The Student Room Group

Apparently I'm super arrogant

I am rather annoyed that most people (if not all of them) call me super arrogant. I don't understand what it is I do that makes them say that about me.

Here are a few accusations I've had:
- don't give ill people advice on how to get better and stronger (I thought that was a good thing)
- don't correct people (if something isn't correct, it's only natural to say the correct thing.. I think that's logical)
- don't interrupt people (I try not to)
- don't say you just know everything about a specific subject without proof (What proof do they want anyway? I know it all. What do they want me to do? To iterate everything I know? That could take years. It's not my fault they don't believe me.)

Argh anyway. I don't really care about it that much but it's just annoying.

Scroll to see replies

Have the people you annoyed been girls? If so, ignore them.
Reply 2
It did get to you a bit to be making a thread about it though. I think you should just ignore them mate.
Original post by BobBobson

When the edgelording is just too strong.

Attachment not found
As pointed out you do care.

Perhaps its not just what you do, but the way you do it?
Original post by Orbital Rising
When the edgelording is just too strong.

Attachment not found

Lol it's true, girls will always find a critique with anything you do.
Reply 6
Just be you.
Reply 7

Mostly girls, recently a man.
Reply 8
Don't do drugs stay in school and don't bost being arrogant and being rude are different maybe whoever calls you arrogant needs to look it up n the dictionary
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
As pointed out you do care.

Perhaps its not just what you do, but the way you do it?

It's both, I've been told.
Original post by 571122
It's both, I've been told.

If you have problems in interviews as well, then perhaps you ought to take a step back and have a chat with someone you cna trust about how you come across?
Reply 11
If you have problems in interviews as well, then perhaps you ought to take a step back and have a chat with someone you cna trust about how you come across?

I did that - and oddly enough I didn't come off as arrogant to them. I hate this randomness.
Original post by 571122
I did that - and oddly enough I didn't come off as arrogant to them. I hate this randomness.

well thats one person v many? If you dont think you are, then ignore them. If you still keep getting the same feedback from strangers, then look at it again.

What the **** is wrong with you/your keyboard? Why do you always type "cna" ?
Reply 14
In that case tell the

A: its rude to call people rude (if they say your calling them rude and your a hippocrit then say you were only saying what its rude to do)

And B: tell them not to do what you say :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
What the **** is wrong with you/your keyboard? Why do you always type "cna" ?

Oh I do apologise anonymous person. Lame you have to hide.
Is this a legit thread? :colonhash:
Lol it's true, girls will always find a critique with anything you do.

Wow what a sweeping comment. Generalising all girls much?? Lol :biggrin:
Original post by Asiangirl_18
Wow what a sweeping comment. Generalising all girls much?? Lol :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah, I know #notallgirls . Most Girls then.
Yeah, yeah, I know #notallgirls . Most Girls then.

Haha its true. Probably why there are more girls who are Eng Lit students in general. Theyr good at analysing every single word anyone has to say, specially what lads say :wink: lol

Quick Reply

Latest