The Student Room Group

Is there loyalist equivalents of 32 county sovereignty movement and republican shin f

Is there loyalist equivalents of 32 County Sovereignty Movement and Republican Shin Fein or is the nearest thing the DUP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hsv
Is there loyalist equivalents of 32 County Sovereignty Movement and Republican Shin Fein or is the nearest thing the DUP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The TUV (Traditional Unionist Voice) are a minor Party with 1 seat in the NI assembly that fit that description, I'd call them the loyalist equivalent to Sinn Fein albeit they are considerably smaller. There's also the orange order that are a hardline unionist pressure group in NI aswell as Scotland.
Reply 2
You mean, essentially, anti-Agreement unionists? Not in any political party, no. TUV, mentioned above, only rejects the St Andrew's Agreement, not to my understanding the Good Friday Agreement. All the major loyalist paramilitaries also backed the Good Friday Agreement, although - as with all of the Northern Ireland paramilitaries that voiced support - they sometimes fall short in observation of it.
Reply 3
Original post by L i b
You mean, essentially, anti-Agreement unionists? Not in any political party, no. TUV, mentioned above, only rejects the St Andrew's Agreement, not to my understanding the Good Friday Agreement. All the major loyalist paramilitaries also backed the Good Friday Agreement, although - as with all of the Northern Ireland paramilitaries that voiced support - they sometimes fall short in observation of it.

I was trying to say are there any political parties linked to unionist paramilitary organisations like 32 county sovereignty movement is linked to real Ira and republican shin fein is linked to Continuity IRA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hsv
I was trying to say are there any political parties linked to unionist paramilitary organisations like 32 county sovereignty movement is linked to real Ira and republican shin fein is linked to Continuity IRA

Posted from TSR Mobile

The PUP are still formally the political wing of the UVF, but the latter, like the Provisional IRA, INLA and the UDA, have been on ceasefire since 1998. While there are some dissident loyalist paramilitaries like Red Hand Defenders and Real UFF, they aren't affiliated to any political party or group.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending