The Student Room Group

I cant find a game to play anymore???

I think alot of people have been at this stage before, I cant seem to find any new/old game to play anymore. Ive played most types of games from WOW to CSGO and even league. I find most games enjoyable that are competitive in a sense and having team playability.
Im very excited for skyrim remastered but I still want to find something new?
Any suggestions i will make sure to have a look into :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Splishsplash1
I think alot of people have been at this stage before, I cant seem to find any new/old game to play anymore. Ive played most types of games from WOW to CSGO and even league. I find most games enjoyable that are competitive in a sense and having team playability.

play fallout 4 imho
Reply 2
It's single player but Ghost of a Tale. It's an Early Access but I got 7 hours worth of gameplay! It's beautiful. It's like Redwall crossed with Zelda crossed with Dark Souls. It's very nostalgic and is a stealth, puzzle-solving, dungeon-crawling (sort of) RPG. You play as Tilo, a minstrel mouse imprisioned in Dwindling Heights, you have to escape, find your wife and solve the many mysteries. It's not a hardcore stealth game, it's big in exploration and characters. Each character is well-developed with lots of dialogue, each has their own theme. This game is just so beautiful and nostalgic you won't regret it. There's so much stuff to collect (Early Access and already 4 outfits!) and some side quests as well. It's mainly been created by one person, who is also a Dreamworks animator. And well, there's nothing like throwing bottles at rats' heads and singing rude songs!

Also have you played Trine? If not, try that, it's funny and has the option for two players. And The Bard's Tale.
I bought fallout 4 and put it down after 2 days...ehhh
but bloodborne - now *that* is a good game. and if you're a fan of MGS - MGSV is a good game too if you can forgive the slightly disappointing storyline compared to the other games.
Original post by sleepysnooze
I bought fallout 4 and put it down after 2 days...ehhh
but bloodborne - now *that* is a good game. and if you're a fan of MGS - MGSV is a good game too if you can forgive the slightly disappointing storyline compared to the other games.

Ill have to second that, i put it down after 1 day and completed the main story and the world just felt empty and no point of most of the side quests. Im a massive fallout fan and completed fallout 3 and new vegas 100x over with and without the manual. But fallout 4 was a dissapointment imo :frown: sad but true
Original post by Crabb1ey
It's single player but Ghost of a Tale. It's an Early Access but I got 7 hours worth of gameplay! It's beautiful. It's like Redwall crossed with Zelda crossed with Dark Souls. It's very nostalgic and is a stealth, puzzle-solving, dungeon-crawling (sort of) RPG. You play as Tilo, a minstrel mouse imprisioned in Dwindling Heights, you have to escape, find your wife and solve the many mysteries. It's not a hardcore stealth game, it's big in exploration and characters. Each character is well-developed with lots of dialogue, each has their own theme. This game is just so beautiful and nostalgic you won't regret it. There's so much stuff to collect (Early Access and already 4 outfits!) and some side quests as well. It's mainly been created by one person, who is also a Dreamworks animator. And well, there's nothing like throwing bottles at rats' heads and singing rude songs!

Also have you played Trine? If not, try that, it's funny and has the option for two players. And The Bard's Tale.

Ill have to give it a go. Thanks man! :smile: I havnt tried trine or bards tale but i have heard good things...
Ill have to second that, i put it down after 1 day and completed the main story and the world just felt empty and no point of most of the side quests. Im a massive fallout fan and completed fallout 3 and new vegas 100x over with and without the manual. But fallout 4 was a dissapointment imo :frown: sad but true

I thought fallout 3 was boring but I bought 4 because it was £12 at CEX
I played the first couple of missions and just *kept* dying needlessly by random bugs and ****, and had no ammo most of the time even when conserving it. that ws my issue, my exact same issue, with fallout 3...
Overwatch
Original post by mrsweg59
Overwatch

I forgot I bought that game haha
The Last of Us and Uncharted 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't see how you can complete fallout 4 in one day?
I thought fallout 3 was boring but I bought 4 because it was £12 at CEX
I played the first couple of missions and just *kept* dying needlessly by random bugs and ****, and had no ammo most of the time even when conserving it. that ws my issue, my exact same issue, with fallout 3...

Granted it is hard to begin with. You have to put it on very easy, and find the power armour and mini gun to kill the first death claw. my mate is stuck on that, but after you kill him, and build your first settlement, and then start unlocking Preston's quests, it gets a lot easier. Bethesda have basically taken the best points from Skyrim, and wrapped them up in a fallout setting. Did you also figure out how to use VATS (time paused targeting??)

PS when you figure out how to discover, and then strip and rebuild settlements, only to strip them and repeat the process, it becomes a dream!
halo 5 :biggrin:
gears 4
Ill have to give it a go. Thanks man! :smile: I havnt tried trine or bards tale but i have heard good things...

No problem! The Bard's Tale I played is the 2009 parody version, so lots of 4th wall breaks. And Trine is very funny.

Ghost of a Tale is worth buying now as once it's complete the price will increase.

If you like Journey or Flower, the director released a new game this year - ABZU. It's not too long but it's very pretty if you want a game to wind down to.

Never Alone is another game I enjoyed, it's not for everyone but it's pretty unique as it's a retelling of an Inuit tale. It's also very graphically demanding, more so than Ori and the Blind Forest (play this if you haven't as it's a masterpiece that reduced me to tears at the end!). Never Alone wouldn't actually load up until I'd updated my graphics. The best way to describe it would be if Studio Ghibli made a game. It's got that kind of a story.

For your mobile or PC - The Room series by Fireproof Game. Atmospheric, creepy, puzzle game.
Original post by john2054

Granted it is hard to begin with. You have to put it on very easy, and find the power armour and mini gun to kill the first death claw. my mate is stuck on that, but after you kill him, and build your first settlement, and then start unlocking Preston's quests, it gets a lot easier. Bethesda have basically taken the best points from Skyrim, and wrapped them up in a fallout setting. Did you also figure out how to use VATS (time paused targeting??)

PS when you figure out how to discover, and then strip and rebuild settlements, only to strip them and repeat the process, it becomes a dream!

I got the power armour + gun and ran out of ammo with it - and the suit got too damaged very quickly - and I'm not even a bad player - I played it on normal
Original post by john2054

I stayed up till midnight on launch waiting for that play button to appear on steam and just jumped on it and played it through the night and through the next day so about 1day and a half. When i say completed i mean the main story line (piece of piss) and i did some side quests but skipped all the settlement BS. I think bethesda really did try to reach out to new players on thsi one and forgot about the fans. Really did lack content and feel for the game.
I got the power armour + gun and ran out of ammo with it - and the suit got too damaged very quickly - and I'm not even a bad player - I played it on normal

You can play with the death claws AI and just run into a bulidning and shoot it from afar...EZ
Original post by Crabb1ey
No problem! The Bard's Tale I played is the 2009 parody version, so lots of 4th wall breaks. And Trine is very funny.

Ghost of a Tale is worth buying now as once it's complete the price will increase.

If you like Journey or Flower, the director released a new game this year - ABZU. It's not too long but it's very pretty if you want a game to wind down to.

Never Alone is another game I enjoyed, it's not for everyone but it's pretty unique as it's a retelling of an Inuit tale. It's also very graphically demanding, more so than Ori and the Blind Forest (play this if you haven't as it's a masterpiece that reduced me to tears at the end!). Never Alone wouldn't actually load up until I'd updated my graphics. The best way to describe it would be if Studio Ghibli made a game. It's got that kind of a story.

For your mobile or PC - The Room series by Fireproof Game. Atmospheric, creepy, puzzle game.

Ill have to see if i can run Never alone. I think it shouldnt be a problem :smile:
I stayed up till midnight on launch waiting for that play button to appear on steam and just jumped on it and played it through the night and through the next day so about 1day and a half. When i say completed i mean the main story line (piece of piss) and i did some side quests but skipped all the settlement BS. I think bethesda really did try to reach out to new players on thsi one and forgot about the fans. Really did lack content and feel for the game.

I haven't been playing it that way. I have been taking my time to build up the settlements, and also doing the dlc. You know there is now a radiation arch which lets you clear all of your rads by getting wet.

Yes i had to put it on easy to kill the death claw, and it took at least an hour of save to restarts, to beat it. Then i put it on very easy cos i didn't like being stretched out so bad. Now i have put it back to easy, and i have got a upgraded shot gun with lazer sites and mega damage and super speed reload, which is just the best gun in the world for close encounters. I still run out of ammo pretty quick, but i carry around about five or six different calibre weapons, and keep on picking up the ammo from my vanquished, plus by selling the spoils of war, i can make a healthy reward on most missions. Did you get to diamond city yet on the south of the map sleepysnooze? That really is a pivitol point in the game, when you discover the traders there, who can give you pretty much unlimited access to junk and ammo, for building, upgrading and shooting with respectively!

John.

MOBAs? LoL DotA Smite Overwatch HotS HoN

Or more RPGs? Skyrim Fallout Dark Souls

Quick Reply

Latest