The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DunderMiffles
It's a huge advantage. Surely they can't allow the results of those doing it twice to skew the passmark upwards? This needs to be raised with the fast stream team so I would encourage you all to message them to ensure this doesn't happen.

I agree, I fear this will be the case though.
Original post by boingboing17
Hmm. It's still an advantage in my view as these people will have had sight of the source material beforehand so will have a better idea of which documents to look at when answering the questions.

Very frustrating; hope this doesn't skew the results but if I don't pass then it would be nice to know we were all on a level playing field. Btw I'm not blaming those who have had this happen to them; on the contrary, you have to endure another 80 minutes of hell!

I highly doubt that. I did a practice test a few days ago (of which I posted the link earlier) and the practice question was exactly the same of the practice question I did. Practice doesn't give someone an unfair advantage.

I honestly hope they find my answers somewhere; I'd rather not go through that again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caravan_Palace
I highly doubt that. I did a practice test a few days ago (of which I posted the link earlier) and the practice question was exactly the same of the practice question I did. Practice doesn't give someone an unfair advantage.

I honestly hope they find my answers somewhere; I'd rather not go through that again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My understanding from their email is that the scenario will be the same but only the 24 questions will be different.

In short, if I had 40 minutes to review a document and answer questions then I'm certain I would do better than if I had 20 minutes to review a document.
My understanding from their email is that the scenario will be the same but only the 24 questions will be different.

In short, if I had 40 minutes to review a document and answer questions then I'm certain I would do better than if I had 20 minutes to review a document.

Oh really? I mean, if that's the case then surely we'd marked at a higher standard. It would be disastrous for them to mark this at the same level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm. It's still an advantage in my view as these people will have had sight of the source material beforehand so will have a better idea of which documents to look at when answering the questions.

Very frustrating; hope this doesn't skew the results but if I don't pass then it would be nice to know we were all on a level playing field. Btw I'm not blaming those who have had this happen to them; on the contrary, you have to endure another 80 minutes of hell!

Agreed it's still a huge advantage, as you say they will have a much better idea of where to find the relevant information which if i'd had as i'm sure many others would say, definitely would have been able to complete all 24 questions. Bit of a joke really but obviously not the guys fault who had the problems of course. Just think it'll all be skewed now with some having an advantage in their score results.
Secretly wishing that everyone who had to have it done by today gets through because of the disaster lmaoo. We'll have to wait till the results are out people will start complaining and they'll have to answer for that. The Civil service has changed the process this year to try and be fairer so I'm sure there'll be something in place or hoping so atleast.

For the etray last year, there were multiple scenarios so I assume they will be presented with new background info so will not have any advantage beyond having completed a dry run of it. It's still not exactly an equal playing field but not too bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caravan_Palace
I'm thankful, since even though I'll have to do it again doing the same one is unfair on others; hopefully this one is the same level of difficulty as the original.

I emailed them early morning and still no reply. I may have to shout at them over the phone...

Try emailing again. I emailed them and received a reply within ten minutes but then again it may be because it was a generic question.
Original post by zakiah nasir
Try emailing again. I emailed them and received a reply within ten minutes but then again it may be because it was a generic question.

Did you email [email protected]? I still have no reply from 3 hours ago.
Has anyone else applied to Government Communications and not received a reply yet?
Original post by stochasticking

yep i emailed them. Maybe they're checking your accounts to see if they can recover your E trays?

Very true
Original post by stochasticking

As with me. I don't think it's worth spamming their email but I am annoyed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreeed, I certainly would of finished it that's for sure.
Mine cut out 2 nights ago before I got to the questions. Still waiting for them to reset it as I get the error that I started but didn't complete it. They said this morning it would be reset and let me know but still waiting, but guess this server issue is why I'm still waiting. I just want to do it now!!
I feel for all of you, honestly.

I completed mine with no problems, but I have a feeling that these errors will delay the whole process even further.

#darnit
#Etrayresultsday2017
Original post by gingerwizard
Just finished it though, alot harder than I expected and didn't spend enough time reading through the content in detail prior to taking on the questions. Managed to complete 22 out of 24, and guessed the 23rd one which was probably a bad move. Was a pure guess as well given the question was all about costings and total spends. Oh well, gave it a good go. Wholly don't imagine I will get through after that, with one more minute I'm sure I could of answered the last two. All the best to everyone else.

These were my first thoughts
I am going to do my E tray Today, Worried with all of the cuffufle you guys are mentioning.
Original post by AfricanPrinceXI

I completed mine with no problems, but I have a feeling that these errors will delay the whole process even further.

#darnit
#Etrayresultsday2017

Tell me about it. I was desperate to get it done and get my results now I'm still waiting to do it and I'm getting impatient.

There's clearly so many people waiting to do it and will be like this for a while as the applications are still open for another month.
Original post by AfricanPrinceXI

#darnit
#Etrayresultsday2017

Same, I was hoping that by the end of today and the start of tomorrow they'd have a good baseline score and be able to start passing and amber banding people.

Now it's probably gonna be a good week or two extra.

Quick Reply

Latest