The Student Room Group

What's the worst excuse you've used to cancel plans with someone?

We've all done it before. You've agreed to meet a friend but you don't feel like going anymore, how did you break it to them?

Tell us the worst lies/excuses you've told to cancel plans with someone :colone:

I once told my friend that I had to go to a 10km run the next morning and that if I went clubbing, I would be too hungover to run... :facepalm2:

Scroll to see replies

No one ever wants to go out with me :frown:

Therefore have never had to give an excuse...:cry2:
I have anxiety so I just say that I'm not up to going (even if I'm perfectly fine) because then it's a recyclable excuse with no questions asked
I rarely go out but the excuse i used was that i was too attracted to one of the people i was going out with so i wouldnt be able to control myself... needless to say i was stuck in a tricky situation for a long time.
I once had a girl simply not say she wasn't coming - she just thought it was cool to just not show up, as if it was an option to keep me waiting for like...45 minutes...sweet one. "where were you? I waited ages", "oh I went out with my mom to go shopping - sorry" - true story actually...
you say WORST but you dont say whether that's the most obvious lie or darkest reason so here's mine:
yesterday to avoid doing something online with a friend my train journey home was delayed by in total 3 hours because someone commited suicide and was hit by a train. true, and dark, also the hardest to believe, had to send a photo of the display saying "delayed due to person hit by train" for him to believe me
I'm in a pinta game.
sorry I've got unexpected visitors, not really the worst excuse but I did make it up to him afterwards...
Reply 8
Original post by XOR_
I'm in a pinta game.

Is that why you've become so good at it? :tongue:
Original post by UWS
Is that why you've become so good at it? :tongue:

I'm pretty bad given the amount of games I've played tbh. :tongue:
Usually I say that I can't go out because I need to study, and then I end up doing no studying whatsoever.
"My friend is giving birth, I have to stay with her".
Reasonable, right? Not when you're 13.
Original post by Toasticide
you say WORST but you dont say whether that's the most obvious lie or darkest reason so here's mine:
yesterday to avoid doing something online with a friend my train journey home was delayed by in total 3 hours because someone commited suicide and was hit by a train. true, and dark, also the hardest to believe, had to send a photo of the display saying "delayed due to person hit by train" for him to believe me

Oh god, I always wonder if somebody can spot someone that is planning on jumping in front of a train. Like are there any obvious signs e.g jittery/ shaking.

I feel like I would do anything to try and stop them if I could. :frown:
Original post by oShahpo

:toofunny:
My cousin cancelled coming over at mine because her internet wasn't working.
A couple of weeks later, her mother cancelled coming over because she was waiting for a delivery from Asda.
"Sorry I have to look after my siblings"

...I'm a 17 year old youngest sibling to 20 and 24 year olds
Reply 16
when people ask me to hang out a specific day i say ill let them know then i say oops i feel asleep.

im so mean
Lied to them and said that I had to stay at work for another few hours cause two people had phoned in sick...
Reply 18
Original post by retro_turtles
I rarely go out but the excuse i used was that i was too attracted to one of the people i was going out with so i wouldnt be able to control myself... needless to say i was stuck in a tricky situation for a long time.

But you really liked them tho :colone:

Original post by jessyjellytot14
Usually I say that I can't go out because I need to study, and then I end up doing no studying whatsoever.

I've used that a lot and funnily enough I don't study either :colonhash:

Original post by oShahpo

Oh god.... Awks

Original post by mkap
when people ask me to hang out a specific day i say ill let them know then i say oops i feel asleep.

im so mean

Yes that is pretty bad...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
But you really liked them tho :colone:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't actually thats what made it so weird

Quick Reply

Latest