The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamiebb1993
But from what I understand there haven't been any successful people from London, Newcastle, Manchester and potentially Belfast? Just getting this from the thread though.

I really wonder which circumstances outside their control are affecting all these regions. Moreover, clearly in Birmingham it was solved in a few hours and yet the rest of us are still waiting?

So frustrating, so many delays. From what I've read on other threads it doesn't get any easier even if you get the job. Pre employment checks are taking forever.

No word for me yet in Belfast and I have not heard of anyone getting an interview invite, just the delay e-mails.
Original post by PNsox2016
No word for me yet in Belfast and I have not heard of anyone getting an interview invite, just the delay e-mails.

There was someone who had a rejection from Belfast. A few pages up
Original post by Husk24
@triggster999

Thanks for ur email.

Can you give example of the additional questions? was it like ' did you face any challenges?' Etc

Was the main question as simple as give example when you have demonstrated managing a quality service or was it bit trickier and they read one of the behaviours in the competence?

Hi the additional questions were specific to my example so not generic.

The main questions was can you give an example of when you have managed a quality service.

Best of luck
Original post by Pmakgreb
There was someone who had a rejection from Belfast. A few pages up

Yeah, I seen that, think they got it over the weekend and I heard one other got a rejection over weekend too but I have had nothing but delay apologies.

Don't know what it means but Id wish they would tell me one way or other cos my thumbs are getting sore refreshing my e-mails lol
Reply 584
Has anyone that has had an interview been told when the roles will begin?
hiya i have my interview later today (Cardiff). I was just wondering if anyone else Is feeling like they don't know much about the HEO job - im sure the original description was very broad and vague, and I forgot to save it after I applied / did the tests. So im now worried what i'll say when they ask why I want the job - I don't know much about what it involves?! does anyone?!
Reply 586
Original post by ellemewo
hiya i have my interview later today (Cardiff). I was just wondering if anyone else Is feeling like they don't know much about the HEO job - im sure the original description was very broad and vague, and I forgot to save it after I applied / did the tests. So im now worried what i'll say when they ask why I want the job - I don't know much about what it involves?! does anyone?!

Go into the portal, click on the job title and on the right hand side you will have the option to view the original job description.

Hope that helps and good luck with your interview :smile:
They asked me why HMRC but not why the specific role. The candidate pack indicates that people may get places in different workstreams depending on their strengths.
Original post by Vereor
Go into the portal, click on the job title and on the right hand side you will have the option to view the original job description.

Hope that helps and good luck with your interview :smile:

hiya, thanks so much for your reply, sorry I don't understand where to find the portal?! I'm sure I tried to log in to Civil Service jobs though the other day and the HMRC one is not even listed in my application history. Other than that I have no idea how to find it. I really need to start saving JDs and PS's haha! always forget!! Thank you
Reply 589
Original post by ellemewo
hiya, thanks so much for your reply, sorry I don't understand where to find the portal?! I'm sure I tried to log in to Civil Service jobs though the other day and the HMRC one is not even listed in my application history. Other than that I have no idea how to find it. I really need to start saving JDs and PS's haha! always forget!! Thank you

Are you sure? If that's the case then I'm baffled.

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi

Login on the top right, then click applications. It's not there?
Original post by Vereor
Are you sure? If that's the case then I'm baffled.

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi

Login on the top right, then click applications. It's not there?

This campaign was ran through the ManPower website, it doesn't link applications with the Civil Service Jobs portal.
Reply 591
Original post by dontcallmesammy
This campaign was ran through the ManPower website, it doesn't link applications with the Civil Service Jobs portal.

Ah, I see.

The same campaign (ref 042R) was run internally first, through CSR. My apologies.
Anyone from NEWCASTLE been rejected or invited for interview yet? Only had emails regarding the delays!

Thank you so much! :smile:
Just for info (or not as the case seems to be)...

image.jpg
Got an interview for Newcastle, yay!
Reply 597
Yey congratulations! When did you find out & when will it be? Good luck!
Got an email just over an hour ago saying that I have got through to the interview stage for Belfast.

Good luck everyone else waiting on news!
Reply 599
Original post by theduffman82
Got an email just over an hour ago saying that I have got through to the interview stage for Belfast.

Good luck everyone else waiting on news!

Great news! Good Luck! Still waiting in Liverpool.