The Student Room Group

Ucas Proof - Important Urgent!

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi

So i got a conditional offer from a university asking for proof of my Eu status and proof i have an As level.

For the proof of my Eu status, i understand that i need to bring my passport on enrolment day.
For proof i have a full "As" grade at a pass, i need to bring a certificate or at least a confirmation of my results which must be stamped and on headed paper.

Since its the same As levels that i am studying in A levels, i don't think my school will give me a seperate certificate as i am continuing it.

As for the confirmation of my results, i can easily go to my sixth form on Monday and ask for a copy of my results. Though i got a grade D for English literature and language, for Media Studies it was originally a grade D but since i was two marks off a grade C it got remarked to a grade C.

On my copy of results, will it have the old grade for media or the new grade of C on my results sheet. Also i don't think my results are on headed paper or stamped, so how do i get it stamped and on headed paper.

Please help!
Original post by SabithaK
Hi

So i got a conditional offer from a university asking for proof of my Eu status and proof i have an As level.

For the proof of my Eu status, i understand that i need to bring my passport on enrolment day.
For proof i have a full "As" grade at a pass, i need to bring a certificate or at least a confirmation of my results which must be stamped and on headed paper.

Since its the same As levels that i am studying in A levels, i don't think my school will give me a seperate certificate as i am continuing it.

As for the confirmation of my results, i can easily go to my sixth form on Monday and ask for a copy of my results. Though i got a grade D for English literature and language, for Media Studies it was originally a grade D but since i was two marks off a grade C it got remarked to a grade C.

On my copy of results, will it have the old grade for media or the new grade of C on my results sheet. Also i don't think my results are on headed paper or stamped, so how do i get it stamped and on headed paper.

Please help!

I would say speak to someone at your school about how you can do this, I'm sure they will be accommodating.
Reply 3
Original post by CatusStarbright
I would say speak to someone at your school about how you can do this, I'm sure they will be accommodating.

I have emailed my school head teacher. Hopefully, he will be able to print a copy of my As results stamped and on headed paper, with my remarked grade.
Reply 4
Hi

For one of my universities on track, the condition is to get proof that I have a full AS level.

I originally got a grade D in Media and then it was remarked to a C grade. If I go to the exam office at my school, and ask for a copy of my results sheet. I know they will print it off for me. But, will it have my old As grade of D or my remarked grade of a C.

Can you request As certificates from your sixth form or college, if you are continuing that subject in A2. Since, for As I received As grade C for OCR Media Studies. Though I am continuing Media Studies by studying the same course in A level. So can I get a certificate that I have received a grade C for my As media.

Also, when a university wants proof you have an As level, and they want it stamped and on headed paper what do you do, since normally results sheet isn't on headed paper and isn't stamped.

Please answer.
I have emailed my school head teacher. Hopefully, he will be able to print a copy of my As results stamped and on headed paper, with my remarked grade.

I'm sure that can be arranged for you - if not, just raise hell haha
Reply 6
I'm sure that can be arranged for you - if not, just raise hell haha

I'm very nervous and scary, I am already a very shy person.

If I ask my head teacher to print a copy of my As results on headed paper and that he needs to stamp it, do you think he will?

Also, first for Media I got a grade D, but then my teacher sent it for remark and it got marked to a grade C, will the results sheet have my updated results.
I'm very nervous and scary, I am already a very shy person.

If I ask my head teacher to print a copy of my As results on headed paper and that he needs to stamp it, do you think he will?

Also, first for Media I got a grade D, but then my teacher sent it for remark and it got marked to a grade C, will the results sheet have my updated results.

I'm sure he will, it's not a big ask. And I presume it will have your updated result - check with your headteacher.
Reply 8
I'm sure he will, it's not a big ask. And I presume it will have your updated result - check with your headteacher.

So will my results sheet copy have my updated media grade.

Also if i ask my head teacher that it has to be on headed paper and stamped, if i explain why, will he definetly do it for me.
So will my results sheet copy have my updated media grade.

Also if i ask my head teacher that it has to be on headed paper and stamped, if i explain why, will he definetly do it for me.

I don't know for sure, but I think that will be the case. Your headteacher is the one to ask.
Reply 10
I don't know for sure, but I think that will be the case. Your headteacher is the one to ask.

But normally after a remark, doesnt the copy of the results have the updated results.
But normally after a remark, doesnt the copy of the results have the updated results.

Ask your headteacher these questions, he and only he can answer them for definite.
Hi

For one of my universities on track, the condition is to get proof that I have a full AS level.

I originally got a grade D in Media and then it was remarked to a C grade. If I go to the exam office at my school, and ask for a copy of my results sheet. I know they will print it off for me. But, will it have my old As grade of D or my remarked grade of a C.

Can you request As certificates from your sixth form or college, if you are continuing that subject in A2. Since, for As I received As grade C for OCR Media Studies. Though I am continuing Media Studies by studying the same course in A level. So can I get a certificate that I have received a grade C for my As media.

Also, when a university wants proof you have an As level, and they want it stamped and on headed paper what do you do, since normally results sheet isn't on headed paper and isn't stamped.

Please answer.

My understanding is you will no longer have that As by September, as you lose the AS if you complete the full A Level so if they are wanting a full AS it needs to be in a subject you have dropped
Original post by AlexS101
My understanding is you will no longer have that As by September, as you lose the AS if you complete the full A Level so if they are wanting a full AS it needs to be in a subject you have dropped

No, if you sat the AS exams as a separate certification it is completed, regardless of whether it then becomes invalid on the completion of your A2 exams. You completed the AS course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending