The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer

So I have already gained AAB and I have applied to study Econ at Manchester. I am taking both Maths and Physics on this gap year predicted A* and A respectively. Manchester have however sent me an offer of AA in both physics and maths. I was sure that this uni would have been an unconditional.

Is it fair that I've already achieved the grades for the university for them only to add more conditions to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nemanuel96
So I have already gained AAB and I have applied to study Econ at Manchester. I am taking both Maths and Physics on this gap year predicted A* and A respectively. Manchester have however sent me an offer of AA in both physics and maths. I was sure that this uni would have been an unconditional.

Is it fair that I've already achieved the grades for the university for them only to add more conditions to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you re resitting maths and physics? It can be something that unis do if someone's resitting but no harm in calling them for clarification
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
So you re resitting maths and physics? It can be something that unis do if someone's resitting but no harm in calling them for clarification

I'm not resitting Maths and Physics, I'm just taking Maths and Physics in one year. I already have the AAB, the Maths and Physics are two separate subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not resitting Maths and Physics, I'm just taking Maths and Physics in one year. I already have the AAB, the Maths and Physics are two separate subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are subjects are the grades you already have? If they aren't as relevant to econ then they might not consider them as part of your offer and if it's the bsc then one A has to be in maths according to their website.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
What are subjects are the grades you already have? If they aren't as relevant to econ then they might not consider them as part of your offer and if it's the bsc then one A has to be in maths according to their website.

I went for the BA with Social Studies. The subjects were Law, Psychology and Statistics. I purposely avoided the BSc as there is the compulsory requirement of Maths. I would have thought Law and Statistics would have been useful...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went for the BA with Social Studies. The subjects were Law, Psychology and Statistics. I purposely avoided the BSc as there is the compulsory requirement of Maths. I would have thought Law and Statistics would have been useful...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see,give them a call for clarification I think
Reply 6
They seemed to have made a mistake and changed the requirement to one A grade (no specific subject). Everything is sorted now. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thank you! Yeah, Maths will always be my priority. If Physics gets unbearably difficult then I'll just drop it and devout my time to just Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending