP away).

Second 10km egg was a Pinsir which isn't great but I've got two 10km eggs left..

EDIT:
Third 10km egg was an Eevee so now I have plenty of candy to keep my Vaporeon powered. Might evolve another Jolteon as my original one is CP 280..

Had a weird/lucky time though, I think I've picked up 5x 10km eggs in the last 24 hours whereas I don't think I had one during the week before.

Seems that the huge increase in Gastly/Drowsee/Meaowth/Zubat has coincided with lower rates of spawns of other pokemon? Makes sense - was wondering how else they would slow down people evolving tons of pokemon with so much candy available.
(edited 7 years ago)

Venasaur (70/100)
Vulpix (39/50)
Dugtrio (29/50)
Machamp (40/100)
Dodrio (28/50)
Chansey
Aerodactyl
Kabutops (35/50)
Dragonite (70/100)

Yeah, I caught some Cubone on my way to and from uni today, so I have enough for a Marowak now. I also got 3 Bellsprout candy from my journey, it would have been more but my battery died on the way home, so I'm definitely bringing in my portable charger tomorrow. I can probably get that to 125 before the event ends. Then I'll only need Muk, Raichu and Omastar.

Caledonian Park is an Omanyte spawn? I might need to check it out. It is very, very far away from where I live though. I live in Brixton so it's literally the exact opposite side of London. I think the others will just have to come from the buddy system, despite how painful that will be :tongue:.

As for your list, Chansey I've only ever seen from a 10km egg, while Aerodactyl I found randomly in the wild, though the 10km egg is probably the best bet. All of the final evolutions are always a pain in the arse to get, though I swear the egg system is rigged. I've had around 200 Machop candy for a while now because I get one out of every 4th egg or so, while there are quite a few Pokemon I've never had out of an egg.

Also, I wish they'd release trading already. This was supposed to be available on launch, along with player battles >.<
Original post by tomtjl
Yeah, I caught some Cubone on my way to and from uni today, so I have enough for a Marowak now. I also got 3 Bellsprout candy from my journey, it would have been more but my battery died on the way home, so I'm definitely bringing in my portable charger tomorrow. I can probably get that to 125 before the event ends. Then I'll only need Muk, Raichu and Omastar.

Caledonian Park is an Omanyte spawn? I might need to check it out. It is very, very far away from where I live though. I live in Brixton so it's literally the exact opposite side of London. I think the others will just have to come from the buddy system, despite how painful that will be :tongue:.

As for your list, Chansey I've only ever seen from a 10km egg, while Aerodactyl I found randomly in the wild, though the 10km egg is probably the best bet. All of the final evolutions are always a pain in the arse to get, though I swear the egg system is rigged. I've had around 200 Machop candy for a while now because I get one out of every 4th egg or so, while there are quite a few Pokemon I've never had out of an egg.

Also, I wish they'd release trading already. This was supposed to be available on launch, along with player battles >.<

Yea I picked up 3 Omanytes there to get my Omastar but also see them there on the tracker often. You should do Pikachu with your buddy system since you'll get a candy every 0.25km.

Yea it's frustrating and more annoying when I get crap like Jynx from my 10km eggs. I saw an Aerodactyl on FPM scanner yesterday but just missed it :frown: May have missed my shot..

I feel like eggs are tied to pokestops you get them from? I regularly get the same few water pokemon and when I was picking up eggs from Lincoln's Inn, I got Ekans/Growlithe for a period? Machop must be tied to one of the pokestop areas you go through? I've rarely hatched Machop hence my very poor candy amount.

The only issue is that trading will making completing your pokedex too easy.. Player battles would be good but considering how basic the battle is, I'm not sure how much value it will have?
Managed to evolve Venasaur at CP 1950 and powered it past 2k. Also evolved my Vulpix and hatched an Aerodactyl!! :biggrin:

Dugtrio (29/50)
Machamp (40/100)
Dodrio (28/50)
Chansey
Kabutops (35/50)
Dragonite (79/100)

Only 6 left now but won't be easy since I'm not sure where to pick any up and FPM is down again..

EDIT:

Just my luck - having worked so hard to get Abra candy, this morning I hatch an Abra and get 30 candies :facepalm:

On the flip side, I've picked up my 7th 10km egg in the last few days :eek:

The dream is to hatch Chansey, Dratini and Kabuto/Lapras..
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok, I never want to see another Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Zuubat, Drowzee, Hypno, Cubone, Marrowak or Meowth as long as I live...

Was so happy when I saw a Pidgy this morning it was unbelievable...
Hey guys, I'm new and only just saw this thread.. I've had 3 10km eggs after a long dry spell- first 2 have hatched into an Aerodactyl and an Omanyte!! (now got a sweet Omastar). I'm level 23 and only 111 caught on my pokedex- I'm missing some pretty common ones like fully evolved Nidos and Scyther but I do have some rare guys like Lickitung and Hitmonchan. Nothing over 2000 CP yet though
Original post by prospectiveppe
Hey guys, I'm new and only just saw this thread.. I've had 3 10km eggs after a long dry spell- first 2 have hatched into an Aerodactyl and an Omanyte!! (now got a sweet Omastar). I'm level 23 and only 111 caught on my pokedex- I'm missing some pretty common ones like fully evolved Nidos and Scyther but I do have some rare guys like Lickitung and Hitmonchan. Nothing over 2000 CP yet though

Meh, I'm level 25 and the only Pokemon I have within 100CP of reaching the 2000CP milestone is my Arcaninie and even then, I have no intention of powering it up because it knows Bulldose... -.-

Currently sitting on 122 caught, 130 seen. Would actually be fewer seen if it wasn't for the pokemon gym glitch. Otherwise it would actually be on 126/127 seen. =l

Although, want to see a 10k egg soon though, haven't had one in over a week now...
Meh, I'm level 25 and the only Pokemon I have within 100CP of reaching the 2000CP milestone is my Arcaninie and even then, I have no intention of powering it up because it knows Bulldose... -.-

Currently sitting on 122 caught, 130 seen. Would actually be fewer seen if it wasn't for the pokemon gym glitch. Otherwise it would actually be on 126/127 seen. =l

Although, want to see a 10k egg soon though, haven't had one in over a week now...

Yeah its really annoying that you know have gym sightings under seen. The closest I have is a snorlax at 1890 CP (I powered it up with all the candy I got from hatching it). What me and my friend found with 10k eggs is that you are much more likely to get them if you completely clear your eggventory. Thats when we both picked up 3 and neither of us had had any for a long time before that

Keep on grinding away!

It's not a glitch, Niantic made the deliberate change as it closer reflects the original games I think.

Yeah its really annoying that you know have gym sightings under seen. The closest I have is a snorlax at 1890 CP (I powered it up with all the candy I got from hatching it). What me and my friend found with 10k eggs is that you are much more likely to get them if you completely clear your eggventory. Thats when we both picked up 3 and neither of us had had any for a long time before that

Yea no one seems to have worked out how it is with eggs. Someone suggested to me that you go through a cycle of loads of 5km eggs, then a bunch of 2k eggs as cluster and then get the 10km eggs. Dunno how true that is either.

I powered my Snorlax to CP 2516 this morning which I've very pleased about :biggrin:

Currently got 8 pokemon at CP 2000+. Aiming to increase two more and then also desperately want a Dragonite..!
Well guys, managed another Dragonaire catch on the way into uni today (have my Pharmacology and Toxicology assessment in like 40 mins... and another assessment (presentation) tomorrow). =(

Still, only need to catch one more Dratini/Dragonaire and I will have enough for a Dragonite (assuming I catch while double candies are still active). =)

Quick Reply

Latest