The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Still nothing by email but logged into my account this morning and it says unsuccessful for online tests. Ah well! Good luck to everyone still going!
I am waiting for my deadline to be reset which expired yesterday. They emailed me telling me not to do it as my reasonable adjustments were not applied but I still got expiry reminders which was disconcerting. They have reassured me twice more it's ok and they will sort it out.

I feel almost glad I am not sitting it this week, no offence to those struggling with the system.
Original post by KJSwale
Mines finally been fixed so I can sit my etray tonight. Finally.

Did they send you an email telling you they'd fixed it? How much of an extension did they give you?

I sent an email yesterday about my e-tray woes and I haven't heard back yet except a generic email of acknowledgement. Really want to get this over with now!!
Finally got a response;

We have had to re set the E-tray so you now have until the 3rd November 2016 to complete this again.

I emailed them yesterday so I assume they'll be sending these out to everyone shortly. I'll be doing mine on Monday since I don't have 80 minutes to put aside for this until then, so I'll be able to tell them if it's the same scenario or just different questions.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hodgey111
Just logged on to the Fast Stream website and was unsuccessful in the first tests.

Oh man, that's awful. :frown: Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll be fine if you decide to apply again next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milesofsea
Did they send you an email telling you they'd fixed it? How much of an extension did they give you?

I sent an email yesterday about my e-tray woes and I haven't heard back yet except a generic email of acknowledgement. Really want to get this over with now!!

If it makes you feel better my issue has being going on since Sunday and I've had to continuously chased them. I even cheekily forwarded an email and then they responded!!

I got it reset today and have the 7 day clock reset
Original post by Caravan_Palace
Finally got a response;

We have had to re set the E-tray so you now have until the 3rd November 2016 to complete this again.

I emailed them yesterday so I assume they'll be sending these out to everyone shortly. I'll be doing mine on Monday since I don't have 80 minutes to put aside for this until then, so I'll be able to tell them if it's the same scenario or just different questions.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Not bad, no doubt you will ace it as I also got the confirmation from them that the background documents will be the same but with different email scenarios. Should be absolutely no issue for time with the people retaking it. Not so fortunare for the people who completed it with no issues and will need to hit a higher passmark given the skewed results by people performing better on the resit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 667
Original post by gingerwizard
Not bad, no doubt you will ace it as I also got the confirmation from them that the background documents will be the same but with different email scenarios. Should be absolutely no issue for time with the people retaking it. Not so fortunare for the people who completed it with no issues and will need to hit a higher passmark given the skewed results by people performing better on the resit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Given the number of applicants, there is unlikely to be much difference in the required pass rate.. I'd focus on your own application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, that's certainly interesting... I may ask them if we'll be marked at a higher standard, since having the same scenario fresh in my mind is undoubtedly unfair to others. I know I should be over the moon that I've basically been given a free pass to the video interview, but it's still so unfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know how other people are feeling they have an advantage when I can't recall what was really in the documents and I didn't even get to see the emails it cut out after I read the background information so can't see how I'm any more at an advantage. If anything I'm disadvantaged in the fact that I'm having the stress of it not going smoothly and may perform at more poorly due it than those who were able to take it in one sitting with no issue.
Original post by KJSwale
I don't know how other people are feeling they have an advantage when I can't recall what was really in the documents and I didn't even get to see the emails it cut out after I read the background information so can't see how I'm any more at an advantage. If anything I'm disadvantaged in the fact that I'm having the stress of it not going smoothly and may perform at more poorly due it than those who were able to take it in one sitting with no issue.

I honestly can remember at least 50% of the info I read, all the names of the people, some of the figures and so on. Perhaps it's just me since I finished the test and then the site crashed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Buck88
Given the number of applicants, there is unlikely to be much difference in the required pass rate.. I'd focus on your own application.

Thanks for the advice but I've completed the e-tray so not much to 'focus' on till the results come through...

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the end of the day coming from a recruitment background there could be arguments on both sides as to who feels more aggrieved but ultimately if anyone was going to be disadvantaged to that level, they wouldn't allow people to resit.

If anyone feels differently then contact FS team.

Everyone is in their own situation and feel I shouldn't be not allowed to resit because they they had a server error, that in itself is unfair.

There is absolutely nothing to say those who sat without issue wouldn't have failed or passed either way and same for those who resit.
I completed the e-tray yesterday morning, after psyching myself up for days. I thought it was hard, but managed to (just) complete the 24th email. However, when I clicked submit for the 24th email question, the out of time message came up almost immediately afterwards, with the 24th email and my green and red arrow selections for it in the background.
The faststream website showed that I had completed it, so I wasn't too worried, but after reading about the technical difficulties on here, I sent an email yesterday evening asking if my 24th email answer had registered.
Today I got a message saying that my e-tray had been reset, until November 2nd, which I was gutted about, as I really don't want to go through it again!
However, I just rang Parity, and the woman I spoke to said that none of my answers had registered (possibly because I clicked the submit button at exactly the same time as the time ended...), so I was really glad I'd queried it.
She told me that the new-e-tray would be a "different scenario", which I took to be different background info as well, but I may be wrong on that.
I will be doing mine tonight and will let everyone know if it is the same background information, however, can't comment on the questions as I never got to see any
I don't know why everyone is worried about doing it again. The e tray which u guys did which timed out acts as a practice one for u. You always learn something from a test, always, each one of us has come out of an exam and thought oh i should've added that oh i should've spent more time/less time on that. Even tho the scenario may be different, having a feel for the actual real test is unfair and just puts you in a better position overall in terms of time management, background info scanning etc. And having another 7 days is a massive bonus, obviously i see it from your guys perspective aswell but don't be worried, you guys will smash it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zakiah nasir
I don't know why everyone is worried about doing it again. The e tray which u guys did which timed out acts as a practice one for u. You always learn something from a test, always, each one of us has come out of an exam and that oh i should've added that oh i should've spent more time/less time on that. Even tho the scenario may be different, having a feel for the actual real test is unfair and just puts you in a better position overall in terms of time management, background info scanning etc. And having another 7 days is a massive bonus, obviously i see it from your guys perspective aswell but don't be worried, you guys will smash it.

Completely agree, no doubt all of us would do better if we sat it again. Regardless of a change of scenario/example. Not quite a free pass to the video interview as some have mentioned but certainly not far off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Completely agree, no doubt all of us would do better if we sat it again. Regardless of a change of scenario/example. Not quite a free pass to the video interview as some have mentioned but certainly not far off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fast stream team have assured me that there won't be any advantange but I'm not sure how. Good luck to everyone tho i hope we all do well and get to the interview stage atleast which will show our true capabilities.
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had tried to sit the test today and had problems? I am planning to do it this evening but will be pretty miffed if I have to sit it again!

L
Mines just been submitted and states completed so hopefully the issues are over.

Also, I had a slightly different scenario but I never saw the questions last time so unsure if they were mixed up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending