The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Historicity
Same, I was hoping that by the end of today and the start of tomorrow they'd have a good baseline score and be able to start passing and amber banding people.

Now it's probably gonna be a good week or two extra.

I feel there will be a minimum of a 2 week delay but could be upwards to a month. Thousands of test results have been screwed up.
Original post by stochasticking
I feel there will be a minimum of a 2 week delay but could be upwards to a month. Thousands of test results have been screwed up.

Screwed up. How so?
Hi guys. Anyone else applying for SDIP?

I'm so worried about the SJT- It's a god send for me that verbal and numerical isn't tested this year, but I have a feeling that means the SJT is only going to be harder. Apparently the civil service ones are very specific too- which makes me even more worried. I'm reading through their values etc, but i feel that won't be enough! Some of the online SJT's are also either too obvious. Anyone else experience this?
Original post by internshipseeker
Hi guys. Anyone else applying for SDIP?

I'm so worried about the SJT- It's a god send for me that verbal and numerical isn't tested this year, but I have a feeling that means the SJT is only going to be harder. Apparently the civil service ones are very specific too- which makes me even more worried. I'm reading through their values etc, but i feel that won't be enough! Some of the online SJT's are also either too obvious. Anyone else experience this?

They're actually okay. For the SJT just pick the ones you think are both most like you and which is suitable to do in a business environment. I went overboard with prep and read their handbook on competencies and took God knows how many tests. Granted, I passed but it looks like everyone who has heard back has passed so I wouldn't stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucyJane
For the etray last year, there were multiple scenarios so I assume they will be presented with new background info so will not have any advantage beyond having completed a dry run of it. It's still not exactly an equal playing field but not too bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure? I don't remember anyone discussing different scenarios on here last year.
Is the e-tray more difficult than last year's?
Did we all get the same scenario with the e-tray, or do they have a few different ones?
Original post by Kneale
Are you sure? I don't remember anyone discussing different scenarios on here last year.

Hmmm you're making me question whether it was the etray.. there is certainly different ones at fsac for the policy and leadership exercises. For the etray, it would make sense they would have a backup scenario at least for individuals that do experience some kind of technical issues and have to have the etray reset surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 628
Anyone who applied for the finance option heard back? Applied on the 29th but still yet to hear anything after the SJTs, getting a little worried now - especially after a friend had an invite for her E-tray, albeit a different path.
Original post by Kneale
Is the e-tray more difficult than last year's?

It is the same level of difficulty in my opinion, although last year there was an additional exercise at the end of the etray.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hannah__
Did we all get the same scenario with the e-tray, or do they have a few different ones?

As far as I know, we all have the same one. It makes sense since my desired areas aren't exactly reflective of the scenario. Maybe if someone is doing a financial stream I could see how it's different, but they all require the same core skills.
Due to what you guys are saying about messed up E-Trays, I'm assuming Trump will be President before we get any results
Original post by whyamianadult
Due to what you guys are saying about messed up E-Trays, I'm assuming Trump will be President before we get any results

Maybe a Trump presidency will abolish assessments for applying to jobs. Guy's not the smartest pea in the pod. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KJSwale
Screwed up. How so?

Well the results haven't been submitted so we have to resit the e-tray exercise.
I don't remember anyone talking about different e-trays last year and I followed the thread from
the start lol. If I remember rightly, my e-tray last year was about being based in a foreign country and about a crop project, etc.
Hmmm you're making me question whether it was the etray.. there is certainly different ones at fsac for the policy and leadership exercises. For the etray, it would make sense they would have a backup scenario at least for individuals that do experience some kind of technical issues and have to have the etray reset surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even stranger, as everyone in my FSAC had the same leadership and policy review exercise, we could tell as not everyone had them in the same order, so we're able to discuss in the waiting room.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pangeasink
I think there were different e trays last year, I was reading the thread a few days ago and I'm sure someone's mentioned having a international based e tray (they though it was because they had applied to the DS) and others said they had different ones and they weren't themed to their stream but i could be interpreting it wrong?

I think possibly the people who applied in the second wave (analytical streams last year had two application periods) probably had a different e-tray to the first wave, that would make sense.
Original post by Kneale
Even stranger, as everyone in my FSAC had the same leadership and policy review exercise, we could tell as not everyone had them in the same order, so we're able to discuss in the waiting room.

It may be between different days. A friend who applied for same stream as me last year and who had fsac following day had different topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It may be between different days. A friend who applied for same stream as me last year and who had fsac following day had different topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My leadership exercise was about schools and my policy review was about funding for under5s/16-18 year olds.
This may seem like a silly question, but this is for all those that have applied to the Civil Service Fast Stream 2017.

Whats the probability of me been based in London?

Thing is, I'm from the North-West and would like to be based in Manchester area. But obviously with it been the Government I presume it is London-centric. It states on the website that for some schemes (particularly ones I applied too) like Digital & Tech Stream it is Nationwide.

I feel like there is a high chance i'll need to work from London which means i'll have to be away from my partner for long periods.

I'm asking because I am not sure how flexible the programme is with location, as I also don't drive and it seems many grad schemes require both mobility/flexibility and for you to drive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending