The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theduffman82
I haven't had the call. My checks aren't even showing as completed yet so I'm feeling well and truly left behind at the minute.

Same for me. They have not really started mine as they asked me for ID even though they already had it at Moira house when I handed it in a few weeks ago and they advised it could take 20 working days from when the ID arrives with them.

So I could be mid November before my final checks are complete.

Good luck to the ones that are getting the call. Hopefully I won't be too far behind
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 341
Yeah no calls here yet. I imagine it will be a day or two, but it's good to know it's happening.
Original post by PapaSmurf46
Same for me. They have not really started mine as they asked me for ID even though they already had it at Moira house when I handed it in a few weeks ago and they advised it could take 20 working days from when the ID arrives with them.

So I could be mid November before my final checks are complete.

Good luck to the ones that are getting the call. Hopefully I won't be too far behind

I left mine in at Custom House itself. Lady from CSR took control of the whole thing told me to go down to Custom House. If I were you I would look into that because it wouldn't surprise me if your details are still at Moira House not having been sent off or nothing. They don't seem to know much about anything there.
Reply 343
A guy in my office on the same campaign just got offered a position in Lisburn. No start date yet though. I guess we won't all be in custom house.
Original post by MikalM
A guy in my office on the same campaign just got offered a position in Lisburn. No start date yet though. I guess we won't all be in custom house.

That's interesting! Did he only get a call for notice period yesterday too? Or do you already work for HMRC and transferring?
is he on the 2066 campaign? Do you know if he had a choice to wait or if he was just told he had to go to Lisburn if he wanted the job? Aren't the positions supposed to be in Belfast?
Original post by MikalM

Which campaign are you Mikal?
Reply 347
Original post by Mirror.It
is he on the 2066 campaign?

I thought that said 'was he on the 2006 campaign'.

Which would be about right given how long this process is taking!
Reply 348
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Which campaign are you Mikal?

Just had my call too, also for Lisburn! I was the 2066/15 campaign too. woman named Jackie called me up and asked if I wanted to take up the post.

She said they would write to me within a few days with confirmed start date, ideally looking to take up post in 6-8 weeks.
Original post by MikalM
Just had my call too, also for Lisburn! I was the 2066/15 campaign too. woman named Jackie called me up and asked if I wanted to take up the post.

She said they would write to me within a few days with confirmed start date, ideally looking to take up post in 6-8 weeks.

Lol, me too. Offered analyst position......I clean forgot to confirm at what grade so hoping it is the same and I haven't just accepted an AO role. 6-8 week start date as well. Did she confirm your role?
Ah was this all from a no caller ID number? I was stuck on the work phone!!!
Original post by Cass1988

It was a 0300 number which is since constantly engaged! Fingers crossed for you!
Reply 352
That's interesting! Did he only get a call for notice period yesterday too? Or do you already work for HMRC and transferring?

They didn't actually ask me about notice at all. I work with the Child Maintenance Service at the minute which is under NI Civil Service, so I'm not sure if it counts as a transfer or not.
Reply 353

Yeah it was from a private number. :smile:
Reply 354
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Lol, me too. Offered analyst position......I clean forgot to confirm at what grade so hoping it is the same and I haven't just accepted an AO role. 6-8 week start date as well. Did she confirm your role?

No she didn't actually confirm the role at all... lol. Hopefully that will be on the letter they're sending out.

Having to travel to Lisburn will be a pain initially until I can work out what's most cost effective in driving or commuting.
Original post by MikalM

Hmm interesting indeed. Would actually be better in the short term until the new Regional Centre opens but then again as I said before... the people I was speaking to there didn't seem to have a clue about anything
Awesome. Congrats all so far. Hope they call back again haha. Hate when people like that don't leave a number or voicemail haha. Thanks everyone.
Original post by MikalM
No she didn't actually confirm the role at all... lol. Hopefully that will be on the letter they're sending out.

Having to travel to Lisburn will be a pain initially until I can work out what's most cost effective in driving or commuting.

Analyst? Is that not like a completely different job and a completely different grade to what this campaign was?
Reply 358
Original post by Jamz115
Analyst? Is that not like a completely different job and a completely different grade to what this campaign was?

Not necessarily. Operational Delivery would cover this.
Original post by MikalM
Not necessarily. Operational Delivery would cover this.

Oh I see. What exactly would that involve

Latest

Trending

Trending