The Student Room Group

If a guy says ' I loved you at one point' what does it mean?

A guy I dated said this to me, although he also made it clear he doesn't want me back
Original post by Anonymous
A guy I dated said this to me, although he also made it clear he doesn't want me back

It means exactly what it says.
It means he only wants to sleep with you X

Sorry not paying attention to the fact he said it some time ago rather than it being the present.

Doh not paying attention.
If he said it in the past, then he probably said it without meaning it to make himself look sensitive and agree with the others it was more likely to get or continue sex.

Move on and always treat it with a pinch of salt unless they give you additional reasons to believe them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4

The statement itself is the answer to your question.

At one point in time, with no specified time in particular, he loved you.
Reply 5
He loved the sex, not you.
No he didn't necessarily "love" you. It's funny how everyone's accusing him instantly of him just wanting something, though, he probably might have. Anyway, there's a good chance that he was just infatuated with you and didn't "love" you. Research the difference.
Means what it says. Though I do wonder why people bother saying such useless statements
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Means what it says. Though I do wonder why people bother saying such useless statements

Why is it useless form someone to say they love someone else?
If anything people dont say it enough.
Original post by 999tigger
Why is it useless form someone to say they love someone else?
If anything people dont say it enough.

I'd agree with that, but "I loved you once" is useless.
Reply 10
it means he loved you once, but not anymore.
It's just infatuation and it's highly unlikely to be 'Love'. Boys do that and they don't know how much it hurts for a girl. They love doing it.
It means he really loved you but you hurt him and now he wants nothing to do with you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I'd agree with that, but "I loved you once" is useless.

What if it only applied that time?
Original post by 999tigger
What if it only applied that time?

Well yeah "I loved you once" implies that he only loved a person at one particular time, but making that fact known does... what? Confuse people a little bit? great.
Original post by mkap
it means he loved you once, but not anymore.

I mean seriously
Reply 16
Original post by SmashConcept
I mean seriously

im confused?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending