The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester Applicants 2017 Entry

Welcome to the University of Leicester Applicants thread!

Hi everyone :wavey:

This thread is for anyone considering applying, or has applied, to UoL for the 2017 entry. You can use this thread to connect with other applicants, and talk about courses, the city and the uni.

I studied at Leicester from 2011-2014, then did my MA there the following year. I'll be happy to answer any general questions, but might struggle with anything specific as it has been 5 years since my freshers!

To get things started, why don't you fill out the following:

Name:
GCSEs:
AS:
A2 subjects:
A2 (predictions or achieved):
Applying anywhere else?

Here's mine...

Name: Fox Corner :cool:
Course: English Literature
GCSEs: 9 A-C
AS: can't remember :rofl:
A2 subjects: English Lit, Law, Psychology, English Language (AS)
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAB A
Applying anywhere else? I also applied to Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Oxford Brookes

Interesting Facts about UoL

We won the first ever University Challenge in 1963

David and Richard Attenborough's dad was the Principal of the University College from 1932-1951. The Attenborough's lived on campus (in what is now the Maths Building) and both brothers were made Distinguished Honorary Fellows of the University in 2006.

UoL discovered and exhumed the body of Richard III in 2012, after discovering it in a car park in the city.

The techniques used in genetic fingerprinting were invented and developed at UoL in 1984 by Sir Alec Jeffreys.

We were chosen by the United Nations as one of only 10 Universities in the world to take part in the HeForShe campaign.

Some useful links

Undergraduate Page

Postgraduate Page

Unimatch Information

Course Search

Open Day info

Get a Prospectus

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone recieved an unconditional offer for Leicester?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hey, i've applied for law with criminology x
I'm applying for neuroscience and predicted ACC in Maths, Chemistry and Biology however I know I can get at least AAB. I got 3A* 7A's and a B at GCSE.

For the requirements it says AAB - BBB + B in EPQ and I am predicted an A for my EPQ. Should I still apply?
Reply 4
Got a conditional offer of AAB for Physics F303 today :biggrin: My predicted grades were A*A*AA but my personal statement was shocking. Any idea when they send out the invite to visit the department?
Original post by DuckzzZ
Got a conditional offer of AAB for Physics F303 today :biggrin: My predicted grades were A*A*AA but my personal statement was shocking. Any idea when they send out the invite to visit the department?

Hi I got an unconditional for geography predicted AAA and 3A*s 5As and 2D*s at GCSE. I thought my statment was crap to be honest but they obviously liked it lol.
Original post by Demi.star
I'm applying for neuroscience and predicted ACC in Maths, Chemistry and Biology however I know I can get at least AAB. I got 3A* 7A's and a B at GCSE.

For the requirements it says AAB - BBB + B in EPQ and I am predicted an A for my EPQ. Should I still apply?

Does your PS reflect the above? :smile:
Original post by Wantsnoffer
Does your PS reflect the above? :smile:

What do you mean?
My personal statement shows I've done an EPQ and that I'm hard working as well as an all rounder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That your predictions are not what you aspire to achieve
Original post by Wantsnoffer
That your predictions are not what you aspire to achieve

No I haven't said that. I haven't sent off my ucas so I could add that in my ps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Might be worth mentioning......something like feel you are on track to achieve higher.....what does your school reference say?
Original post by Bobby9444

I received and unconditional offer today for Ancient History and History, thought it was odd considering others I have got have been conditional to get ABB ☺️☺️
Original post by alicehill99
I received and unconditional offer today for Ancient History and History, thought it was odd considering others I have got have been conditional to get ABB ☺️☺️

Need an unconditional from Birmingham really, still good though! what were your predicted grades?
Need an unconditional from Birmingham really, still good though! what were your predicted grades?

Not quite sure as my college never let me know, but might have been AAB OR ABB.
What subject have you applied for??
Original post by alicehill99
Not quite sure as my college never let me know, but might have been AAB OR ABB.
What subject have you applied for??

Got an unconditional for Geography predicted AAA but the entry requirements were ABB.
Name: Bobby
Course: Geography
GCSEs: 3A*s 5As and two BTEC D*s =
A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Business and General Studies
A2 (predictions): AAA
Applying anywhere else
Birmingham, Keele, Aberysythwyth, KCL
Reply 16

I just got an unconditional for Medical Physiology (ABB) with AAA predictions and a medical personal statement. Does anyone know if it will still be conditional if I make it my insurance?
[QUOTE="mkg99;68253972"]I just got an unconditional for Medical Physiology (ABB) with AAA predictions and a medical personal statement. Does anyone know if it will still be conditional if I make it my insurance?[/QUOTE

Congratulations! I thought you usually have to firm for unconditionals .....when did you apply? :smile:
Name: Jaz
Course: Computer Science
GCSEs: 4 Bs, 2 Cs, 1D (I know I'm gonna have some tough competition)
AS: I'm doing BTEC. I guess the equivelant might be my BTEC IT L2? (though I only did that because I failed Business L3. Personal reasons :/)
A2 subjects: Did a BTEC Business L3 Diploma, but failed. Doing BTEC IT L3 Extended Diploma now.
A2 (predictions or achieved): I don't know what my tutor's going to predict for me yet, but I had straight distinctions last year, and I'm getting straight distinctions this year. So I'll get D*D*D* at the end. (not debatable. I'm doing it :P)
Applying anywhere else? Cardiff, Aberystwyth, Bangor, Staffordshire
Reply 19
[QUOTE="Wantsnoffer;68253982"]
Original post by mkg99
I just got an unconditional for Medical Physiology (ABB) with AAA predictions and a medical personal statement. Does anyone know if it will still be conditional if I make it my insurance?[/QUOTE

Congratulations! I thought you usually have to firm for unconditionals .....when did you apply? :smile:

I applied on 11/10. I emailed admissions to check but they said that the offer will remain unconditional even if I make it my insurance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending