The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by W. A. Mozart
Perfect grades and an abundance of extra-curriculars, impressive.

Thanks Wolfgang :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by rolaah
Thanks Wolfgang :smile:

Holy ****... I echo his sentiments. You probably get asked this question a lot, so apologies for asking, but how come you didn't apply for Oxbridge?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Holy ****... I echo his sentiments. You probably get asked this question a lot, so apologies for asking, but how come you didn't apply for Oxbridge?

There's no straight IR or IR/Language course at Oxbridge so I didn't bother. I might do a masters there but idrk
Has anyone got any offers back from St andrews for maths?
Original post by GrungeGirl
Has anyone got any offers back from St andrews for maths?

I applied for physics and was wondering the same thing, I think they generally don't give offers out in any department til after January 15th
What emails has anyone got from St Andrews?
I got the initial welcome one, followed by the fee status. However, in the welcome one it said after determining the fee status they'd get in contact with more details of the application process. I wasn't sure if that meant I should have received another email by now; has anyone else?
I went to the open day last week and pretty much they say the the overwhelming majority of their offers after the deadline. Maybe a couple just around Christmas. I'm not expecting anything anytime soon
Original post by La Sinjoro
What emails has anyone got from St Andrews?
I got the initial welcome one, followed by the fee status. However, in the welcome one it said after determining the fee status they'd get in contact with more details of the application process. I wasn't sure if that meant I should have received another email by now; has anyone else?

That is the same as me. I think it is normal to not have received anything yet. I think the next email will be regarding your offer. Which by the sounds of it will not be for a while.
I will apply to Arabic and Persian with 38 IB points:smile: I honestly don't think I will get an offer as I apply to so different courses (in Scotland only St Andrews and Edinburgh offer Arabic), but at least I'll try!
Course Applying: IR and Modern History
GCSE grades: A*AAAAAABBC
A-levels: A*AA (Geography, History, Politics) - gap year reapplying
Supra-curriculars: Summer School @ Durham Uni, Work experience in the Houses of Parliament
Other unis applying to: Oxford, Durham, LSE, Warwick
Original post by daisysaxelby
I applied for physics and was wondering the same thing, I think they generally don't give offers out in any department til after January 15th

I have applied for physics too, I haven't had any replies yet. Where have you applied, apart from StA?
Original post by luisasch
I have applied for physics too, I haven't had any replies yet. Where have you applied, apart from StA?

Bristol, warwick, Exeter and Loughborough, how about you?
Original post by daisysaxelby
Bristol, warwick, Exeter and Loughborough, how about you?

Cambridge, Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt and Glasgow... Good luck!
I'm a German Student :smile:

Course Applying: International Relations
Grades: In Germany, we do the Abitur and the highest possible grade is 1.0 ... I'll probably get 1.1 (Entry requirements for Germans are 1.1-1.2)
Extra curriculars: I've organized a workshop at a Munich refugee camp and have done arts with the children there, I volunteer at an organisation offering activities for families from all social/cultural backgrounds every week and I've done some maths and French tutoring (should I mention this in the application?)
Other unis considering/applying to: Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen, Strathclyde

So I probably won't get an offer ... I'll try though, St. Andrews is my first choice
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
I'm a German Student :smile:

Course Applying: International Relations
Grades: In Germany, we do the Abitur and the highest possible grade is 1.0 ... I'll probably get 1.1 (Entry requirements for Germans are 1.1-1.2)
Supra-curriculars: I've organized a workshop at a Munich refugee camp and have done arts with the children there, I volunteer at an organisation offering activities for families from all social/cultural backgrounds every week and I've done some maths and French tutoring (should I mention this in the application?)
Other unis considering/applying to: Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen, Strathclyde

So I probably won't get an offer ... I'll try though, St. Andrews is my first choice

Hi fellow German student 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
@the fellow German: Hallo! What are you going to apply for? Mind if I ask how your current grades look like? And how did you enter all your grades in UCAS? It's a bit confusing tbh ... I just created a module for every semester & course ... Now I have around 50 modules :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
@the fellow German: Hallo! What are you going to apply for? Mind if I ask how your current grades look like? And how did you enter all your grades in UCAS? It's a bit confusing tbh ... I just created a module for every semester & course ... Now I have around 50 modules :s-smilie:

I'm applying for Art History and am also predicted 1.1 like you :smile: I entered all of my obtained grades but then only entered the most relevant predicted grades for the course, I seriously hope it wasn't a mistake...😅 I think I ended up with about 30 modules...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmwilliams
I'm applying for Art History and am also predicted 1.1 like you :smile: I entered all of my obtained grades but then only entered the most relevant predicted grades for the course, I seriously hope it wasn't a mistake...😅 I think I ended up with about 30 modules...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good! I'm a bit worried about the so-called undergraduate Master (MA), I'd rather have a bachelor because I'm not sure yet whether I want to do my Master (postgraduate) in Germany or not ... I hope that it won't be confusing for them if I apply with a MA International Relations for a master :biggrin: I'll probably write a few German unis just to make sure that it isn't a problem.

Good luck with your application, I hope that you get an offer! :smile:
Sounds good! I'm a bit worried about the so-called undergraduate Master (MA), I'd rather have a bachelor because I'm not sure yet whether I want to do my Master (postgraduate) in Germany or not ... I hope that it won't be confusing for them if I apply with a MA International Relations for a master :biggrin: I'll probably write a few German unis just to make sure that it isn't a problem.

Good luck with your application, I hope that you get an offer! :smile:

I'm sure it won't be a problem, it would be really weird if they made a big deal about it... I hope you get an offer as well! But I can't believe we have to wait so long ! 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lots of people talking on this Facebook group :smile:

facebook.com/groups/152481561888778/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending