The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lostperson
has anyone still not got a confirmation email?

Their IT System is down and they've said that as a result some people will not have gotten an e-mail. My advice is to e-mail them as they got back to me today saying they received mine a while back.
Original post by studentsixth
Their IT System is down and they've said that as a result some people will not have gotten an e-mail. My advice is to e-mail them as they got back to me today saying they received mine a while back.

What's their email it just says do an online form
Original post by YouHaveProblems
What's their email it just says do an online form

i rang them. they said not to worry as, their system is down. as soon as its back up next week... we will get an acknowledgement :smile:
i rang them. they said not to worry as, their system is down. as soon as its back up next week... we will get an acknowledgement :smile:

Ah okay thanks
For anyone worried about their application portal check their IT Systems twitter page for updates or their internal page
https://twitter.com/kingsitsystems

https://internal.kcl.ac.uk/
Reply 345
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
Applied with only my medicine personal statement. My stats are as follows:

GCSEs: 2A*, 6A, 3B
A-levels (Predicted): A*AA
A-level (Achieved/Early Entry): A (Mathematics)

My UKCAT was 703 average (not a requirement for this course)

Offer: Grades AB. One of the grades must be in Biology, the other grade can be for either Chemistry or Physics.
http://image.prntscr.com/image/c7bc9a9377b14d9ab18dc0f7b30f3a2e.png

Don't fret if you haven't gotten an offer from your biomed/5th choice. 3 girls from my school have much better stats (except UKCAT scores) than me but haven't received any offers yet. There is plenty of time left.

Edit: Note, they did ask me to send them either my A-level Mathematics certificate or results sheet to confirm my results (I thought they could check via UCAS?) and I sent this through their application portal.

Did you apply to Queen Mary for medicine as well
Reply 346
Original post by karishma behera
but don't they say that a Band 3 in SJT is not so good. As in most candidates shortlisted for interview have band 1/2

where else have you applied? Did you put a back-up choice?
You seem so smart looking at your predicted and achieved grades, then how comes you didn't do as good on your ukcat??? Universities will consider this and will still invite you to interview. as long as you do well in the interview, it is fine
Reply 347
What do you reckon the ukcat cut-off score will be this year for KCL?
I am worried it is going to be so high like 700.
Do you know anyone who got in to KCL medicine with a band 3 in ukcat, is it possible or will they get rejected prior to interview?????
Reply 348
remember last year SJT did not count
Original post by 11...
remember last year SJT did not count

won't b over 700... last year ppl with 660 had interviews. scores r lower the year...so probe 650-660
Reply 350
won't b over 700... last year ppl with 660 had interviews. scores r lower the year...so probe 650-660

yay :smile: what did you get for ukcat
Reply 351
getting band 3 was a real shocker. thank god it was band 3, imagine if it was band 4 lol I will be crying
Reply 352
I heard from a friend that taking a language for A level like French, German is an advantage when applying to medicine. Is that actually true? I do Maths, bio, chem, econ
Reply 353
do any of you do EPQ?????/
Reply 354
can't wait to hear back from the universities. hahaha
Reply 355
What are my prospects?

A level predictions - A*AA

GCSE - 5A*s, 3As 1B (english language)

UKCAT - 713, Band 1
Original post by DocPK
What are my prospects?

UKCAT - 713, Band 1

Interview is definite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DocPK
What are my prospects?

UKCAT - 713, Band 1

Definitely have a strong chance at receiving an interview but don't listen to the other person saying its definite, KCL have rejected better applicants before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11...
yay :smile: what did you get for ukcat

700 on the dot, band 2 you? xx
Original post by 11...
I heard from a friend that taking a language for A level like French, German is an advantage when applying to medicine. Is that actually true? I do Maths, bio, chem, econ

nope...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending