The Student Room Group

Ppe applicants 2017???!

Thought I'd start this off. Who's applying for PPE and where at??

I really want Exeter but I'm applying Lancaster and probably York too. No idea where else

Scroll to see replies

Just set my choices for PPE on the UCAS page for the first time tonight. My choices in preference order:

Oxford (Bailliol), LSE, UCL, Durham, Exeter

All the courses look good, what was of note was that the LSE course was a 4 year one as opposed to the normal 3, which didn't particularly bother me but might put you off if you want to get into work or wherever more quickly. Also the UCL course is classified as a BSc, bachelor of science, while all the others are BA, bachelor of Arts, which might say something about the approach to PPE at UCL
Has anyone applying for PPE received any offers yet?
I applied for PPE at Oxford (Christ Church), Durham (University College), KCL, Manchester and Stirling. Manchester took a week to get back to me and they gave AAB offer. No other replies yet though. I read Durham try to wait until January to give most of their offers out, to "give equal consideration to each individual application".

This link from 2013 might help: https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/undergraduate/apply/OfferProcessing2013Entry.pdf

Is anyone ready for the TSA next Wednesday?
Original post by GCSE student 1

Just got an offer from Stirling!
Reply 5
Hi, what were everyones predicted grades (applying for UCL and LSE). Mine are currently A*AA but not sure if I should apply there.
Original post by Ozil5
Hi, what were everyones predicted grades (applying for UCL and LSE). Mine are currently A*AA but not sure if I should apply there.

Mine are A*A*AA (Maths, Economics, Religious Studies and French).

LSE ask for an A* in Maths don't they? If your A* prediction is in Maths then go for it!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by CameronButt
Mine are A*A*AA (Maths, Economics, Religious Studies and French).

LSE ask for an A* in Maths don't they? If your A* prediction is in Maths then go for it!

Thanks man and yeah they do ask for the A* in maths. I think I may apply but im just worried as its very competitive. Good luck for your TSA btw
Original post by Ally's
Yes, uncon from Birmingham!

Congratulations, that's fantastic - does it have to be your firm choice then? Where else have you applied? :smile:
I applied to Oxford, Durham, Nottingham and Warwick and to Bristol for E&P- I have offers from Notts and Bristol so far
Reply 10
Original post by prospectiveppe
I applied to Oxford, Durham, Nottingham and Warwick and to Bristol for E&P- I have offers from Notts and Bristol so far

Bristol Economics and Phil or Econ and Pol? And congratulations on your offers thats great! Would you mind sharing your predicted grades as I was also hoping to apply to Nottingham :smile:
Original post by Ozil5
Bristol Economics and Phil or Econ and Pol? And congratulations on your offers thats great! Would you mind sharing your predicted grades as I was also hoping to apply to Nottingham :smile:

Economics and Politics (I should have realised that was pretty ambiguous). I have predicted grades of 4 A*s (think it is unlikely I will get this, because doing 4 means I have less time for each subject) but Notts don't require anything like that- my offer is the usual A*AA/A*ABB. Where else are you thinking of applying?
Reply 12
Original post by prospectiveppe
Economics and Politics (I should have realised that was pretty ambiguous). I have predicted grades of 4 A*s (think it is unlikely I will get this, because doing 4 means I have less time for each subject) but Notts don't require anything like that- my offer is the usual A*AA/A*ABB. Where else are you thinking of applying?

Wow thats amazing congratulations! I'm still so unsure on where to apply, Im pretty sure I will apply to Kings, UCL and Warwick but not too sure on the other two. Potentially Nottingham, York, Leeds or LSE (big risk but worth a try)
Original post by Ozil5
Wow thats amazing congratulations! I'm still so unsure on where to apply, Im pretty sure I will apply to Kings, UCL and Warwick but not too sure on the other two. Potentially Nottingham, York, Leeds or LSE (big risk but worth a try)

Ah, London unis.. I decided I want to get out of the capital so I haven't applied to any of them! Warwick is fantastic (from what I've seen) for PPE- I liked Nottingham as more of an insurance with its lower 4 grade offer, but it is still a nice uni and well-respected.
Reply 14
Applied for Oxford (St. Anne's), York, UEA, Sheffield (Philosophy and econ only) and Cardiff (Philosophy and econ only). Had offers from UEA and Cardiff already :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by GCSE student 1

I've received offers from York, Leeds and Sussex :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Ebie84
I've received offers from York, Leeds and Sussex :smile:

What are your predicted grades and conditions for York? 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I've applied to Oxford (wadham), York, Manchester, Southampton and Reading and I've already got offers from York and Manchester !!!!!
Reply 18
Handed in application in early Oct, nothing so far. Applied to Ox, KCL, Warwick, Exeter, Southampton..
Original post by Tols
Thought I'd start this off. Who's applying for PPE and where at??

I really want Exeter but I'm applying Lancaster and probably York too. No idea where else

Applied Oxford, Warwick, York, Manchester and Exeter and already got offers from York and Manchester :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending