The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Living and studying at Bournemouth University

I am looking to study Event Management either 2017/2018 and would just like an insight into how you find living and studying in Bournemouth. It doesn't matter what course you are studying, whether you are a fresher or a final year student, just want some student perspectives of Bournemouth University - the good and the bad points 😊 Thanks!
Hiya,

I've just graduated from BU, my degree was Media and Communications. I loved Bournemouth, so much so that I stayed here to work in their Communications department. There's a strong focus on clubbing and nights out for students as a general stereotype and whilst Bournemouth is great for a night out there are so many other thing to get out and do that makes living in Bournemouth so much fun. Here are some of my top things I did as a student (and still do now):
- Long beach walks
- Studying in Bournemouth Gardens (weather permitting)
- Camping in the New Forest
- Banana boating and wake boarding at a local water park
- Pub crawls and nights out
- Day trips to Southampton.

The list goes on, but I have had an amazing time living and studying here. The only down side to studying on Talbot campus is sometimes there is limited space however, the uni have just opened a new Open Access Centre which is bigger than the previous one. The library has everything you need, and if there's something you require specifically they can get it for you.

I hope that helps!
Sam :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by UniStudent2017
I am looking to study Event Management either 2017/2018 and would just like an insight into how you find living and studying in Bournemouth. It doesn't matter what course you are studying, whether you are a fresher or a final year student, just want some student perspectives of Bournemouth University - the good and the bad points 😊 Thanks!

Hi there!
I'm Jess, A first year Marketing Student at Bournemouth University! I personally love studying in Bournemouth. The campus is lovely, everywhere in the first year is easy to get too, for example clubs and town are walking distance which helps save money on nights out - a definite bonus!!! As well as the beach being close by to most accommodations! Also the bus stops to get the uni are always close by! The only disadvantage I would say is that it can be quite hilly!

If you have anymore questions at all about Bournemouth and it's attractions let me know and I'd be happy to answer! - Jess
Original post by UniStudent2017

I personally enjoy studying in Bournemouth, I think the university is relatively modern and has some very good lecturers and interesting topics, but obviously this will depend on your course and how you like being taught!
Living in Bournemouth I love and it has a lot to offer from restaurants to the beach to good nightlife and clubs. There is a lot to do here and the only thing I'd complain about is the amount of homeless people, however this is only really in the town centre and they just sleep on the floor and don't bother you too much (other than occasionally asking for some change). It is a much more urban area than you'd expect and won't disappoint :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending