The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

BA (Hons) Business (Top-Up) in University of Kent?

Is there is anyone who applied for Business Top-Up degree in UKC?
Reply 1
Hiya,
Slightly late, but I've got a place to start this September. Are you starting too?
:smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DanniAl
Hiya,
Slightly late, but I've got a place to start this September. Are you starting too?
:smile:

Hello!
The pre-sessional course has been starting already anyway. And yes, I am currently studying at Kent.
Have you started the course too?
Hello, i am currently looking at doing this course next september :smile: can you tell me what qualifications you had prior to starting if you don't mind and how is the course so far?
Reply 4
Original post by jimjimeney
Hello, i am currently looking at doing this course next september :smile: can you tell me what qualifications you had prior to starting if you don't mind and how is the course so far?

Hello. Sure. They require HND with merit profile or foundation degree and English proficiency test (for international students). Honestly, I am in love with the university and the surrounding itself. The people here are friendly and it is peaceful. Course-wise, I would say I am quite happy as it suits me well. If I may suggest, it will be great to go the course details online and check for the modules offered to BA (Hons) Business Top-Up students. Hope this helps :smile:
Thanks for the great reply, once the course is finished is the qualification held in the same regard as doing a normal business degree? Finally, how many days and hours are you in? Many Thanks
Reply 6
Thanks for the great reply, once the course is finished is the qualification held in the same regard as doing a normal business degree? Finally, how many days and hours are you in? Many Thanks

You're welcome! When the course is finished, you will be awarded with BA (Hons) Business degree - which is a normal business degree. However, I notice that actually Kent themselves do not offer BA (Hons) Business degree for students that starts the whole 3 to 4 years, that is the only distinction, but not a big deal really. Days and hours depend on the modules that you choose. I opted for the dissertation module, which is worth 30 credits and focuses on independent study - hence, I do not have much study hours for this module. From the modules that I am taking, I got 3 hours lecture, 2 hours seminar and 3 hours workshop; and two days off during the weekdays.
Original post by ishb_
You're welcome! When the course is finished, you will be awarded with BA (Hons) Business degree - which is a normal business degree. However, I notice that actually Kent themselves do not offer BA (Hons) Business degree for students that starts the whole 3 to 4 years, that is the only distinction, but not a big deal really. Days and hours depend on the modules that you choose. I opted for the dissertation module, which is worth 30 credits and focuses on independent study - hence, I do not have much study hours for this module. From the modules that I am taking, I got 3 hours lecture, 2 hours seminar and 3 hours workshop; and two days off during the weekdays.

Did you have an interview for this course?
Reply 8
Did you have an interview for this course?

I didn't. Most likely because I am an international student, although I'm not sure whether an interview will be used for assessment or not.
Reply 9
Hello,

Not sure if any of you are still following this thread, Hope you all did well on this program!!

Im looking for some information on the exams you do and how many compulsory modules and optionals modules you have, if any of you can help that would be great :smile: also how was the transition form HND to Degree?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ishb_
I didn't. Most likely because I am an international student, although I'm not sure whether an interview will be used for assessment or not.

Greetings of the day!

I've completed a 2-Year Diploma Program from Miami Ad School, Berlin. Would this diploma be equivalent to a HND as offered in the UK? I'm an international student from India, have done my A-Levels in the UK and have interned with various companies around the world as a part of my program.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending